Thread: Writing Contest #114 - "911, What's your emergency?"

[SUPPORTER]
    Blog Entries

Writing Contest #114 - "911, What's your emergency?"

Hey everyone - time for the next Writing Contest/Challenge/Competition!

Thanks again to Shaun for handling the last one while I was packing/moving/unpacking and studying...

Then the theme for this one is going to be "911, What's your emergency?" Can be anything related to a 911 call, or leading up to it, starting/ending with it - just as long as you have #911 in your story. Also, there are plenty of emotion-provoking #911 dispatcher stories on the internet that you can look to for inspiration?

And as per usual PJ rules:

*Nothing sexual in nature (romantic love scene is OK, but nothing graphic)

*Nothing Political (or at least real world politics)

*1-5 Pages in length

* No published/franchise characters that you haven't created and own the rights to (public domain characters should be OK - just make sure they're public domain)

* The winner of this contest gets to choose the topic of the next contest.

DEADLINE: Tuesday, June the 6th 2017

[SUPPORTER]
    Blog Entries
    How are you all doing with this challenge?

Ten days later and I'm on story idea number 3 - the #911 chatbot story and then alien invasion ideas didn't pan out... At least I realized this before thumbnailing and scripting the plots - now to hopefully finish this in 11 days!

I was hoping to get an editor to also look at this month's winning script, but no luck so far in getting anybody... Also was looking to see if I can get something lined up as incentive for people to read & vote who's not frequently on the writing forums, but no luck there either...

Hey Chris, I'm not sure I'll be able to make this one. I have my hands full on a project and I'm headed out of town this weekend on vacation.

I'm working on a horror story for this theme right now and having a great time doing it. I'll be posting it soon

[SUPPORTER]
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Hey Chris, I'm not sure I'll be able to make this one. I have my hands full on a project and I'm headed out of town this weekend on vacation.
    Sorry to hear Shaun - all the best @ work & enjoy the vaykay!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycy View Post
    I'm working on a horror story for this theme right now and having a great time doing it. I'll be posting it soon

Good to hear, looking forward to it!

I'm liking this one because I don't have any grandiose ideas for it.