Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ethan Van Sciver (DC artist)

PUMMEL Mod [SUPPORTER]
    [Moderator]
    So, if he's been booted by Marvel before, I wonder if DC will do anything about this latest issue.
    My Deviant Art page
    My PUMMEL stats
    PUMMEL stats: 61 wins | 58 losses | 31 KOs
    2 Time Heavyweight Champion
    Light Heavyweight Commissioner

Return If Possible [SUPPORTER]
    [Moderator]
    Quote Originally Posted by tereuo View Post
    When it comes to "separate person from the art", it's a privilege. It's not a privilege that most people of color, LGBT or women, have. I cant speak for all but as a person of color, I will not support a person who supports oppression. No matter what it looks like. When Frank Miller created his book, "Holy Terror" with so much undertone of xenophobia and hate. Many weren't saying, "let's separate the man from the art". They were flat out calling him xenophobic. They stopped buying and reading his work.

It's no different than people who stop watching Mel Gibson's films because of his hateful words towards the black and Jewish community.

If a person shows their colors and want to spread propaganda then I'll take my leave of their work. I do not and will not cloud my life, emotions or mind with the work of a hateful artist/creator.

I have zero urge to see, The Art of Nazi Germany and I'm not comparing these comic creators to Nazi's. I'm saying supporting hate and oppression is one in the same. It may have different faces but hate is hate and I'll never give my money to hate. Ever

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk
    I disagree with all of this, even though I understand your point. The problem with the age we live in is that there are outspoken people, who take to Twitter and the like to expose themselves by expressing their views. But for every one of those types, there are the silent ones, who won't divulge their views, beliefs, convictions, etc., because they're smart enough to know that it's just not a good thing to do. So, without your knowledge, you're already supporting hate. You just don't know it.

It's a slippery slope...
    Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search.

Not Spoiling for a Fight Pencilero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Popninja View Post
    I disagree with all of this, even though I understand your point. The problem with the age we live in is that there are outspoken people, who take to Twitter and the like to expose themselves by expressing their views. But for every one of those types, there are the silent ones, who won't divulge their views, beliefs, convictions, etc., because they're smart enough to know that it's just not a good thing to do. So, without your knowledge, you're already supporting hate. You just don't know it.

It's a slippery slope...
    I would not engage with tereuo. If you look into his handle, you'll see he's a problem user on multiple forums and seems to have set up shop here, a creative site, because folks can't stop feeding the troll; and nobody here has slapped down his buzzfeed posting style.

I'm not being mean, but until I see this guy post something creative (illustration or writing, something pertaining to the craft which is the crux of this sites existence); all I'm seeing is somebody who got lost on their way to reddit, and has registered multiple accounts on other comic forums within the past three months to fun-post from his phone.

Gee, a lot of these threads look pretty damn familiar.

New and improved for 1996!
    Instagram: Pencilero

Ethan is not racist or homophobe. He is conservative Republican. He said some mean things. Now people say mean things about him. If we are to be preaching acceptance shouldn't we be accepting of people who's views we don't like? Tolerate intolerance.
    "when there's no more room in hell...the dead will walk the earth."

my drawings
    my crazy music
    my facebook

Ok, i stepped back and looked at my life choices..

I'm good.

Anyway, I buy everything from Allred and totally disagree with his views. I enjoy neal Adams. Norm breyfogle, erik larsen ... etc. I don't care what they say to other people.

my drawings
    my crazy music
    my facebook

I enjoyed Larsen, up until his work started suffering due to his online crusading.

Such a shame, but I got a good 175 issue run out of one creator.

Edit: My favorite part of this dust up is Van Sciver has long since apologized, but in typical fashion - modern society doesn't know what to do with an apology.

We should all chip in and send Ethan a copy of this book.
    Last edited by Pencilero; 05-19-2017 at 11:07 PM.

Ethan does not oppress anyone.

There are some people that even collect John Wayne gacy art. He did a lot worse than, "say some mean things in a facebook argument".

my drawings
    my crazy music
    my facebook

If someone says, "f*** off", is that oppression? It's about the same thing. People say that often. I'm sure he did not want that guy to literally kill himself.

You telling me you are done chatting with me makes me feel oppressed. I need a hug.

my drawings
    my crazy music
    my facebook

Quote Originally Posted by golgotha View Post
    You telling me you are done chatting with me makes me feel oppressed. I need a hug.
    Sounds like you need a Dash Con ball pit to cheer you up!

#SafeSpace

#WithPee