Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using a ten point divider to create a perspective grid.

BUYER BEWARE!

I see this going for over $700! EEK!

I see it as low as $130. Not quite so EEK.

The carpenters version (point 2 point) sells for $30.

The seamstress version sells for $20!

The last two have 2-3 fewer points but, for a savings of $700, or even $100, sold american!

Smitty what are the carpenter and seamstress versions called?
    I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

Pardon my shill.

Search "ten point divider" follow Amazon links (Bad, amazon, bad. Buy local). Somewhere in there you'll find "customers also like..."

M Power Point 2 Point Mk2

Simflex Expanding Sewing Guage

Try your local hardware and sewing shops.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Smitty again.
    I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

Sorry if I offended with posting... I don't sell these myself.

Wow, they have become quite a bit more expensive...

That "Simflex Expanding Sewing Gauge" looks interesting! And certainly a lot cheaper!
    Last edited by ayalpinkus; 04-23-2017 at 05:06 AM.

Then let me apologize for making you feel that way. You came with the best of intentions. You stuck up for perspective (anyone sticks up for perspective is OK in my book) Great tip and welcome aboard.

While I've long been aware of the method you showed, I'd never seen one of those... thingies... and when I saw a $700 price tag I kinda freaked out. It's possible the sewing version is garbage, it's possible the Weems version is worth extra. Nothing wrong with paying for quality if it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by MLaw View Post
    I thought about designing one for 3d-printers.. someone might've already done it to be honest...
    It would appear so. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:693676

All i gotta do now is spend $800 on a printer so I can save $100 on the thingie... wait, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Then let me apologize for making you feel that way. You came with the best of intentions. You stuck up for perspective (anyone sticks up for perspective is OK in my book) Great tip and welcome aboard.

While I've long been aware of the method you showed, I'd never seen one of those... thingies... and when I saw a $700 price tag I kinda freaked out. It's possible the sewing version is garbage, it's possible the Weems version is worth extra. Nothing wrong with paying for quality if it's there.
    Smitty, thanks, no apologies needed! I'm new here and this looks like an amazing and heavily moderated place, so I want to make sure I avoid stepping on anyone's toes...

That 3d-printable alternative looks amazing! There are shops around now where you can have things 3d-printed, so maybe I should go try one. Amazing times we live in.