Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Juggernaut Pummel

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Josem View Post
    Just bring the house down. Give him some forward thrust, opposite limbs rule. I'm fighting you this month, right? Oh, well... hope you dont mind...
    I'm also drawing this for the Jack Kirby project.

  2. #12
    [SUPPORTER] Josem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Sin city
    Posts
    1,565
    Yeah, i'm on the same boat too. Gotta tackle with a hairy chick called Medusa.
    Middlweight | W:6 L:0 KOs:4 | Streetfights: W:2 L:0 kOs:1
    LightHeavies | W:7| L :3 KOs: ​6
    http://nabisga.deviantart.com/gallery/

  3. #13
    Anyone able to help with my original drawing?

    Thanks.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Josem View Post
    Just bring the house down. Give him some forward thrust, opposite limbs rule.
    Josem FTW! But, let's take it one step further...

    🎶C'mon Baby, let's do the Twist
    🎶C'mon Baby, let's do the Twist
    🎶Take Juggy's little hand and go like this...




    Just as we have three planes in perspective (background, midground, foreground) We have three rotational angles on the fist through it's arc (windup, pre-contact, post-contact) Note the blue line indicating the angle of the knuckles relative to the ground. Note how the angle of the blue line in figures 1 & 3 are identical. This is because the fist rotates a full 180.

    In a STORY panel we accentuate this by crossing the punch arm over the body. BUT, this is a DISPLAY piece. We want a full frontal view. Along with the debris Josem suggests, the fist twist should sell the idea of irresistible force.

  5. #15
    [SUPPORTER] Josem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Sin city
    Posts
    1,565
    Thanks Smitty, another one i wont forget. Now that i think about the juggernaut, this guy likes to break things with his head, right? Maybe just live the harms behind would be more in character?
    Middlweight | W:6 L:0 KOs:4 | Streetfights: W:2 L:0 kOs:1
    LightHeavies | W:7| L :3 KOs: ​6
    http://nabisga.deviantart.com/gallery/

  6. #16
    PUMMEL Mod [SUPPORTER]
    [Moderator]
    Juggertha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    9,573
    Smitty, honestly, at this point I htink you need to make a book. Make some money off of all this awesomeness.
    My Deviant Art page
    My PUMMEL stats
    PUMMEL stats: 61 wins | 58 losses | 31 KOs
    2 Time Heavyweight Champion
    Light Heavyweight Commissioner

  7. #17
    Another image more to the Smitty folder in my pc! I'm with Juggertha, collecting all your key comments and making a book of them will be fantastic.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Josem View Post
    Thanks Smitty, another one i wont forget. Now that i think about the juggernaut, this guy likes to break things with his head, right? Maybe just live the harms behind would be more in character?
    That would certainly work but I don't know that that's necessarily his "schtick". The Rhino head butts, Hulk smash(es), Thing clobbers... Juggs is the irresistible force. He doesn't need to punch his way through. Like the Vision or Kitty, he has the ability to simply walk through walls only, in his case, the wall has to get out of the way. (But, that's not the most exciting visual)

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMobius View Post
    Anyone able to help with my original drawing?

    Thanks.
    More debris.

    More interaction/connection/relationship with the wall. In the OP, Juggs is already clear of the wall and thus has nothing to hit; he's just flailing at air.

    No "walk-like-an-Egyptian" hieroglyph posing. IF the left leg is forward, THEN: both arms forward, both arms back, or right arm forward; Left arm forward + left leg forward = bad juju.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Josem FTW! But, let's take it one step further...

    ��C'mon Baby, let's do the Twist
    ��C'mon Baby, let's do the Twist
    ��Take Juggy's little hand and go like this...




    Just as we have three planes in perspective (background, midground, foreground) We have three rotational angles on the fist through it's arc (windup, pre-contact, post-contact) Note the blue line indicating the angle of the knuckles relative to the ground. Note how the angle of the blue line in figures 1 & 3 are identical. This is because the fist rotates a full 180.

    In a STORY panel we accentuate this by crossing the punch arm over the body. BUT, this is a DISPLAY piece. We want a full frontal view. Along with the debris Josem suggests, the fist twist should sell the idea of irresistible force.
    It's madness how much I love Smitty's posts.

    If you guys want to see some real world examples of puching like this, you need to check out Russian fighters. In boxing, they generally turn their fists over for Russian long hooks / casting punches and, in less precise forms of striking like MMA, with their overhead rights.

    Igor Vovchanchyn is the perfect example of this... and he's basically a tiny Juggernaut himself. They called him The Ukraine Fright Train because of how hard he hit.

    Here's a right cross, fist rolled all the way over. (Western fighters only roll the fist halfway, not all the way so the thumb is down and the pinky is up.)



    He was the first person in MMA (NHB) that people were really afraid to get in the ring with and that's just because of how hard he hit. Fighters thought they wanted some until they got some:



    I always thought he fought like a modern-day Dempsey. He puts his weight into each punch so much he's basically charging forward like the Juggernaut. In this gif Overeem looks like he fell off a cliff:



    And some people were just stupid enough to stand in front of him and throw punches back:



    End of lecture. God I miss watching him fight.


  10. #20
    Monkey with Crayons [Moderator] Veritas71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    UR Castle
    Posts
    4,530
    Here's a quick idea.

    OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
    My Blog
    My DeviantART Page
    PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •