Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: 100 Artists Celebrate Kirby's 100 Birthday

PUMMEL Mod [SUPPORTER]
    [Moderator]
    Black Panther

Last edited by Juggertha; 04-20-2017 at 09:41 PM.
    My Deviant Art page
    My PUMMEL stats
    PUMMEL stats: 61 wins | 58 losses | 31 KOs
    2 Time Heavyweight Champion
    Light Heavyweight Commissioner

Quote Originally Posted by Juggertha View Post
    Black Panther

Holy crap!!! I love this.

Monkey with Crayons [Moderator] Veritas71's Avatar
    T'Challa!!!
    OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
    My Blog
    My DeviantART Page
    PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Can I do captain America?

I'd like to get in on this!
    I'll have to admit though, that I couldn't answer the question of which is my favorite issue with Kirby, since I can't recall if I've ever read one.

But if that doesn't disqualify me, I'd like to do Machine Man

Straight Outta a Comic Book [SUPPORTER] Symson's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well Hofling… you do put me in a awkward position. You already know you’re on shaky ground by pretty much admitting you’re not familiar with Kirby, since you can’t even remember seeing a comic he drew. But you want me to drop the guillotine. This is a tribute book to Jack Kirby, so at the very least, you should know his work.

However, I suspect this is the problem with the slow interest in the Eisner tribute book. Kirby is the DeMille of comics, while Eisner is the Orson Welles of comics and just as under appreciated or not so well known.

So I’m going to say yes to your request on the condition that you go read some Kirby books. You’ll thank me for it later. And you’ll find a favorite from those. Kirby vision of Machine Man, please.
    Inviting 100 artists to celebrate Kirby and Eisner Centennial Tribute Books

Joining you in the ABCs of faith - Action, Belief and Confidence

Quote Originally Posted by Symson View Post
    Well Hofling… you do put me in a awkward position. You already know you’re on shaky ground by pretty much admitting you’re not familiar with Kirby, since you can’t even remember seeing a comic he drew. But you want me to drop the guillotine. This is a tribute book to Jack Kirby, so at the very least, you should know his work.

However, I suspect this is the problem with the slow interest in the Eisner tribute book. Kirby is the DeMille of comics, while Eisner is the Orson Welles of comics and just as under appreciated or not so well known.

So I’m going to say yes to your request on the condition that you go read some Kirby books. You’ll thank me for it later. And you’ll find a favorite from those. Kirby vision of Machine Man, please.
    Lol I literally only started appreciating Kirby about two months ago. I never liked him until recently, now I'm grabbing all the Marvel Masterworks and Essential Marvels I find at used shops. We can thank Smitty for this transformation.

Now Eisner, on the other hand, is my guy. I've read so many Spirit books and most of his graphic novels. Wally Woods taking Spirit into space was artwork I loved even better than Eisner.

Quote Originally Posted by Symson View Post

Yeah, I figured it would be somewhat of a conundrum for you, Symson. (For what it's worth, I'm not clueless to whom Kirby is. Just haven't read anything by him)
    Unfortunately, I rarely have time to read comics nowadays, so I wouldn't be able to hold up to that condition of yours. :/
    But thanks anyways for trying to give me a way in
    Peace!

Straight Outta a Comic Book [SUPPORTER] Symson's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hofling View Post
    I'm grabbing all the Marvel Masterworks and Essential Marvels I find at used shops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hofling View Post
    Yeah, I figured it would be somewhat of a conundrum for you, Symson. (For what it's worth, I'm not clueless to whom Kirby is. Just haven't read anything by him)
    Unfortunately, I rarely have time to read comics nowadays, so I wouldn't be able to hold up to that condition of yours. :/
    But thanks anyways for trying to give me a way in
    Peace!
    Now you're getting confusing. You're grabbing Marvel Masterworks and Essential Marvels and you don't have time to read them?
    Inviting 100 artists to celebrate Kirby and Eisner Centennial Tribute Books

Joining you in the ABCs of faith - Action, Belief and Confidence

sorry if this double posts, im not seeing my post show up:

Sym that was Joseph Dredd that said hes grabbing masterworks and essentials.