Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 368

Thread: 100 Artists Celebrate Kirby's 100 Birthday

  1. #171
    PUMMEL Mod [SUPPORTER]
    [Moderator]
    Juggertha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    9,564
    Black Panther

    Last edited by Juggertha; 04-20-2017 at 09:41 PM.
    My Deviant Art page
    My PUMMEL stats
    PUMMEL stats: 61 wins | 58 losses | 31 KOs
    2 Time Heavyweight Champion
    Light Heavyweight Commissioner

  2. #172
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    'merica
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggertha View Post
    Black Panther


    Holy crap!!! I love this.

  3. #173
    Monkey with Crayons [Moderator] Veritas71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    UR Castle
    Posts
    4,452
    T'Challa!!!
    OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
    My Blog
    My DeviantART Page
    PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

  4. #174
    Can I do captain America?

  5. #175
    Member Hofling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Borås, Sweden, Sweden
    Posts
    719
    I'd like to get in on this!
    I'll have to admit though, that I couldn't answer the question of which is my favorite issue with Kirby, since I can't recall if I've ever read one.

    But if that doesn't disqualify me, I'd like to do Machine Man

  6. #176
    Straight Outta a Comic Book [SUPPORTER] Symson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    LA LA Land
    Posts
    2,682
    Blog Entries
    6
    Well Hofling… you do put me in a awkward position. You already know you’re on shaky ground by pretty much admitting you’re not familiar with Kirby, since you can’t even remember seeing a comic he drew. But you want me to drop the guillotine. This is a tribute book to Jack Kirby, so at the very least, you should know his work.

    However, I suspect this is the problem with the slow interest in the Eisner tribute book. Kirby is the DeMille of comics, while Eisner is the Orson Welles of comics and just as under appreciated or not so well known.

    So I’m going to say yes to your request on the condition that you go read some Kirby books. You’ll thank me for it later. And you’ll find a favorite from those. Kirby vision of Machine Man, please.
    Inviting 100 artists to celebrate Kirby and Eisner Centennial Tribute Books

    Joining you in the ABCs of faith - Action, Belief and Confidence

  7. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Symson View Post
    Well Hofling… you do put me in a awkward position. You already know you’re on shaky ground by pretty much admitting you’re not familiar with Kirby, since you can’t even remember seeing a comic he drew. But you want me to drop the guillotine. This is a tribute book to Jack Kirby, so at the very least, you should know his work.

    However, I suspect this is the problem with the slow interest in the Eisner tribute book. Kirby is the DeMille of comics, while Eisner is the Orson Welles of comics and just as under appreciated or not so well known.

    So I’m going to say yes to your request on the condition that you go read some Kirby books. You’ll thank me for it later. And you’ll find a favorite from those. Kirby vision of Machine Man, please.
    Lol I literally only started appreciating Kirby about two months ago. I never liked him until recently, now I'm grabbing all the Marvel Masterworks and Essential Marvels I find at used shops. We can thank Smitty for this transformation.

    Now Eisner, on the other hand, is my guy. I've read so many Spirit books and most of his graphic novels. Wally Woods taking Spirit into space was artwork I loved even better than Eisner.

  8. #178
    Member Hofling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Borås, Sweden, Sweden
    Posts
    719
    Quote Originally Posted by Symson View Post
    Well Hofling… you do put me in a awkward position. You already know you’re on shaky ground by pretty much admitting you’re not familiar with Kirby, since you can’t even remember seeing a comic he drew. But you want me to drop the guillotine. This is a tribute book to Jack Kirby, so at the very least, you should know his work.

    So I’m going to say yes to your request on the condition that you go read some Kirby books. You’ll thank me for it later. And you’ll find a favorite from those. Kirby vision of Machine Man, please.
    Yeah, I figured it would be somewhat of a conundrum for you, Symson. (For what it's worth, I'm not clueless to whom Kirby is. Just haven't read anything by him)
    Unfortunately, I rarely have time to read comics nowadays, so I wouldn't be able to hold up to that condition of yours. :/
    But thanks anyways for trying to give me a way in
    Peace!

  9. #179
    Straight Outta a Comic Book [SUPPORTER] Symson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    LA LA Land
    Posts
    2,682
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Hofling View Post
    I'm grabbing all the Marvel Masterworks and Essential Marvels I find at used shops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hofling View Post
    Yeah, I figured it would be somewhat of a conundrum for you, Symson. (For what it's worth, I'm not clueless to whom Kirby is. Just haven't read anything by him)
    Unfortunately, I rarely have time to read comics nowadays, so I wouldn't be able to hold up to that condition of yours. :/
    But thanks anyways for trying to give me a way in
    Peace!
    Now you're getting confusing. You're grabbing Marvel Masterworks and Essential Marvels and you don't have time to read them?
    Inviting 100 artists to celebrate Kirby and Eisner Centennial Tribute Books

    Joining you in the ABCs of faith - Action, Belief and Confidence

  10. #180
    sorry if this double posts, im not seeing my post show up:

    Sym that was Joseph Dredd that said hes grabbing masterworks and essentials.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •