Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dracula the Unconquered #4 pencils

I redrew the top half of Page 9; it wasn't selling all the information I needed it to convey. I like this composition for Panel 1 a lot better, and the new Panel 2 adds some really important info to the scene.

I like that a lot better. Keep in mind, branches that low to the ground tend to be thicker. As it is my eye keeps going to that longer branch on the left tree.. I think if the trees get a color hold they might be okay but with pure black it could be an issue (maybe?). The new insert panel looks great!
    I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

Great work man, what are you using, hardware and software?
    Middlweight | W:6 L:0 KOs:4 | Streetfights: W:2 L:0 kOs:1
    LightHeavies | W:7| L :3 KOs: ​6
    http://nabisga.deviantart.com/gallery/

Josem-
    combination of Clip Studio and Photoshop on my Cintiq, with some SketchUp in the great hall environment. I'm still getting used to the abilities of Clip Studio, but overall I like it.

Beautiful work. I'd pay to read this.

I'm not sure about the perspective inside the fireplace, where's the horizon? Looks like a one point, with the V.P. outside the frame?!I would go with round dishes, will save you a lot of grief. Good stuff as always.
    Middlweight | W:6 L:0 KOs:4 | Streetfights: W:2 L:0 kOs:1
    LightHeavies | W:7| L :3 KOs: ​6
    http://nabisga.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by Josem View Post
    I'm not sure about the perspective inside the fireplace, where's the horizon? Looks like a one point, with the V.P. outside the frame?!I would go with round dishes, will save you a lot of grief. Good stuff as always.
    Thanks man. I do need to rework those dishes, especially in Panel 2.

You're totally right on the perspective- it is one point. I've got the horizon line well below the border of Panel 1.
    Here's a quick diagram:

I know Smitty has talked about "keeping a 1-point VP inside the frame" a ton. Am I making a big mistake with this setup?

I have to say, the rules about when to use which perspective are something I don't have a grasp on. Smitty has repeated it a few times I think but I just can't seem to get it to stick in my brain. I do think putting the 1 point off frame has caused you some Escher-like problems. Outside of replanning it for 1p I don't really know what the correct course of action would be. I want to say 2 point out of instinct.. and because the marshmallow stick looks like 2 point to me.. but that might be misguided.
    I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

Marshmallow stick?

...well crap. Definitely need to do some re-drawing for this panel.