Thread: Quick question

Quick question

Sorry about this, but I was trying to post in the forum, and when I went to upload my art, it only gave me an option to add a url - is there no way to just upload an image to the page? Ill delete this post once I have this figured out

Yes, you'll have to provide a URL for your artwork. The server for Penciljack would probably need to have a higher storage capacity if everyone posted images directly in their posts rather than link their offsite images.

I'm sure it helps keep the costs of maintaining Penciljack down
    ~rangeraragorn
    I am Aragorn, son of Arathorn; and if by life or death I can save you, I will.
    Avatar by Greg Horn. Used with permission.

Frantic Pencil Energy VagabondX's Avatar
    You need to have your art on another site first. DeviantART or Photobucket, etc. I use DeviantART. You post it there, right click on it and select 'view image'. Copy that address and paste it into the 'insert image' button here.

Quote Originally Posted by VagabondX View Post
    You need to have your art on another site first. DeviantART or Photobucket, etc. I use DeviantART. You post it there, right click on it and select 'view image'. Copy that address and paste it into the 'insert image' button here.

Thanks guys! Ill get my art on one of those sites...

Triforce Latte [Moderator] ScottEwen's Avatar
    Photobucket is kind of a pain in the arse, to be honest. DeviantART is good if you already are signed up and have a profile, but if not I suggest imgur.

Frantic Pencil Energy VagabondX's Avatar
    Ditto to the above. /\

I recommend Imgur, as it's robust and reliable, really easy to use, it gives you the BBCode to paste directly into the forum, and you don't even need to register an account (though you can if you want to.)

EDIT: Woops, missed Scott recommending Imgur above. Oh well, another vote, for the stated reasons.

I really would like to learn how to ink my characters and start learning how to make comics, I was wondering if there was any books or video tutorials on inking. My favorite comic book artists are Jim Lee, Todd Mcfarlane, and Greg Capullo

you can use link of already hosted image on photo sharing sites like flickr, instagram etc.