Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 50% grey Folder of Drawing Tips and Tricks

Ma-Ma's not the law... I'm the LAW! [SUPPORTER] 50%grey's Avatar

50% grey Folder of Drawing Tips and Tricks

This is a new thread much in the vein of the Wizard Magazine articles that were little tips and tricks when it comes to common drawing problems.

This is no replacement for a strong foundation, or personal study, more like a supplement to an education.

When pictures of Anatomy are presented I will give both sides of the body so dont get thrown off by the backwards text.

Also, I welcome any links you have to more quick tutorials, but please private message me first. I'll then decide if its simple enough for this thread.

Want to keep this thread as clean as possible for people to reference back to when they need it.

All pictures will be followed by a link to the artist homepage if possible.

Ok, lets start. =)

Artist - Dan Norton

Last edited by Inkthinker; 01-05-2013 at 08:54 PM. Reason: "vain" to "vein"
    “Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” ― Andy Warhol

Last edited by 50%grey; 02-01-2013 at 10:33 PM.
    “Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” ― Andy Warhol

Last edited by 50%grey; 02-01-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Testing... for Science. [SUPPORTER]
    [Moderator]
    Good stuff! More!
    ONLINE PORTFOLIO
    DevArt

"If something's getting made, then someone's getting paid."

This is a Trick on extreme foreshortening.

Remember extreme foreshortening only happens when the subject is close to the camera.

Background objects will not enlarge at such an alarming rate.

For example if you use extreme foreshortening on a background characters forearm to fist, then it will just look like he has a very big arm.

Tutorial on setting up quick perspective on any surface.

This is a set of quick Tutorials on how light will effect a surface, presented by various artists.

Anchor Points for Clothing