Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bat-Cleavage (sfw)

"…let the man draw big breasts…" - Neddypoteddy yomark's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bat-Cleavage (sfw)

I recently watched an Adam West "Batman", with Barbara Gordon (Yvonne Craig) on the beach in a one-peice bathing suit with MAJOR cleavage, and fell in lust. This is what I drew later that night.

As always, please critique and comment.
    Last edited by yomark; 01-05-2012 at 01:08 PM. Reason: #@&^$% ImageShack Took the Images down!

I've always liked your take on figures Yomark...it kinda reminds me a bit of old Ralph Bakshi animation.

But even tho your art is stylized, try to keep things looking like they should in real life....On the bottom picture, her left hand is something that keeps bugging me. I'm guessing that's her thumb, but it looks a bit like her pinky. Watch out for ittle things like that.
    DANN
    Heavyweight Pummel Stats: Wins: 27 / Losses: 11 / Knockouts: 16

www.dannphillips.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dann View Post
    I've always liked your take on figures Yomark...it kinda reminds me a bit of old Ralph Bakshi animation.

But even tho your art is stylized, try to keep things looking like they should in real life....On the bottom picture, her left hand is something that keeps bugging me. I'm guessing that's her thumb, but it looks a bit like her pinky. Watch out for ittle things like that.
    Good advice, which I will keep in mind. I AM trying: currently concentrating on legs, and details of the face. That which you see here is the result of cutting corners, I'm afraid. Guess I shouldn't do that!

100% fun guaranteed! [SUPPORTER] sirandal's Avatar
    I like the 2nd face better than the first one (unless the first one is supposed to be an older lady with sagging jowls.)
    Light Heavy W-37 L-14 KO-17
    PUMMEL stats
    deviant art
    tumblr
    PJ blog

- - - - - -
    you've got her breast inserting into roughly the same place as Deltoid

I get an R. Crumb vibe from this

if you're having trouble with anatomy try tackling simpler poses and angles;
    then up the ante to stuff like this

if you are concentrating on legs and faces... then draw legs and faces

^_^

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sirandal View Post
    I like the 2nd face better than the first one (unless the first one is supposed to be an older lady with sagging jowls.)
    I think the second one came out "prettier" as well. The other, a result of working from the theory (not original with me) the "Youth is Beauty", I try to give my women a baby-fat face (like Anime girls). I'm still refining my knowledge and competency of the structure of the face, so that's one detail I'll have to work on, I guess. The thing I keep thinking is: I wonder if I tend to draw jowls because I myself am in that age-range, and I don't mind it so much, but it's not like I use my own face for reference or anything.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whune View Post
    you've got her breast inserting into roughly the same place as Deltoid

I get an R. Crumb vibe from this

if you're having trouble with anatomy try tackling simpler poses and angles;
    then up the ante to stuff like this

if you are concentrating on legs and faces... then draw legs and faces

^_^
    The deltoid-peck connection is one I'm still working out. If you could tell or show me where specifically here I went wrong would be of great help.

Though I've never consciously immitated Crumb, he IS a big influence, so that's no suprise, and has been said here about my work before.

I have, in fact drawn a lot of legs and faces. I'm about 6 months behind in posting, so what you see here dosen't reflect that. I merely mention it in response to where else it's been pointed out that I lack competence.

But definitely: thank you for the comments/critiques, they're how I improve!

- - - - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by yomark View Post
    The deltoid-peck connection is one I'm still working out. If you could tell or show me where specifically here I went wrong would be of great help.

Though I've never consciously immitated Crumb, he IS a big influence, so that's no suprise, and has been said here about my work before.

I have, in fact drawn a lot of legs and faces. I'm about 6 months behind in posting, so what you see here dosen't reflect that. I merely mention it in response to where else it's been pointed out that I lack competence.

But definitely: thank you for the comments/critiques, they're how I improve!
    sure man.

you need to remember that the bOObies are essentially sitting on top of the muscles
    it's generally true that Pectoralis Major does indeed insert around the same area as Deltoid;
    but the breasts don't.

I'm not sure how to articulate in type exactly how the breasts attach to the torso in relation to the pectoralis Major.
    Hopefully the drawover will help
    red = muscles
    blue = breasts
    black = suggested lines of actual illustration in regards to both

Blog Entries
    What I get basically, Whune, is that I'm not showing any indication of the pecks, and/or that I'm totally obscurring them with the breastsesses. Does that sound right?
    Last edited by yomark; 01-05-2012 at 01:28 PM.

For what it's worth here's a quick overlay. Some things I have done would be wrong but think of it more like a conversation with pictures.

Pummel: Wins: 20 Losses: 20 KO's: 13
    SF Wins to advance to next class: 0