Thread: Manga Studio EX 4: Pen pressure

Manga Studio EX 4: Pen pressure

Hey all, so I recently got manga studio EX4, and was hoping someonw could answer a question for me...
    I'm not liking how hard I have to press the pen down on my drawing tablet...I have read that there should be an option to adjust the pressure (sensitivity) in the tool options if you click the menu option, there is supposed to be an item called "Advanced Settings".
    This is supposedly how you access the setting.

Problem is, I don't see "Advanced Settings" anywhere!

Please help!! I just can't use it like it's currently configured...

Oops - forgot to mention, I'm using a "Genius" tablet if that makes a difference...and adjusting the sensitivity through its software doesn't help at all.
    success is not the absence of failure, but the overcoming of it
    All-Time THUNDERBRAWL CHAMP
    HW|Record:22-2|KOs:14|3-timeLHWchamp|3-timeMWchamp
    STATS
    STOCKPILE

Blog Entries
    That's definitely something unnecessarily hard to find.

In the Pen Tool Options dialog, under the "General" tab, click the the green blob next to the "size" control.

That will pop up a "Brush control" dialog. In the "Size" tab, there's a box where you can adjust the pressure sensitivity.

In the other tabs, there are adjustments for other pen input like tilt and rotation that only the high-end Wacom stuff has.

Also check if your tablet driver itself has some adjustments. You'll probably find them under Control Panel.

ETA: I think you need to adjust the green blob for every pen you use.
    Last edited by Lingling; 01-12-2010 at 10:29 AM.

I LOVE OUR NEIGHBORS TO THE NORTH!!
    Thank you so much Lingling!!
    I can't believe how hard they make it to find such an essential setting!
    success is not the absence of failure, but the overcoming of it
    All-Time THUNDERBRAWL CHAMP
    HW|Record:22-2|KOs:14|3-timeLHWchamp|3-timeMWchamp
    STATS
    STOCKPILE

I know this is off topic, but im left handed and was curious if there is a way to get the pen icon so its pointing the way i draw, i know im nuts but it kinda bugs me.

Blog Entries
    To change the tool cursors, check under File > Preferences > Page > Cursor. You can't simply flip over the tool icons, but you can change them to a non-directional cursor or an arrow pointing in various directions. Under File > Preferences > Options, you can change where some of the pop-ups and the Beginner's Assistant appear.

Quote Originally Posted by ekotek View Post
    I LOVE OUR NEIGHBORS TO THE NORTH!!
    Thank you so much Lingling!!
    I can't believe how hard they make it to find such an essential setting!
    Lol, just doing my civil duty!

Thanks man you know your MS

is there any other FREE programs i could download n use with my drawing tablet except this 1...or is photoshop the best alternative option?

Blog Entries
    Well, Manga Studio isn't free. MS Debut is pretty affordable though.

There are a few free graphics programs out there, of varying quality and usefulness.

I've been playing with Artweaver recently, which is a like Painter, and I really like it.

Paint.NET is fairly limited, but good for certain processing jobs and sketching (but no pressure support as far as I know).

GIMP is a pretty good Photoshop analogue and does support pressure at least for Wacom tablets, but not CMYK.

Inkscape is a good little vector program, like Illustrator. TypeLight for font design.