PDA

View Full Version : PUMMEL discussion: Overall winner

k0b13
10-30-2009, 04:26 AM
A pole after regular PUMMEL matches to decide a winner among the winners in each weight class and then a pole to decide a winner among the three weight class winners. So then we have a PUMMEL overall winner.
What you guys say?

spidey976
10-30-2009, 08:07 AM
Hmmmmm ... I don't really see much of a point. Honestly, and I don't mean to seem rude or anything, but just about EVERY round the BEST pieces are usually from the two guys competeing for the Heavy Weight Title, or at least in the upper tear heavyweights. Though there have been some awesome matches in the throughout the entire league I think that we will see this trend continue as the talent levels have begun to settle down in the divisions a bit.
Also, you would end up with the problem that the subjects for the DOs would be completely different, and that some guys taylor their pieces for the opponent they are facing. It would make for some difficult judging.

dfbovey
10-30-2009, 08:16 AM
I think it's best to probably just have discussions about who your favorite entry for the month was in the discussion threads.

The whole point of PUMMEL is to have a Mike Tyson's punch out style format where you climb the ranks, while this idea is interesting it doesn't really fit into the format.

I've also been highlighting some of my favorites in the break room "Artists of Penciljack Shining Moments" thread and everyone is welcome to do that as well.

Chris Major
10-30-2009, 03:08 PM
I've also been highlighting some of my favorites in the break room "Artists of Penciljack Shining Moments" thread and everyone is welcome to do that as well.
That's pretty much my goal, and I think it should be everyone's. PUMMEL's ranked fights are month-long efforts, the streetfights are sketch/sparring/improvement projects, and I think we'd best leave it at that. Additional fights between winners, well, they're gonna occur some month eventually anyway :)

k0b13
10-31-2009, 08:31 AM
Thanks for replies guys. I actually did not mean additional fights. Just few additional polls(4).

Chris Major
10-31-2009, 10:37 AM
Nan, it's just a hassle. Besides, it's not like those results would add anything to one's record.

k0b13
10-31-2009, 11:47 AM
Ok cool. Tenchars.

dfbovey
10-31-2009, 04:36 PM
If you wanted to throw up a poll with the winners in the challenge and discussion area it would be fine for shits and giggles. But it wouldn't be anything official.