PDA

View Full Version : Middleweight draw-off PSF

NickRocks
08-16-2009, 03:31 PM
alright, FOOLS!

since im gonna lose to asaru this month, i need a buffer win to offset it. who wants to lose to me?

REQUIREMENTS
medium: any

topic: you choose, as long as it is fun

deadline: one week from now.

Bring: IT

MrBojangles
08-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Cool, I voted for your Avengers piece. I'm a one day deadline kind of guy though, if that works for you let me know.

NickRocks
08-16-2009, 03:52 PM
well im working pretty much all this coming week, thus why i chose a week deadline

MrBojangles
08-16-2009, 03:58 PM
That's cool, a week it is then. How about any character from the old school 90's Valiant. Magnus, Solar, Turok, Harbringer, Rai.

NickRocks
08-16-2009, 04:08 PM
oo sounds good to me

MrBojangles
08-18-2009, 05:09 AM
Okay, here's my piece. The scan didn't turn out to well, so this is the smallest I could make the image before my tiny thin lines started to disappear. My monitor is crap as well, it makes everything super high contrast so this may look worse than I think.

http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz289/miketiss/Magnus_3.jpg

MrBojangles
08-18-2009, 05:13 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I screwed up the costume again... son of a bitch. I need to use references.

Telekinetic Ketchup
08-18-2009, 06:18 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I screwed up the costume again... son of a bitch. I need to use references.

screwed up... OR put your own spin on it? huh? yeah.

DogSoldier
08-18-2009, 09:33 AM
All the draw-offs are confusing me now . You have to be a rank to enter ? I don't have a rank and can't really enter to much it seems .

what do i have to do ?

Hangman
08-18-2009, 09:41 AM
its only by rank if you join the Pummel championship league.Bovey started the league a few months back and its a lot of fun. if u want to join Pummel u have to submit a piece of ur work so u can be judged by ur fellow PJers to be of lightweight,middleweight or heavyweight rank.If u dont want to be part of the league u can still start or participate in non-Pummel draw-offs.

DogSoldier
08-18-2009, 09:45 AM
Ok thanks Hangman . I don't know if i should join the pummel cause im pretty busy with the day job through the week that I might miss alot of draw-offs and look like an idiot .

sorry for the hi-jack Nickguy

spidey976
08-18-2009, 09:47 AM
All the draw-offs are confusing me now . You have to be a rank to enter ? I don't have a rank and can't really enter to much it seems .

what do i have to do ?

That or you can be a "sparring partner" he way brockenhill is. It would count to someones win loss record if they are in PUMMEL, but it wouldn't affect you at all. If you are interested in PUMMEL you would have one match per month minimum, with streetfights for your win lose record. Also, if you want to join PUMMEL all you have to do is post a piece up in the Proving Ground and people will rank you. THis is a similar thread http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96012 . I admit the traditional DOs have REALLY dropped off since PUMMEL started, but guys are just REALLY throwing themselves into their matches.

DogSoldier
08-18-2009, 09:52 AM
Ok cool thanks for the info . I could do the sparring partner thing maybe , i'll have to look into how it works . I just don't want someone to challenge me to a draw-off/streetfight and I have no time to do it or half ass it .

thanks again .

thordad
08-18-2009, 11:19 AM
Easy enough Dog Soldier . When you are available for a sparring match post a challenge , that way its done with in the time constraints you have.

dfbovey
08-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Yeah, street fights can be pretty flexible because you make the rules.

It's the monthly scheduled ranked matches that have set deadlines. You have 3 weeks deadline for those. But, if you go the sparring partner route, you aren't obligated to participate in those.

NickRocks
08-18-2009, 12:29 PM

damn, youre early! im just starting rough layouts lol.

MrBojangles
08-18-2009, 03:24 PM
damn, youre early! im just starting rough layouts lol.

Yea, sorry buddy. I like to get it done as fast as possible and move onto something else. The longer I have to do get it done the less I seem to care about doing it.

NickRocks
08-19-2009, 01:15 PM
hahah i totally got you dude. heres mine early...is it cool if i go ahead and make the voting thread or would you want to wait and tinker with yours more?

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l48/NickGuy_2006/turok.jpg

MrBojangles
08-19-2009, 02:37 PM
Nice work man. I'm good with mine. I can go ahead and post the poll.