PDA

View Full Version : looking for my first pummel

Bozzilla
07-29-2009, 08:55 AM
alright, so I'm a middleweight.
now who wants to pummel me in a street fight?

topic: what about electra?

thordad
07-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Ahhh heck Ill dance with you :) Electra ( im a sucker for her )

ok is it open medium or specific and whats the deadline ?

Bozzilla
07-29-2009, 01:43 PM
it's my first time drawing her, so don't worry ;)
open medium and you can choose the deadline..

thordad
07-29-2009, 01:58 PM
awesome , ok deadline one week from today so next wed by midnight .... ( this is actually my second electra challenge , I all ready have something kick ass in mind )

Good luck see you in a week my friend :)

Telekinetic Ketchup
07-29-2009, 02:09 PM
man I don't get these week drawoffs does anyone really take a week to draw a picture? or is it so that you can procrastinate for a while before you have to start? cause for me that would be the reason for a 1 week drawoff either that or having other drawoffs to worik with.

spidey976
07-29-2009, 02:33 PM
man I don't get these week drawoffs does anyone really take a week to draw a picture? or is it so that you can procrastinate for a while before you have to start? cause for me that would be the reason for a 1 week drawoff either that or having other drawoffs to worik with.

Well ... some of us have responsibilities that require a lot of attention ... kids (I personally have two) ... jobs ... and the like. Honestly, if I had the time to draw that I did when I was your age, by skills would be progressing a lot faster, and I could produce work in a shorter period of time. As for how long it takes for YOU to do a piece ... well that is your choice ... but I would suggest that you take a little more time with your pieces. I still have only seen ONE piece from you that I thought really showed your full potential (your Thor piece). But then again ... your deadlines are your perogative ... as are thordad's and latino's.

thordad
07-29-2009, 03:23 PM
I think TK was just rattling some chains , he himself has told me before to take more time and produce more finished material for these draw offs ...
I chose a week deadline as its LMs first street fight , I do still like the 1 or 2 day deadlines and even the 1 hour speed drawoffs and will do some in the future Im sure .

slam
07-29-2009, 03:28 PM
to be honest I think a week is great. you need to get together some ideas, then draw thumbnails for compositions, then draw your first draught, put it up in the WIP, and then finalize after crts.
Euhm... well that's what we should do! Reality is that usually it's all just left untill the last minute :D

Archerion
07-29-2009, 04:15 PM

You set ours up as a week long.

Popninja
07-29-2009, 04:21 PM
I think TK was just rattling some chains...

He's a teenager and he doesn't have the responsibilities that a lot of the other people here have. When I was his age, all I did was draw, from sun up to sundown, especially during the summer. That's why he signs up for a dozen draw offs at a time.

Hey TK, -----> ;)

Personally, a week is perfect, because when you actually break it down to the time each day I will actually have to work on a draw off piece, it comes out to less than 8 hours. I'm lucky if I get two hours a day to work on a competition piece.

NickRocks
07-29-2009, 04:22 PM
i prefer the week long deadline...gives me timeto play with thumbnails for 2-3 days