PDA

View Full Version : +++ UPDATE +++ P.U.M.M.E.L. Ranked Matches: August - Lightweights

spidey976
07-27-2009, 10:39 PM
UPDATED: Updates are in RED

Here are the matches and rankings for August:

1 Spidey976
2 Anubus2kx

3 JCImmortal
4 CaptainAllThat

5 Finfito
6- The Breeze

7 - Selkirk
8 - Hangman

9 StrayTangent
10 Sadman2000

11 Blamito
12 Cabbage300

13 ArmstrongArts
14 Humblerthanyou

15 TeleK
16 APHillard

17 Tragikdj911
18-Ryanarmstrong
19-steve11jr

20- eric_bliz
21 - iwannabiscuit

NO SHOWS
3 Thrashart
22-gio81

Dropouts
4- Makoi

High ranks, please PM your subject to your opponent. Entries are due August 22nd before 11:59PM Eastern standard time (US). Please coordinate the posting of the poll with your opponents via PM.

I have voluntered to help organize the lightweights for Dave. That way he has a little more time on his hand for his own projects, and he doesn't have to do all he heavy lifting alone. With that being said I have to give a BIG thanks to ArmStrongArts who went through the threads to basically get this organized for tonight otherwise it would have been tomorrow. My two year old had his birthday today ... so thanks BIG TIME.

Please let me know if you find anything that doesn't track.

Also Steve and GIO you have to create your spreadsheets otherwise we will have NO really practical way of tracking your records

spidey976
07-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Also, there is a new rule starting this month. No shows will be dropped 4 spots in rank.

dfbovey
07-27-2009, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the help Shawn and ArmstrongArts!

spidey976
07-27-2009, 10:46 PM
You are welcome.

ArmstrongArts
07-27-2009, 10:47 PM
congrats on the baby birthday Shawn.

spidey976
07-28-2009, 12:16 AM
Thanks again Armstrong ... for both the best wisshes and for all of your work ... honestly dude ... you have been a work horse on this. Hell just double checking it took me about an hour or so ... I made a few select changes do to the win percentages dictating that certain individuals had to move around a bit.

Telekinetic Ketchup
07-28-2009, 12:40 AM
sent a message to AP.

steve11jr
07-28-2009, 12:52 AM
Also Steve and GIO you have to create your spreadsheets otherwise we will have NO really practical way of tracking your records

Just made my spreadsheet

spidey976
07-28-2009, 07:52 AM
Two Possible topics sent to Anubis.

Okay guys ... I am going to be PMing all of the NoShows (at least the ones we haven't already heard from) from July's ranked matches later on today. If I don't hear back from them or if they don't respond to you guys before Thursday by either a) providing a topic, or b) acknowledging your topic let me know. I am not going to have people sitting around doing nothing, so I will talk to Dave about possible solutions if this becomes an issue this month.

Now, I have to say it is time to kick this division in the tail and REALLY prove that we can compete not only with each other, but with the other classes as well. Right now there is a lot of talk about people wanting to get out of this class, and I understand the urge to want to jump a class. However, there is a heck of a lot of talent in this class, and right now it is strung out across the ENTIRE division so we should see some excellent matches, and I know I am looking forward to seeing everyone in this division grow and better themselves.

steve11jr
07-28-2009, 09:51 AM
Topic sent to gio

Tragikdj911
07-28-2009, 10:33 AM
sent topic to ryanarmstrong, this is gonna be fun!

blamito
07-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Topic sent. :)

Telekinetic Ketchup
07-28-2009, 01:09 PM
topic agreed on.

spidey976
07-28-2009, 01:18 PM
Topic sent and agreed on. The championships mach is going to be on like Donkey Kong. Actually I am thinking of getting started sooner rather then later ... like tonight and tomorrow. I totally respect Anubis is an amazing comptetor ... and he is going to push it up a notch ... so I have to too.

cabbage300
07-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Topic recieved and agreed apon!

spidey976
07-28-2009, 04:40 PM
UPDATE: the following change was made to TWO matches as a result of a no show not posting his opponents piece. thEbrEZZe was unfairly ranked ... and I have fixed the issue as quickly as I could.

7 Finfito
8- The Breeze

9 - Selkirk
10 - Hangman

ArmstrongArts
07-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Opps sorry The Breeze. Looks like I messed up my flow chart. That is why I posted (twice) for ppl to tell me if they saw anything wrong. I couldn't tell, last round was so ....tough, I had to go back and piece things together from posts on several different threads. So I guess we really had 13 ppl that showed, that is even better.

Yep I see where I messed up, once again Sorry Breeze.

spidey976
07-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Well we have our firs withdrawl. Makoi has had to pull out this round due to life commitments (new house and the like ... congrats by the way).

So I am going to do one of two things

a) CaptainAllThat gets a by through to the next round with a win because Makoi dropped out.

OR

b) I am going to make the ThrashArt, JCImmortal match into a three way match with CaptainAllThat.

I am really inclined to do the second seeing that Thrash hasn't been around for a bit, and this would ensure that both Captain and JC get a match out of this.

Let me know what you guys think ... but if JC hasn't heard from Thrash my Thursday Morning, I will be collapsing the two matches into one.

alfred183
07-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Make it a three way. It sucks to not participate with this much time left.

I know I'm not a lightweight but I'm really invested in this league competition :)

spidey976
07-28-2009, 09:31 PM
Make it a three way. It sucks to not participate with this much time left.

I know I'm not a lightweight but I'm really invested in this league competition :)

Well it is my first choice that is for sure. CaptainAllThat would have a right to object, but having gone one on one with him, I can't see him making that decision.

ArmstrongArts
07-28-2009, 11:28 PM
I vote three way.

Selkirk
07-29-2009, 12:41 PM
just sent hangman a topic.:pj:

ArmstrongArts
07-29-2009, 01:32 PM
I think maybe we should vote on the three way issue for the future. I think most of us would rather be in a three way than sit on the sidelines, provided if is this early in the round. What do you guys think? I guess the other side of the issue is, if you are one of the 2 in the match that is going would you be ok with someone else jumping in? I for one would look forward to the challenge either way. I think the person that is the lone guy should get bumped to the next highest pummel fight, if his partner pulls out in ...like the first 4 days or something. Except for the champion match of course.

spidey976
07-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Hey guys I hope all is well, but I needed to make you a quick update.

I have highlighted the matches that have had topics sent in the initial post here.

The following individuals have not sent a topic as far as I can see.

finfito ; ThrashArt ; StrayTanGenT ; ArmstrongArts

Please send your topics to your opponents by tonight or tomorrow morning, lets say Noon Eastern Time July 30th. If you do not I will give your opponent the opportunity to set the topic for your drawoff.

humblerthanyou
07-29-2009, 04:52 PM
Armstrong sent it to me an hour or so after this thread opened.

spidey976
07-29-2009, 04:55 PM
cool ... just needed to know ... had thought it as just an oversite. Armstrong has been like a right hand on this round ... he basically dide ALL of the heavy lifting on this round. I am hopig that I can count on him in the future.

The original post has been edited.

ArmstrongArts
07-29-2009, 07:01 PM
you certainly can, thanks Humbler. I have been trying to decide who to do for our spiffy topic. ;) it is gonna be super sexy. six pack abs gallour.

StrayTanGenT
07-29-2009, 07:03 PM
Sent topic.

ryanarmstrong
07-29-2009, 07:05 PM
like tragik said were set its gonna be cool

steve11jr
07-29-2009, 11:54 PM
I sent a PM to gio81 a couple of days ago, but he hasn't responded back. Actually, he hasn't been on PJ since the 25th, which was the the day he registered and posted his weigh-in pic. I don't know if he's jus been busy or maybe this was something he wanted to do but changed his mind about. What should I do???

spidey976
07-30-2009, 07:57 AM
well I will collapse you up into a three way match if you don't hear anything from gio81 before say Friday.

Okay about 4 hours until the lower seeds get to choose the topic for the DO.

IF anyone else is in steve11jr is in let me know SOONER rather then later.

steve11jr
07-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Sounds good. I'll let you know if I hear from him

Anubis2kx
07-30-2009, 03:29 PM
How's it coming along Spidey?? I got a decent part of mine done today...I'll probably tackle some more later today and tomorrow.

spidey976
07-30-2009, 04:59 PM
DAMN YOU ... like 23 days to the deadline and you are almost DONE???

Kidding ... I have a good start going myself ... the two prim figures have their line work done. I have three more roughs to transfer onto the final board.

spidey976
07-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Okay ... to the low seeds who haven't heard about a topic ... PICK ONE and get to drawing. Just make sure to note it in this thread and send it to your opponent

thEbrEEze
07-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Hey I sent Finfito a pm and he's not responding...He's supposed to pick a topic but I guess I'm gonna have to now.

spidey976
07-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Hey I sent Finfito a pm and he's not responding...He's supposed to pick a topic but I guess I'm gonna have to now.

Yeah ... Let me know if you don't hear form Fin by Friday Nigh and I will see what I can do.

Captain All That
07-30-2009, 11:18 PM
I just replied to Spidey976... I'll be fighting JCImmortal. JC... send me a topic.

Question? Since Selkirk never answered emails and such... is that considered a win for me or a no contest. I'm good either way.

I think No-shows should be put out on the streets, not dropped in rank. There are people who aren't ranked that want in on the action.

spidey976
07-31-2009, 01:07 AM
Way to stand up Captain ... I know that technically you should have had a by this round (which would have counted as a win), but I am really glad that you decided to compete this round. JC didn't get a match either last round so I know he is itching for an actual match.

As for last months ranked match, it counted as a win for you. You were tied in rank with Makoi (but he had a better win percentage then you) so instead of appearing as the 5th ranked artist you were in the 6th slot. However, with accepting this match you just moved yourself into a position to get a shot at the championship next month ... ;). So knock it out of the park already ... :D.

steve11jr
07-31-2009, 10:46 AM
I still haven't heard anything from Gio81 yet???

Anubis2kx
07-31-2009, 04:10 PM
DAMN YOU ... like 23 days to the deadline and you are almost DONE???

Oh no nooooo...definitely not close to done. I should've just worded it and said I got a good chunk done. Last time I felt like I shortchanged you cause I had alot of real life commitments going on at the time for the last one...but you're getting my full attention this time.:)

I don't think the heavyweights should have all the teaser fun...so this is a small snippet of mine:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2508/3776096426_1b19298373.jpg

spidey976
07-31-2009, 04:13 PM
nice teaser m8. loving this piece.

thEbrEEze
07-31-2009, 05:21 PM
Well spidey, still no word from Fin and it's Friday Afternoon here. whatcha wanna do?

spidey976
07-31-2009, 07:12 PM
I got a couple of ideas ... going to discuss them with dfbovey. Just give me a few hours. If you don't hear from me today ... I will be aiming for tomorrow afternoon ... early.

Edit: I talked to Dave and he thinks we should wait a couple more days since we started this round early. Just to make sure guys have enough time to respond since technically the round starts tomorrow. SO we haven't heard from our three no shows by Sunday evening at 8pm I will start making some more three ways.

JC Immortal
08-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Hey Spidey i sent Cap the topic and if u want u can throw Breeze in as a 3 way...thats cool with me

spidey976
08-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Thanks JC ... that will really help. I am waiting till 8pm and then I am going to make a call.

steve11jr
08-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Still no word from gio81.....damn I had a good topic idea too

Selkirk
08-02-2009, 09:36 PM
umm just quick q here...there are so many threads i cant find the due date for this august piece. and i did look prob just missed it. at any rate any info on this would be much appreciated.

ArmstrongArts
08-02-2009, 09:45 PM
22nd at 11:59 pm

spidey976
08-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Hey there guys ... SO here is the deal. As of right now we have 3 no shows and dropout. Makoi dropped out early do to other commitments ... and we haven't heard anything from ThrashArt, Finfinto, and gio81. So I have pulled those three guys from this round. They are all going to be getting loses for this round, and if I don't hear from them by next months round I will be pulling them out of the light weight division completely and moving some ranks around.

Now that meant the creation of a few three way matches.

4 JCImmortal
6 CaptainAllThat
8- The Breeze

19 Tragikdj911
20-Ryanarmstrong
21-steve11jr

Now I am sorry for any confusion guys ... and I have to admit that I am a little disappointed that we lost 3 matches right away, and I know that there should be some bys through to the next round. However, given that there were only 3 matches that made it to a Poll last month I am not inclined to lose more matches to bys. So ... JC could you please send your topic to The Breeze, and Tragikdj911 could you please send your topic to steve11jr.

Now, I am not inclined to make anymore changes after this point ... so anymore no shows will result in a by for their opponent and a drop of 4 ranks in the division.

Guys I am expecting to have a great round ... and I am hoping to have ALL 8 polls go about by the deadline. Please get your pieces in and read the following:

A few reminders

1) The deadline is August 22nd at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard time.

2) If you are NOT going to be available to post your piece up in a poll when the deadline comes ... make sure that your opponent is going to be around and PM them your entry. Also ...

3) In addition to PMing your pieces to your opponent you also need to post a piece here in the challenge thread if you have any doubt weather your opponent will get the poll up in time.

Alright guys ... let me know if there are any other difficulties.

Selkirk
08-02-2009, 10:10 PM
much thanks for the info spidey.

steve11jr
08-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Thanks Shawn for the help. I'm just glad I didn't end up with a buy for my first ranked match in Pummel

spidey976
08-02-2009, 11:25 PM
Selkirk ... you are welcome ... and just remember that date ... no missing the deadlines

steve11jr> I HATE buys ... I got the championship out of a buy ... though I am sure I could have taken Thrash ... ;). Also, it sucks for the person who wanted to really compete. This is fun ... but the competetive nature makes it exciting. Also ... if you get a buy you have to basically wait two months till you ever see your stuff up in a poll.

ArmstrongArts
08-03-2009, 12:14 AM
It's "Bye" like in football.

spidey976
08-03-2009, 12:40 AM
lol ... I KNEW I must be getting it wrong ... damnit ... thanks Armstrong.

ArmstrongArts
08-03-2009, 12:47 AM
I am so anal retentive

Tragikdj911
08-03-2009, 01:22 AM
I sent the topic to steve11jr. So our 3 way should be all set.

finfito
08-03-2009, 10:29 AM
just wanted to apologize to the whole division for being yet another no-show. will keep up with PUMMEL updates and be on time for next month. again, sorry guys.

spidey976
08-03-2009, 01:47 PM
just wanted to apologize to the whole division for being yet another no-show. will keep up with PUMMEL updates and be on time for next month. again, sorry guys.

Are you able to compete this month ... I could do some rearranging ... but I need to know TODAY. Did you get any of my PMs???

Shawn

finfito
08-03-2009, 02:03 PM
I only got one pm that I misunderstood. plus, was on an airplane all day friday when my absenteeism was being discussed. um... I'm able to compete as long as rearranging the matchups again isn't going to piss everyone off... if for instance I could just get tacked on to a preexisting match for a three-way or something.

thanks, I definitely would like to compete if possible, just been busy and not reading the updates like I should.

spidey976
08-03-2009, 02:27 PM
I only got one pm that I misunderstood. plus, was on an airplane all day friday when my absenteeism was being discussed. um... I'm able to compete as long as rearranging the matchups again isn't going to piss everyone off... if for instance I could just get tacked on to a preexisting match for a three-way or something.

thanks, I definitely would like to compete if possible, just been busy and not reading the updates like I should.

Well right now I am leaving things as they are ... BUT I have sent a message out to Breeze to see what he wants to do. If he decides to make turn this back into a one on one then he will get the choice of topics.
If not then things will stay as they are ... BUT I will talk to df about you being a floater fighter for the month and should any new weigh ins come in ... or should another no show make their presence known then you will have a run at them. We will have to decide on what is happening to your record at a later date.

spidey976
08-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Okay I just got a message from Breeze saying he is up for a one on one with you fin ... so expect a message from him ... PLEASE DO NOT no show on this one man.

sadman2000
08-03-2009, 05:29 PM
I'm working pretty hard on a bunch of stuff right now, I will get this done, but I will ONLY post the piece here because I have next to NO TIME these days. I'm going to need to know who will set the poll in my match soon as I'm going to move out of my parent's place soon and will need to clear time and prepare a few things for my new life on my own (Internet, Scanner and actually purchasing a computer). Let me know what I need to do! :)

spidey976
08-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Put your piece up here ... and Stray. That or in a pinch if Stray puts his piece here as well I will put the poll up.

thEbrEEze
08-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Hey I got a hold of Fin, and our match is all good shawn.

spidey976
08-03-2009, 06:31 PM
good ... glad to hear it ... the matches have been updated

finfito
08-03-2009, 08:06 PM
topic received from the breeze

thanks for letting me back in, appreciate it!

spidey976
08-03-2009, 08:33 PM
no problem ... we will get the kinks ironed out about WHEN the rankings will be up and WHEN topics are to be posted. I am glad to have an ENTIRE match back up and running

spidey976
08-09-2009, 02:28 PM
UPDATE: Okay guys ... I gotta welcome our two newest lightweights ... eric_bliz, and iwannabiscuit. Both of these guys have decided to join us for the August rounds and will be competeing against each other. So I hope to see some great work.

P.S. sorry this took a couple of days guys ... was away.

steve11jr
08-10-2009, 11:48 AM
there aren't any media restrictions in ranked matches right?

ArmstrongArts
08-10-2009, 11:58 AM
No restrictions

spidey976
08-11-2009, 09:10 PM
No restrictions. Hell anubis would kill me if I said no digital colours

spidey976
08-16-2009, 01:53 PM
okay guys here is a quick bump and a reminder that your pieces are due this coming Saturday night at 11:59 PM.

No extensions will be given with out some proof that your pic is done. For example if your scanner is on the blink ... take a pic and put it up ... you can replace the pic with a good scan later. But we need proof you were done.

Also, remember if there is ANY doubt what so ever that you will be around that evening/day to put up the poll you MUST post your pic up here in the challenge thread.

Okay ... it has been a week ... back to the drawing board for me.

k0b13
08-16-2009, 02:33 PM
Hey, I am a lightweight too. How do I get into this tourny?
http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96012

spidey976
08-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Alrighty ... SO first you have been ranked ... so that is out of the way.

Secondly you will need to go to this link and set up your card and your spread sheets..http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93194 ... your card is simple ... just look at the examples, and your spread sheet will be quick.

Thirdly, Send me a reminder closer to the end of the month and I will add you to the RANKED matches for next month, Sept. You will start at the bottom of the ranks with ANY other new lightweights that were ranked this month. Check back neat the end of the month to make sure I have included you and to see if YOU have to decide a topic for your Sept one on one.

Fourth ... READ THESE RULES ... http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93931. They will help you with any questions you might have.

Fifth ... you can start street fights at ANY time. However if you want them to count towards your overall ranking for next month MAKE sure that you make the polls done by the 26th, and update your spread sheet ASAP.

okay ... Armstrong am I forgetting anything???

k0b13
08-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Thanks spidey976. It's all setup. The last post (in the thread you mentioned) is by me.
Ok so next month. I will remind you.

C William Russette
08-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Hated having to back out of this thing but life has a will of its own.

I am back now. Got some matches I owe people if my shoddy memory serves.

spidey976
08-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Hated having to back out of this thing but life has a will of its own.

I am back now. Got some matches I owe people if my shoddy memory serves.

Well we have some new lightweights ... and I think they will be up for some streetfights. I will talk to Dave as to your standing in the league a little later (aka rank).

C William Russette
08-16-2009, 09:48 PM
thoughht no shows dropped 4 ranks?

spidey976
08-18-2009, 11:54 AM
thoughht no shows dropped 4 ranks?

yeah ... I got it confirmed with Dave. So next month you will be down about 6 spots from where you were. Give or take a bit.

ArmstrongArts
08-18-2009, 12:11 PM
No shows loose for rank points but if that makes you tied the tie break comes into it.

But ppl that have backed out completely have been told if they came back they would start back at the bottom. Not sure if that is the case here but that is how it was.

spidey976
08-18-2009, 12:14 PM
No shows loose for rank points but if that makes you tied the tie break comes into it.

But ppl that have backed out completely have been told if they came back they would start back at the bottom. Not sure if that is the case here but that is how it was.

Since CW pulled out for JUST the month of August and he dropped 2 ranks for missing July. That is a total of 6. CW is being grandfathered a bit with the new rule. However, if he was to miss the Sept match then he would drop to the bottom of the ranks.

ArmstrongArts
08-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Oh ok that works, I'll put him back in my spread sheet. What rank was he?

spidey976
08-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Well he was at 12, and that would put him down at 18, but his win loss record will do against the number 18 we get from THIS round ... lol. This is going to get a bit confusing ... lol. Though I NOW have access to the main spread sheet.

ArmstrongArts
08-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Ok so before July matches he was 12th and he went down 2 for his loss in July then 4 more this month? Oh i got it that is how you got the minus 6. never mind

9 Hangman
10 Finfito

11 tHebrEEze
12 C. William Russette

13 blamito
14 StrayTangent

15 sadman2000
16 humblerthanyou

ArmstrongArts
08-18-2009, 12:23 PM
SO he needs to get back in there and do some street fightin to get some wins.

C William Russette
08-18-2009, 06:25 PM
So just so my addled brain gets this right could someone just TELL me what I should put on my spread and stat sheets?

Once that is set I can get rocking an rolling in the streets!

EDIT
Okay so I changed the ranking to 18th and added a loss. That cover everything?

ArmstrongArts
08-18-2009, 07:34 PM
ya that should do it, your rank doesn't really mater until after the 22nd. I look forward to pummelling with ya.

Hey Shawn, you have Makoi at 4 but he is really 5, not sure it matters since he dropped but since this came up i thought i would mention it.

spidey976
08-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Yeah ... we will look at it when the ranks are an issue again. Right now CW Add 2 loses to your spread sheet

C William Russette
08-18-2009, 08:29 PM
2 on top of the one I already added?

spidey976
08-18-2009, 08:30 PM
One for July ... and hmmmmm ... nope you are right ... you shouldn't need to add one for August since you pulled out BEFORE the round started.

Telekinetic Ketchup
08-18-2009, 11:08 PM
yeah I can't make it I've gotta move into my new dorm and get fixed in at school and shit. Not even sure I'll have internet there yet. so yeah no pummel for me sorry AP.

spidey976
08-19-2009, 05:00 AM
yeah I can't make it I've gotta move into my new dorm and get fixed in at school and shit. Not even sure I'll have internet there yet. so yeah no pummel for me sorry AP.

Seriously TK ... 21 days in and you've got NOTHING you could put up? Not even a WIP?

Telekinetic Ketchup
08-19-2009, 07:59 AM
nope nothing, I'm having quite the slump aswell. I got nothing.

dfbovey
08-19-2009, 09:13 AM
At this point, I'm debating whether or not you'll have the option to return. With all the drama you've pulled, leaving people hanging the way you have on multiple occassions... I think it's time for you to move on. If you participate at all, it will be as a sparring partner. You aren't trust worthy.

Telekinetic Ketchup
08-19-2009, 09:47 AM
cry me a river rocker man.

dfbovey
08-19-2009, 09:50 AM
Well, that seals it then.

spidey976
08-19-2009, 09:52 AM
Dude ... you are out for now, and in the end what dfbovey says goes. Also, he isn't wrong this not the first time you have left an opponent high and dry at the last minute. AP deserves better and you know it.

Telekinetic Ketchup
08-19-2009, 09:56 AM
I appologize to APhillard and I even sent him a message, you 2 however well I plain don't like you.

and I'm sure the feelings mutual because otherwise you wouldn't have made such a fuss about it.

dfbovey
08-19-2009, 10:04 AM
I think you don't appreciate the effort it takes to put something like this together or understand how annoying it is as an opponent, to work on a piece and then have someone back out. I'm not making a fuss out of it. I'm getting rid of a cancer that we don't need. You make things more difficult to manage than they need to be.

And of course, in true form, you don't take the blame in it and want to blame it on a perceived dislike of you. You never take any accountability for anything you do. Excuses at every turn.

If someone else pulled the same things you have done, they would have gotten the same treatment. Period.

spidey976
08-19-2009, 10:06 AM
I appologize to APhillard and I even sent him a message, you 2 however well I plain don't like you.

and I'm sure the feelings mutual because otherwise you wouldn't have made such a fuss about it.

Wow you are your own worst enemy. A) As I said AP deserves better B) this is an established pattern with you, so why should we let you screw someone else over one another occasion C) running this takes a lot of work, and when you do this it messes things up D) I think you handle things badly and THAT is what I don't like about you.

Well you are out now so you are no longer my problem.

spidey976
08-19-2009, 10:08 AM
I think you don't appreciate the effort it takes to put something like this together or understand how annoying it is as an opponent, to work on a piece and then have someone back out. I'm not making a fuss out of it. I'm getting rid of a cancer that we don't need. You make things more difficult to manage than they need to be.

And of course, in true form, you don't take the blame in it and want to blame it on a perceived dislike of you. You never take any accountability for anything you do. Excuses at every turn.

If someone else pulled the same things you have done, they would have gotten the same treatment. Period.

Oh and what he said

Telekinetic Ketchup
08-19-2009, 10:09 AM
oh screw you guy. I just told you I take responsibility to him as for you, you're an ass. your an elitist ass. And I appreciate what you've done but not to the extent that I'm willing to bow at your feet. And I do understand what its like to be stood up by an opponent, you'd think with the amount of challenges I've taken I've been stood up wouldn't you cause I have. Point is I take blame for it as far as Aphillard goes or even cabbage, my point would be that I'm not the ONLY one who's ever stood someone up 2s in a pummel, yet I'm getting the warnings and kicked out. That's personal sir and if you can't admit that then I don't give a shit. But now I'm done with this crap and your bullshit. Its fine you made pummel you manage pummel its hard work I appreciate it but your still a complete and utter douche.

dfbovey
08-19-2009, 10:11 AM
And you were warned about insulting other members, told you you'd be taking a break if you did it again. That's 90 days off for you. You don't get it.

dfbovey
08-19-2009, 10:17 AM
And just to address something. I don't expect anyone to bow at my feet. But I won't sit here and allow people who show no respect for the competition or their opponents to continue to participate in something I put together. It's supposed to be fun, but dealing with your antics isn't fun for me, and it's not fun for other participants. You should have stayed out when you backed out in the first place. You've been given several chances and you continue to blow it.

That's all I have to say.

Beastie
08-19-2009, 10:37 AM
I don't expect anyone to bow at my feet.

But you told me that if I DIDN'T bow at your feet - you'd ban me from the whole interwebs for ever and ever?

Did you lie to me, Dave?

Well, I'm taking down the Bovey shrine in the corner of my room.

I feel violated.

spidey976
08-19-2009, 10:41 AM
oh screw you guy. I just told you I take responsibility to him as for you, you're an ass. your an elitist ass. And I appreciate what you've done but not to the extent that I'm willing to bow at your feet. And I do understand what its like to be stood up by an opponent, you'd think with the amount of challenges I've taken I've been stood up wouldn't you cause I have. Point is I take blame for it as far as Aphillard goes or even cabbage, my point would be that I'm not the ONLY one who's ever stood someone up 2s in a pummel, yet I'm getting the warnings and kicked out. That's personal sir and if you can't admit that then I don't give a shit. But now I'm done with this crap and your bullshit. Its fine you made pummel you manage pummel its hard work I appreciate it but your still a complete and utter douche.

You know you are just one of those guys who needs to piss in the wind, despite the fact that you get covered in your own pee. Also, there is only one person being an ass here right now and it ain't us.

Enjoy college and see you in 3 months

spidey976
08-19-2009, 02:34 PM
So k0b13 has stepped up to take on AP Hilliard with a short deadline of 4 days for this round. Now this won't be a ranked match it will be a streetfight, BUT at least AP's work won't be for nothing.

I am throwing k0b13 some positive rep, I hope some of you guys join me since he JUST saved a matchup for us.

P.S. How is it going out there guys. I REALLY hope that we have NO more dropouts.

P.S.S. Anubis ... I haven't heard much from you lately ...which has me oddly nervous ... lol.

spidey976
08-19-2009, 03:14 PM
my point would be that I'm not the ONLY one who's ever stood someone up 2s in a pummel, yet I'm getting the warnings and kicked out

Since I am running the lightweights I have decided to adress this comment from TK. it has been bugging me. The easiest way I have to do that is to reference the noshow rule that came up as a result of the MASSIVE number of noshows that happened in July.

New added rules starting in August:

If you no show for a ranked match, you will drop 4 spots in rank. No show twice in a row and you will fall to the bottom of the division, and will have to complete a streetfight to show good faith.

followed by this post by Dave concerning TKs late pull out.

At this point, I'm debating whether or not you'll have the option to return. With all the drama you've pulled, leaving people hanging the way you have on multiple occassions... I think it's time for you to move on. If you participate at all, it will be as a sparring partner. You aren't trust worthy.

Before TK lost it he was simply going to be moved to the bottom of the division like everyone else who no shows two times in a row WILL be. Pulling out prior to the start of a round is NOT a noshow by the way. Dave and I were discussing what should happen in PM when TK decided to make this personal.
Was he right to say that guys have stood other people up during PUMMEL and that some people of done it MORE then once. Yeah, I believe he was. However, he is the FIRST to do it in two consecutive RANKED matches, and thus the new rule applies. Ranked matches take a heck of a lot of time to set up, a huge time commitment on the part of the artists themselves, and they are just LESS flexible and more important then streetfights. I am sorry TK couldn't see that, and decided to blow his stack.

If anyone has any questions or concerns please feel free to PM me.

sadman2000
08-19-2009, 07:58 PM
So k0b13 has stepped up to take on AP Hilliard with a short deadline of 4 days for this round. Now this won't be a ranked match it will be a streetfight, BUT at least AP's work won't be for nothing.

I am throwing k0b13 some positive rep, I hope some of you guys join me since he JUST saved a matchup for us.

P.S. How is it going out there guys. I REALLY hope that we have NO more dropouts.

P.S.S. Anubis ... I haven't heard much from you lately ...which has me oddly nervous ... lol.

I'm almost done (YAY!!!). I hope to have it done by tomorrow night.

Anubis2kx
08-19-2009, 08:06 PM

Haha...I wish. There's parts of mine that I like, and parts that I don't like. I'm pretty much finished with it, I think I'm gonna sit on it for a day and see how I like it afterwards...but Spidey if you're done soon before the due date, I have no problems posting the poll early.

spidey976
08-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Haha...I wish. There's parts of mine that I like, and parts that I don't like. I'm pretty much finished with it, I think I'm gonna sit on it for a day and see how I like it afterwards...but Spidey if you're done soon before the due date, I have no problems posting the poll early.

yeah ... maybe by Friday night ... we will see. I lost a bunch of today

sadman2000
08-20-2009, 01:11 PM
yeah ... maybe by Friday night ... we will see. I lost a bunch of today

Heh, you don't know the half of it. I lost power all evening and night yesterday. Couldn't see a thing.

finfito
08-20-2009, 01:28 PM
finished piece sent to theBreeze

spidey976
08-20-2009, 01:34 PM
finished piece sent to theBreeze

Okay ... if you don't see a poll up by say 8 pm on Saturday ... post your piece up HERE in the challenge thread.

finfito
08-20-2009, 01:45 PM
ok well the thing is I'm going to be in some mountains on saturday... should I post a link here just in case, or pm someone else than breeze? (again just in case)

spidey976
08-20-2009, 02:45 PM
ok well the thing is I'm going to be in some mountains on saturday... should I post a link here just in case, or pm someone else than breeze? (again just in case)

Post it here then just to make sure, the PM thing did not work well last time.

spidey976
08-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Heh, you don't know the half of it. I lost power all evening and night yesterday. Couldn't see a thing.

Well I make things to hard for myself. Next time I get to pick a topic I choose 2 stick figures fighting with sticks in a snowy field LOL.

thEbrEEze
08-20-2009, 04:22 PM
I got fin's. Mine's done too, poll will be up by deadline. No worries.

finfito
08-20-2009, 04:29 PM
thanks breeze

spidey976
08-20-2009, 04:33 PM
I got fin's. Mine's done too, poll will be up by deadline. No worries.

You can throw up the poll now ... just to make sure.

thEbrEEze
08-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Just some last minute tweaks. I'll post it tomorrow.

spidey976
08-20-2009, 07:50 PM
okay ... you will still be early ... lol. Just remember to check the rules on posting the polls.

spidey976
08-21-2009, 10:34 PM
JUST over 24 hrs guys. You can start posting the polls whenever you are ready.

REMEMBER

For whatever reason. If you are running behind on gettting the scan of your pic done (Your scanner flips out, your kid spills coke on it, your wife/husband decides to scan their butt and send it to their boss) take a picture of your piece and put it up here. As LONG as you don't add ANYTHING to the piece after you took the picture you will NOT be considered in forfeit. If you are having trouble putting up the POLL and the deadline is coming up ... PUT THE PIC UP HERE FIRST.

I want to see ALL of the polls up by 11:59 tomorrow night guys. Last month WE only got 3 out of 10 polls up, I want to see ALL 10 this time guys. Lets prove to EVERYONE that the lightweights can compete.

Selkirk
08-21-2009, 11:24 PM
sending my pic to hangman as we speak...

spidey976
08-21-2009, 11:46 PM
sending my pic to hangman as we speak...

Okay ... if you don't see your poll up before you hit the hay tomorrow or before 11:55PM Eastern time. Put your piece up here so we know you finished.

spidey976
08-22-2009, 03:34 AM
Okay ... So I may be away LATE tomorrow night so I decided that it would be wise to follow my own advice.

Here is a link to my piece in my sketch blog ... it is a CRAPPY photo ... but it is of my finished piece ... there may be a few changes ... but only if I can get them done WELL ahead of the deadline.

CHAMPS PIC AT BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80062&page=36

Anubis ... DON'T look you will go blind ... lol. But lets just say THIS IS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG. Dude I am stoked to see what you have done.

P.S. I will be away for the majority of the day today. I SHOULD be back by about 10PM or so. If you have any questions please ask Armstrong OR dfbovey. Dave (dfbovey) is the final authority on everything PUMMEL, but is very busy so a)Read the Pummel announcements and Rules before you bug him, b) bug Armstrong c) then bug Dave

ArmstrongArts
08-22-2009, 11:36 AM
hey guys, My power was shut off...we own the electric company 4000 and my mom was diagnosed with breaqst cancer. So i have been driving her from doctors appt to doctors app, drawing my piece in the car at stop lights. which actually works out better then drawing at home since the house is 110 in the day and 90 at night and dark. I am at kinkos now trying to finish it up and figuring out how to post it. If I can I'll just post it here. I hope that makes sence since i have had 8 hours sleep since tuesday.

Selkirk
08-22-2009, 12:01 PM
got to head off for work...unsure if i will be able to post mine later(beers may call). so im going to post my pic now...havent heard from hangman yet. http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt360/Selkirk/gl6.jpg notes-subject was green lantern corps...at least five members.

ArmstrongArts
08-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Well this is the best I could do given the issues I have had. :( I am goona put it here since I won't be able to post it on the challenge.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l241/aethercracker/00000002-1.jpg

Hanzou
08-22-2009, 03:14 PM
Interesting that the lightweight category has been getting the majority of views...

You guys are a popular bunch. ;)

Solace
08-22-2009, 03:58 PM
They put out more. The other ranks are holding out on us. ;_;

sadman2000
08-22-2009, 04:11 PM
StrayTanGenT sent me a PM telling me his won't be up until 3 AM EST time. Did he send anybody any proof his was done?

Captain All That
08-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Uhm... I actually finished early for once. Here's my pic...

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc340/Captainallthat/Spawn6.jpg

cabbage300
08-22-2009, 05:09 PM
I've sent my piece to Blamito

Inkthinker
08-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Mine's going to be right under the wire, assuming I've got until midnight my time.

blamito
08-22-2009, 05:59 PM
I've sent my piece to Blamito

I'm putting up the poll now.

alfred183
08-22-2009, 05:59 PM
It's Midnight EST so I think you're good. I don't think you're a lightweight, though, Ben. :P

Inkthinker
08-22-2009, 06:15 PM
No, I'm up against ScottEwen, I've just been slammed up to the deadline.

StrayTanGenT
08-22-2009, 06:27 PM
StrayTanGenT sent me a PM telling me his won't be up until 3 AM EST time. Did he send anybody any proof his was done?

I'm at work right now on my lunch break. I was supposed to have off today and finish up the piece. Again my bad man. :x

spidey976
08-22-2009, 10:38 PM
I'm at work right now on my lunch break. I was supposed to have off today and finish up the piece. Again my bad man. :x

Well ... a PM would have been nice ... I will talk to Dave. However, if sadman calls for a forfeit that is probably what will happen.

sadman PM me if that is the way you want to go.

Okay guys JUST over 1hr 20 mins ... we have THREE polls up and the Champion ship one will be up before the deadline ... so we are waiting on 5 Pollls ... and Stray's situation not withstanding.

Lets get them up guys.

sadman2000
08-22-2009, 10:55 PM
Well here's mine, the topic was "Sports Heroes:"
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff24/sadman2000/Pin-ups/CaptainBaseball.jpg
If I were to call out a forfeit on Stray's part, would I still advance two ranks? If so I'll do that. I did my work.

spidey976
08-22-2009, 11:09 PM
You would get the win ... which is a rise of 1 rank ... and into the next bracket. I have PMed Dave. So if you request the forefiet it will be his call in the end.

50min GO

Tragikdj911
08-22-2009, 11:25 PM
Well, here is my piece . I've PM'd Ryanarmstrong and never heard back from him. I've noticed that he has missed his last 3 street fights, so I don't expect he'll show up. I got a message from Steve11jr saying he'd send me his link after he gets outta work at 1030, Ohio time, so that will probably happen after midnight EST. I'll be up for a little longer but I'm not staying up all night.
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x161/tragikdj911/sephirothfinal081209d.jpg

sadman2000
08-22-2009, 11:34 PM
Wow, this is shaping up to be yet another lightweight disaster. Let's hope it doesn't.

Tragikdj911
08-22-2009, 11:37 PM
I got steve11jr's piece and posted, but still no word on Ryanarmstrong. I'll be up for a little longer.

spidey976
08-22-2009, 11:57 PM
Championship Poll going UP as we speak

sadman2000
08-23-2009, 12:07 AM
You would get the win ... which is a rise of 1 rank ... and into the next bracket. I have PMed Dave. So if you request the forefiet it will be his call in the end.

50min GO

To be honest, I would rather take this dude head on. I didn't do my piece for nothing, I did it to compete. However, if Dave feels a forfeit is necessary on Stray's part I'll take that as well, although I would prefer a match.

spidey976
08-23-2009, 01:17 AM
Allright ... Stray ... UNLESS you read otherwise here by Dave ... post up the poll when you get home from work. If Dave decides that this poll should be brought down at a later time do to a forfeit ... that is his call. I am giving you a little leeway right now.

spidey976
08-23-2009, 01:43 AM
Okay ... we currently have 7 out of 10 polls up ... with a possible 8th going up at about 3AM. So our outstandings are

ArmstrongArts (piece is up in the thread) vs Humblerthanyou: Armstrong have you heard from Humblerthanyou at all?? This is a forfeit unless I hear otherwise form Armstrong.

eric_bliz vs iwannabiscuit (BOTH NO SHOWS): Okay guys you were a late add on BUT I let you in with the understanding that you would have your pieces done by the deadline. Where are they?

ryanarmstrong-forfeits

Overall an 70% poll rate isn't half bad ... 80% would be better (Stray get the POLL up when you get home). Thanks for the improvement guys. Right now we have the MOST polls up ... which is darn good for us ... :D

Popninja
08-23-2009, 02:04 AM
Allright ... Stray ... UNLESS you read otherwise here by Dave ... post up the poll when you get home from work. If Dave decides that this poll should be brought down at a later time do to a forfeit ... that is his call. I am giving you a little leeway right now.

If you give one person leeway, you've got to give everyone leeway and that's where the real trouble starts. It's really not fair to those that follow guidelines to forgo them for anyone else.

Rules is rules. We all knew the deadline a month ago.

spidey976
08-23-2009, 02:14 AM
If you give one person leeway, you've got to give everyone leeway and that's where the real trouble starts. It's really not fair to those that follow guidelines to forgo them for anyone else.

Rules is rules. We all knew the deadline a month ago.

Yeah ... I totally understand what you are saying, and I am waiting on Dave's decission on this one because I don't know if the cercumstances that stopped Stray from posting warrant any kind of extension. They are unforseen, and don't really involve his ability to time manage, his work called him in. I am letting the poll go up 1) Because Sad would like to finish this in the ring, and 2) last month some polls went up 12 hours late.

I will talk to Dave, but thanks for the concern Pop

StrayTanGenT
08-23-2009, 07:26 AM
Yea. I'll take the forfeit. Family emergency came up and haven't slept much. Apologies to all especially sadman.

Comp sketch.
http://rockcho.googlepages.com/shero.jpg

What I have done for the final so far.
http://rockcho.googlepages.com/sphero.jpg

spidey976
08-23-2009, 07:45 AM
dry to hear about the family trouble Stray. sadman gets the win then.

ArmstrongArts
08-23-2009, 04:13 PM
hey has anyone heard from HumblerthanYou? I can only use a computer when i Get down here to kinko's not an easy task with no car. I think i have teh only girlfriend in the world with out a computer.

ArmstrongArts
08-23-2009, 04:17 PM
So... is it me or are there more Lightwieght matches posted than middle and heavy and ppl are still bitching about light wieght?

spidey976
08-23-2009, 04:17 PM
hey has anyone heard from HumblerthanYou? I can only use a computer when i Get down here to kinko's not an easy task with no car. I think i have teh only girlfriend in the world with out a computer.

Nope absolutely nothing ... so you get the win by forfeit. I know it isn't the way you wanted it to go. You did a really nice piece and I was looking forward to the poll.

ArmstrongArts
08-23-2009, 04:19 PM
ya it is a shame since i had so many issues getting the piece "done" i would have liked for it to go up against someone.

spidey976
08-23-2009, 04:29 PM
well ... maybe you and humble can use your respected pieces in a street fight. I know you really worked at getting yours done.

Popninja
08-23-2009, 06:51 PM
So... is it me or are there more Lightwieght matches posted than middle and heavy and ppl are still bitching about light wieght?

I don't see anyone bitching specifically about the Lightweight division.

Heavyweight polled 5 out of 7 matches, which is 71% participation.

Middleweight polled 7 out of 13 matches, which is 54% participation.

Lightweight polled 7 out of 10 matches, which is 70% participation.

So, clearly, the middleweight division really dropped the ball out of all of the divisions.

humblerthanyou
08-25-2009, 09:02 AM
Oh! Son of a bitch! I thought the deadline was the 28th! I'm sooooo sorry Armstrong, Spidey, and Bovey! I feel awful. :( If you do want to street fight, tell me Arm. Again, really really sorry. I accept my penalty like a man.

spidey976
08-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Well that is really unfortunate humblerthanyou. To my knowledge the deadline will ALWAYS be on or around the 22nd. We need time to run the polls for 4 days ... and get the next round set up. Armstrong is around, but spuradically so I would send him a PM and see what he wants to do.

humblerthanyou
08-25-2009, 09:46 AM
Yeah, I will. I got confused. I can help setting up next month to make up for being a flake. Or any other month.

spidey976
08-25-2009, 10:08 AM
Yeah, I will. I got confused. I can help setting up next month to make up for being a flake. Or any other month.

I will take you up on that... I may need some help with a quick double check on my ranks ... I will try to get a peliminary set up tonight or tomorrow.

humblerthanyou
08-25-2009, 12:14 PM
Alright, man. Sounds good. PM me with specifics and all that jazz.

spidey976
08-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Okay ... A QUICK REMINDER ... ALL POLLS have closed are in the process of closing ... so any last minute votes ... do it NOW. Also, when your polls close UPDATE your stats please.

spidey976
08-27-2009, 08:20 AM
Update your sheets guys as I will be doing the ranks later today.

k0b13
08-27-2009, 08:45 AM
Poll is closing on 29. What should I do?
http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96441

spidey976
08-27-2009, 08:47 AM
Well all polls should be 4 days long for PUMMEL but update your sheet with a win and I will ask Dave to close it out

k0b13
08-27-2009, 08:51 AM
Ok cool. Thanks.

spidey976
08-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Okay guys here are you TOP 5
1 Spidey976
2 JCImmortal

3 Anubus2kx
5 The Breeze [/COLOR]

6 Captain All That

beyond that there is a three way tie at number 7 ... I will be reranking The Breeze and Captain All That as we had a hole at the number 4 rank. So these are the guys who will be going into the wildcard matches.

I am going to chat with Dave about a few things ... and I hope to get the rest of the list to you ASAP. I am still waiting on the status of a pull out or two from last month

finfito
08-27-2009, 01:30 PM
ok...I think I updated my spreadsheet correctly...

Captain All That
08-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Ill update my spread sheet when I get home... Got a few more losses to add. :(

sadman2000
08-27-2009, 03:13 PM
Okay guys here are you TOP 5
1 Spidey976
2 JCImmortal

3 Anubus2kx
5 The Breeze [/COLOR]

6 Captain All That

beyond that there is a three way tie at number 7 ... I will be reranking The Breeze and Captain All That as we had a hole at the number 4 rank. So these are the guys who will be going into the wildcard matches.

I am going to chat with Dave about a few things ... and I hope to get the rest of the list to you ASAP. I am still waiting on the status of a pull out or two from last month

Spidey!!! I completely forgot to update my spread sheet. I did however update the stats and records thread earlier this week. The SS said Rank 15 (before my entry in PUMMEL ranked matches), while the thread said 12 (prior to the august "victory"). I hope you caught my mistake and it doesn't screw up your ranks. :o

thEbrEEze
08-27-2009, 07:44 PM
alright everything on my end is updated

spidey976
08-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Don't worry guys ...right now my MAIN issues are with trying to be fair with some of the artists ... because there was SO much jugling last month.