PDA

View Full Version : P.U.M.M.E.L. Ranked Matches: August - Middleweights

dfbovey
07-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Congrats to the new Middleweight champ! Jared Lee!

Here are the matches and rankings for August:

1 Jared Lee
2 Taro Mochi

3 Archerion
4 Popninja

5 Asaru
6 Nickguy

7 Spidey
8 gadgetwk

9 Johnny Blaque
10 alfred183

11 Deth
12 Slam

13 Doomsmith
14 shawny

15 dave chisholm
16 Jaguar Wong

17 Ballpoint
18 VIM22

19 DA Dragonslayer
20 Thordad

21 Chris Major
22 Mana-boozy

23 Hanzou
24 MrBojangles

25 Studiome
26 DemonX01
27 latino machete

High ranks, please PM your subject to your opponent. Entries are due August 22nd before 11:59PM Eastern standard time (US). Please coordinate the posting of the poll with your opponents via PM.

dfbovey
07-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Also, there is a new rule starting this month. No shows will be dropped 4 spots in rank.

NickRocks
07-27-2009, 02:53 PM
5 Asaru
6 Nickguy

asaru again, eh? hahah, uh, oo..

Chris Major
07-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Very groovy. Will get in touch with Hanzou right away then.

Jaguar Wong
07-27-2009, 04:00 PM
Crap, I've got another heavy hitter I'm up against. This tournament definitely pushes me mentally. This is going to be tough, but man it's fun.

Chris Major
07-27-2009, 04:03 PM
Hanzou has been PM'ed. This will rock - literally :D

davechisholm
07-27-2009, 04:05 PM
J-WONG! i'll get you a topic soon! i'm brewing a cool one up.

slam
07-27-2009, 04:29 PM
haha rematch between dragonslayer and thordad?
J-Wong, may God be with you on that battle!
I have Deth who beat several heavyweights already! Yikes, I have a feeling my lucky streak will come to an end.
I can only bring my best to the table.

dfbovey
07-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Alright, it's been brought to my attention that mana-boozy and Hanzou should be flipped in rank. I know Chris Major and Hanzou already exchanged subject, but we need to fix this issue.

Hanzou picks the topic in a match with MrBoJangles.

ryanarmstrong
07-27-2009, 04:34 PM
where are the lightweight matchs for august?

dfbovey
07-27-2009, 04:34 PM
where are the lightweight matchs for august?

They haven't been posted yet.

Jaguar Wong
07-27-2009, 04:59 PM
haha rematch between dragonslayer and thordad?
J-Wong, may God be with you on that battle!
I have Deth who beat several heavyweights already! Yikes, I have a feeling my lucky streak will come to an end.
I can only bring my best to the table.

LOL, yeah, this is quite a challenge for us. New to the game, and now I get a taste of how hard this is going to be.

Dave,
I look forward to your topic, I'm sure it will be fun to do. Not that you need it, but good luck, sir. I've got to really shape up, and this is an awesome way to do it.

dfbovey,
I know it's really hard to keep up with all of this stuff, but I do want to thank you for the work you're doing to keep this running. It's an awesome opportunity for us to really push ourselves and improve (and especially learn from our mistakes).

Archerion
07-27-2009, 05:26 PM
PMd Pop topic.. now to think.

NickRocks
07-27-2009, 05:29 PM
i pulled out all the stops against asaru last time and still lost...im not looking forward to this encounter. :(

slam
07-27-2009, 05:36 PM
i pulled out all the stops against asaru last time and still lost...im not looking forward to this encounter. :(
That was then, now is now. I'm sure you've improved over the time. Go full color next time.

Popninja
07-27-2009, 06:14 PM
PMd Pop topic.. now to think.

I've got nothing from you in my inbox, Arch.

thordad
07-28-2009, 12:14 AM
A rematch !!! Awesome !!! I totally messed up the last one , bit off more than I could chew with the topic and Comi Con preparations at the same time .

I promise DA I will give him my full attention this month .

Good luck DA bro , just let me know your topic and lets really rock the joint this time around.

DemonX01
07-28-2009, 12:39 AM
so will this be a 3-way match for me, studiome, and latinomachete?

thordad
07-28-2009, 12:46 AM
yeah!!!! a three way , and all new pummel competitors , man I hope StudioMe chooses a great topic for you guys to slug it out with ....... Im almost as excited to see this match as I am my own rematch with DA Dragonslayer ( this time he has home Dojo advantage :p )

Good luck to you guys , this is going to be a great month I can already tell .

NickRocks
07-28-2009, 12:56 AM
this was the outcome of my last match with asaru...didnt work out so well (http://penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93902)

dfbovey
07-28-2009, 12:58 AM

correctamundo

Jared Lee
07-28-2009, 05:50 AM
Lieu seeing moving
this was the outcome of my last match with asaru...didnt work out so well (http://penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93902)

Wow! That was some of your best work!
I wish you luck in your battle.

Wow, I'm champ! This title has a lot of weight to it.
I have to up hold the prestige that Archerion gave to the title, while handing it something of my own.
Now for the hard part; keeping the title.

:D Taro! I've been looking forward to this for a looong time:D

I knew that someday we would face off, and I told meself, "SELF, when you face Taro Mochi show no mercy! No matter how awesome Taro's work is your work will be moderatly better!"

I try to keep my ego in check even during internal monologs...

Anyway I'll be sending you the topic for our match. I think you may, or may not like it. :confused:

ArmstrongArts
07-28-2009, 06:33 AM

Man I love me some 3 way action

Archerion
07-28-2009, 06:44 AM
Good luck Jared, Taro is a beast.

thordad
07-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Got my topic from DA DRAGONSLAYER ( he definitely knows how to make some one feel welcome in his DOJO , I wont reveal the topic but a smile , a wink , and a nudge nudge , know what I mean ? know what I mean ? to my bro the Slayer !!!)

This month we will both leave your heads spinning ( what what what ? !? ! ! ! ) :p

NickRocks
07-28-2009, 04:01 PM
got topic from asaru, this one is going to be AWESOME.

Taro Mochi
07-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Uh I'm no beast but thanks :) These PUMMELS have been good for improving my skill though... Been trying to raise my level so I can actually make a living off this stuff... but I guess you need fancy networking skills to do that :( Oh well :)
Thanks Mr. dfbovey for organizing this thing! And I got my topic form Jared Lee so I'm ready to go. Thanks! And good luck everyone!

slam
07-28-2009, 05:16 PM
I Pmed Deth for a subject but no reply yet. Don't leave me hanging Deth, I need all the time I can against you.

Archerion
07-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Me and pop finally agreed on a topic hehe this one should be good.

thordad
07-28-2009, 07:08 PM
POP , Arch has seen what you can do with inks now . You really have to bring the pain and I Know you can .

This is a great matchup , two of my new england neighbors knockn the boots , cant wait to see the results :)

NickRocks
08-02-2009, 04:49 PM
ive got nothing.........im gonna request change of topic lol

Archerion
08-02-2009, 05:13 PM
POP , Arch has seen what you can do with inks now . You really have to bring the pain and I Know you can .

This is a great matchup , two of my new england neighbors knockn the boots , cant wait to see the results :)

I know pop is gonna bring the pain.

Doomsmith
08-11-2009, 06:39 PM
I've sent a PM to my opponent on saturday about this ranked match and I haven't heard back from him yet. I couldn't come up with a topic and told him that he could pick it (if that's ok to do). If I don't hear back from him by the deadline, what happens? I tried to look it up in the rules but there's no protocols listed in handling this type of situation. I also sent you a PM about this yesterday.

What do I do?

D2k9!

dfbovey
08-12-2009, 08:33 AM
Well, as the higher ranked opponent... it is kinda your responsibility to make the topic.

If your opponent doesn't show then it's a win for you.

Doomsmith
08-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Ok then. Well I finally came up with a Subject and sent it to him. Now it's a waiting game.......

D2k9!

NickRocks
08-13-2009, 02:22 PM
oh snap time flies. i should get started on this.

Popninja
08-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Ok then. Well I finally came up with a Subject and sent it to him. Now it's a waiting game.......

Dude, are you serious? It's almost the middle of the month. This thing is due in less than 10 days now, and you're just now sending out a topic?! Insanity.

NickRocks
08-13-2009, 06:39 PM
well to be fair, im still on rough thumbnails. i really feel bad for asaru, hes probably got a kickass pic ready and hes gonna come up against a WIP.

Popninja
08-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Yeah, I'm running on just a rough right now, too. But that's only because I keep doing street fights and they take my attention away from the August PRM.

I'm pretty much done with my piece for my Ms. Marvel SF with Toddoss, so all of my attention will go to my match with Archerion.

At least we had our subjects, though, for the last couple of weeks. That would suck to have my subject given to me less than two weeks before the due date.

Doomsmith
08-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Dude, are you serious? It's almost the middle of the month. This thing is due in less than 10 days now, and you're just now sending out a topic?! Insanity.

Popninja,

FYI there are other obligations and responsibilities that take priority above this tourney and had i not looked at the list of ranked matches for the month LAST WEEK I would've thought I was out the league. If you would've taken an extra minute to look at the previous posts you would have seen that I contacted my opponent over the weekend about this and haven't heard from him or her since I gave shawny the option of picking the topic cause I couldn't come up with one at first.

After my match I SO want to put you in your place in a PUMMEL Street Fight. Do you even THINK before you post? Or are you ignorant 24 / 7 /365 ?

Even if you had an answer I wouldn't care to hear it. I wish you the best in your other matches but that's as far as it goes.

D2k9!

thordad
08-13-2009, 08:43 PM
Thats a Call Out . So on 8/23 we expect to see a challenge posted between Doomsmith and PoPNinja .

I take a personal interest in this as I love both peoples work. I look foward to seeing this challenge.

PoP , your gonna need to bring work like your " Etrigan" and your " SuperMan Prime vs Xmen" Dooms can kill when he chooses ( like you need me to tell you that )

Dooms , know that PoP can bring a very serious game .( not that I have to tell you that )

Love you both , but I seriously want to see this particular matchup

Popninja
08-14-2009, 12:18 AM
Popninja,

FYI there are other obligations and responsibilities that take priority above this tourney and had i not looked at the list of ranked matches for the month LAST WEEK I would've thought I was out the league. If you would've taken an extra minute to look at the previous posts you would have seen that I contacted my opponent over the weekend about this and haven't heard from him or her since I gave shawny the option of picking the topic cause I couldn't come up with one at first.

After my match I SO want to put you in your place in a PUMMEL Street Fight. Do you even THINK before you post? Or are you ignorant 24 / 7 /365 ?

Even if you had an answer I wouldn't care to hear it. I wish you the best in your other matches but that's as far as it goes.

D2k9!

I don't know what to tell you, man. The stips for this round were posted over two weeks ago. The higher ranks PM the subject to their opponent. It was on you two weeks ago. Is it that hard? Superman. Spider-Man. The Wonder Twins. Spongebob Squarepants. Anything really. Just throw it out there.

Yes, we ALL have lives outside of Penciljack. We all have other priorities. But how long does it take really to write a PM? I bet it takes less time than it did to write your little rant that I quoted.

Hey shawny,

August topic: Jay Jay the Jet Plane

See you on the 22nd! Peace!
I'm just sayin'.

As far as putting me in my place? Absolutely...anytime you're ready. Hell, I'll even pick the topic to make things easier for you.;)

ArmstrongArts
08-14-2009, 12:55 AM
Oh Pop you are so confrontational ;)

Hanzou
08-20-2009, 07:30 PM
We can post our entries here right? I'm going to turn mine in a bit early.

spidey976
08-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Yes ... especially if you are going to be away the night of the poll and you want to make SURE that your piece goes up. We have had some guys forward their pieces to their opponent who was AWAY, and some were sent to Dave and they were missed because of a full IN box. So here is the SAFEST place to post your pic.

Hanzou
08-21-2009, 12:06 AM
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9200/lxg2bc.jpg (http://img17.imageshack.us/i/lxg2bc.jpg/)

Here ya go.

Jared Lee
08-21-2009, 02:59 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/AlphaProto/sonsonfinal.jpg

NickRocks
08-21-2009, 03:16 PM
im sorry, asaru...i just wasnt motivated for this one at all, but i dont wanna drop 4 spots, so...
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l48/NickGuy_2006/sketches01-3.jpg

Popninja
08-21-2009, 03:21 PM
Sweet work, Jared and Hanzou.

Come on, Nick. You can't put some finishing touches on that in the next 32 hours?!

NickRocks
08-21-2009, 03:22 PM
oh its not due today?! then hell yeah i can make it look more finished

dfbovey
08-21-2009, 03:42 PM
Yeah, Unless a cosmic shift caused a day to disappear. Entries are due tomorrow before 11:59 pm.

spidey976
08-21-2009, 05:14 PM
I think guys are posting their stuff if they are going to be away this weekend.

slam
08-21-2009, 06:19 PM
in case I die doing this page, here;'s proof I did start at least. I don't wanna face God telling him I dropped 4 spots in Pummel for forfeting against the mighty Deth.
http://www.oneminutestudios.com/penciljack/progress1.jpg

thordad
08-21-2009, 07:00 PM
ummm slam !!! you cant die man , cause now I need to know where you were going with Rogue on this one . lol ( unless thats jubilee ?? then I dont really want to know )

slam
08-21-2009, 07:54 PM
haha, why cos jubilee is a teen? :D Why didnt I think of roqgue, I'm gonna turn her into rogue...she has more womenly curves :)

Chris Major
08-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Teaser for mana-boozy, my challenger:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3475/3844451924_ac3bc6f5c7.jpg

Archerion
08-22-2009, 12:09 AM
heh all the sneak previews..... I must try to resist,.....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/Archerion/KOTORsneak.jpg

gadgetwk
08-22-2009, 12:24 AM
here's mine for my matchup against spidey. wish i had more time so i could ink it but oh well.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/GadgetWK/goblin.jpg

davechisholm
08-22-2009, 10:19 AM
here is mine for my draw-off...
bummer that jaguar wong had some real-life stuff come up and had to bail. i think we're going to make it into a street fight for next week or something.
anyway, enjoy:
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/6421/aberevised.jpg

Solace
08-22-2009, 11:06 AM
@davechisholm - I don't know you, but those pages make me <3 you.

davechisholm
08-22-2009, 11:36 AM
@davechisholm - I don't know you, but those pages make me <3 you.

haha thanks, man! there's more fun stuff where that came from...
http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80012&page=43

:-)

ballpoint
08-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Here is mine for my match-up w/ VIM22
The topic was "The Destroyer"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/dizave/DestroyerPUMMEL.jpg

NickRocks
08-22-2009, 01:39 PM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l48/NickGuy_2006/sketches01-4.jpg

mana-boozy
08-22-2009, 01:55 PM
wow!

looks good C-Major!

i didnt have the time this month to work on my piece fully cause of my cousins coming over from USA.

but here is mine.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii310/ferdiemana/rockabilly2copy.jpg

looks like teh clown loves tht type of music

Jaguar Wong
08-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Yeah I had to drop out of the competition. :( davechisholm had one of the most awesome pieces I've seen in quite a while. I was so fired up to do something for it, but now I'm going to limp along most of this week, and spend most of Thursday and Friday putting something together for a streetfight. I know it's not really fair for me to get so much extra time, especially after seeing his entry weeks ago, but I think it's obvious that anyone would need extra time to go against that piece.

*and yay, I can post again!*

alfred183
08-22-2009, 02:38 PM
Johnny has mine in a PM. Now, to rest...

Johnny Blaque
08-22-2009, 04:47 PM
As I wrote Alfred earlier in a pm, I don't have anything worth posting, so I'm going to bow out of this fight and I have to bow out of the Pummel competition all together. I'm sorry Alfred, you did an awesome job.

slam
08-22-2009, 04:54 PM
i dunno johny, even if you only have a sketch, post it up. It would be a shame to let Alfred's piece left away in the closet. It's brilliant and deserves to be shown to voters...Look at Nickguy, who still put up some effort in finishing his piece even though he said he was uninspired. I think these ranked matches are a really good test for the real world. Quality is expected to be high and lots of people cant deal with it. Even me I'm struggling to come up with something worth posting.
just in case here's my WIP, I need to fix up some characters and detail and then maybe throw on some colors..how much time is left? I am on european time....
http://www.oneminutestudios.com/penciljack/pencils.jpg

alfred183
08-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Awwwwwwwww

Archerion
08-22-2009, 05:21 PM
MY Placeholder

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/Archerion/KOTORsnak.jpg

alfred183
08-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Slam, not sure what forum time is but it's 9 and a half hours till midnight here.

Popninja
08-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Mine's going to be pretty much in the same vein - - uninspired. But I won't bow out. It's just not worth the drop in rank to bow out.

I pre-apologize to Archerion, because he deserved my absolute best. I've decided that I probably won't participate in any more Street Fights unless they are subjects that I really want to draw. I basically ended up trying to squeeze my monthly battle in between my street fights. That won't happen again.

alfred183
08-22-2009, 05:26 PM
Pop, you should let me get even, though!! Maybe in a month or so?

In my opinion, nothing wrong with uninspired as long as you try and put a little effort into it.

Is it bad that I just can't wait to see who I'm matched up against next!?? MAAAAN I'm bloodthirsty haha

Popninja
08-22-2009, 05:40 PM
Slam, not sure what forum time is but it's 9 and a half hours till midnight here.

It's due no later than 11:59 EST, so that's not 9 and a half hours. It's less than 6 hours, considering you have to scan your stuff in and maybe clean it up a little.

Popninja
08-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Pop, you should let me get even, though!! Maybe in a month or so?

Technically, we are even. You whooped me and I got you back...barely.

I'll be up for a tie-breaker, though. Just not right away. Yeah, maybe in a month or so.

slam
08-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Damn, I wont go up against alfred for sure, since you already won this ranked match again (win one more and you go to heavyweight :D), but I want a street fight alfred! I'll post up an official challenge after this pummel entry is finished.

alfred183
08-22-2009, 06:31 PM
I don't think it quite works like that, Slam! At my current level I would get mangled in Heavy Weight too heh.

Definitely have to do an Alfred VS Slam street fight. It will be my only street fight this month as I have to work on my comic. Let me know when you're ready and you can even choose the topic. ;)

Popninja
08-22-2009, 06:46 PM
I could have slapped some half-hearted colors on this, but I just don't want to put in the time when I could be hanging out with my boys(my sons).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/Popninja/PJ_Draw_Offs/swlegacy.jpg

I'll PM this to Archerion, as well, seeing as I'm not 100&#37; sure I'll be around to post the poll before deadline, and his isn't finished yet.

slam
08-22-2009, 06:57 PM
what are you complaining about pop, this rocks!

Hanzou
08-22-2009, 07:26 PM
I'm waiting for Mr. Bojangles... Hope he had time to produce something. He was doing a lot of street fights.

slam
08-22-2009, 08:22 PM
i have no time for colors anymore, Pmed Deth with myfinished pencils (http://www.oneminutestudios.com/penciljack/pencils1.jpg)

Doomsmith
08-22-2009, 11:14 PM
I'm even embarassed to post this up. I wish I came up with this layout a while ago and before I threw my back out at work. I'm hopped up on so many painkillers I can't even focus to finish this......... But I wanted to post SOMETHING so that I can still be a part of PUMMEL.......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v691/Doomsmith/TekkenVSVirtuaFighterWIP.jpg

D2k9!

thordad
08-22-2009, 11:48 PM
Getting in under the gun , Here is my entry for my match against DA Dragonslayer.

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv357/Thordad/ThorPummenRankedMatch.jpg

Taro Mochi
08-22-2009, 11:58 PM
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/6052/monkeysize.jpg
whew sending image to the other guy now
edit oops image was HUGE

Chris Major
08-22-2009, 11:58 PM
Here's mine. Poll coming up:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2650/3847596900_9cf464b096_b.jpg

Hanzou
08-23-2009, 12:15 AM
Mrbojanglessss..............!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:(

thordad
08-23-2009, 12:44 AM
Where are you DA Dragonslayer ?

Hanzou
08-23-2009, 02:38 AM
So how long do we wait before the fight is considered a forfeit?

thordad
08-23-2009, 02:53 AM
On PSFs I think its to the discretion of the other challenger but I believe the rules are a bit more stringent with Ranked Matches . Technically 1 min over is a DQ but considering varying time zones varying clocks Im sure some leeway is given, but not much.

NO ONE WANTS A WIN BY DQ. ( unless they really hate their piece , this month I rather liked mine , dang it )

slam
08-23-2009, 05:54 AM
Looking at the number of polls posted there's a lot of no shows again? Deth will be late aswell, but he is working on his piece.

spidey976
08-23-2009, 08:02 AM
Well, unless there are special circumstances that Dave would have to take into consideration, all of the noshows have officially lost by forfeit and dropped 4 spots.
I have to admit to being surprised here, 6 noshow matches is the same number we had in the lightweights months.

dfbovey
08-23-2009, 09:34 AM
Yeah, a lot of middleweights really dropped the ball this month.

Hanzou
08-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Some friendly advice to my fellow pummelers;

Be wary of accepting street fights so close to your ranking match. I notice a lot of the no-shows did street fights very recently, and were probably out of gas for the main event. :skull:

Popninja
08-23-2009, 11:27 AM

Be wary of accepting street fights so close to your ranking match. I notice a lot of the no-shows did street fights very recently, and were probably out of gas for the main event. :skull:

Good advice. I found this to be true with my own piece this month. It didn't stop me from posting it, but not as much work went into it because of street fights.

And to anyone still working on their pieces, do so for your own enjoyment and satisfaction, but when you missed the deadline, you forfeited. Period.

Dri
08-23-2009, 01:09 PM

But some of the street fight topics are far more interesting than
what is offered for the main event. I mean Pyschobilly would be
interesting for some people but I wouldn't be pumped to do
something artwise for that topic.

slam
08-23-2009, 01:13 PM
arent you allowed to ask for change of topic if you really, really wouldnt like it? As far as I can tell everyone on jack is cool, I certainly wouldnt force anyone to draw something they'd hate

Popninja
08-23-2009, 01:27 PM
arent you allowed to ask for change of topic if you really, really wouldnt like it? As far as I can tell everyone on jack is cool, I certainly wouldnt force anyone to draw something they'd hate

Tell that to Spidey, who after I said I hated his topic said he was having a blast doing his topic...only to end up bailing and pulling a no-show on deadline.

That ain't cool.

Granted I didn't directly ask for a change in topic, but I expressed my dislike for it enough that I thought for sure he would say, "Well, okay, let's do something different then." But he didn't.

Hanzou
08-23-2009, 01:32 PM

Like Dri said, if you dislike the topic, be vocal about it. Me and Bojangles discussed a couple of topics, and we agreed on LXG.

What I'm saying is that if you got a week to go before your ranked match, and you're still accepting street fights while your ranking pic is still in the thumbnail phase, maybe you should consider working on your ranking pic instead.

alfred183
08-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Nevermind......

thordad
08-23-2009, 04:37 PM
UGGHHHH .... Just a reminder to everyone update your stats . I had forgotten too all month . Just did so that Boveys job isnt made harder than its already going to be.

davechisholm
08-23-2009, 10:50 PM

plus, fighting a heavyweight in a SF can potentially move your rank faster than this tourney can.

spidey976
08-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Okay ... A QUICK REMINDER ... ALL POLLS have closed are in the process of closing ... so any last minute votes ... do it NOW. Also, when your polls close UPDATE your stats please.

thordad
08-26-2009, 08:45 PM
If we won by DQ from a competitors no show , do we reflect that win in our stats now ?

Manji
08-26-2009, 08:53 PM
If we won by DQ from a competitors no show , do we reflect that win in our stats now ?

Yes and I think it's best to wait until the last day so that you avoid being ranked twice.

thordad
08-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Today would be the last day as the polls are closing ? or do you mean the last day of the month ?

spidey976
08-26-2009, 10:18 PM
nope they are closed OR are closing ... and we will be trying to get your ranks up SOON ...so update your sheets after your polls closed ... HOWEVER ... you already have a win for the noshow thordad ... so go ahead and add it.

NickRocks
08-26-2009, 10:42 PM
stat sheet updated....cant wait to see who my next opponent is. time to redeem myself.

thordad
08-26-2009, 11:31 PM
My Stats are updated as well .

Hanzou
08-26-2009, 11:32 PM
Stats updated.

slam
08-27-2009, 01:58 AM
stats updated

ThreeEyesWorm
08-27-2009, 02:45 AM
plus, fighting a heavyweight in a SF can potentially move your rank faster than this tourney can.

honestly, I can't WAIT to challenge a heavy weight when I have time HEHEHE. :P

thordad
08-27-2009, 03:12 AM
Its not as easy as it sounds , I have been fortunate to have had three matches against heavyweights , you dont see most of them slugging it out in the streetfights . Manji , HadesIllustration , CBA , and Teratophile will take challenges they come across , but the bulk like to keep to their monthlies . Ofcourse you can call anyone out at anytime whether they accept or not is a different story but I havent had anyone turn down a call out .

dfbovey
08-27-2009, 07:30 AM
I'm going to try to get the new rankings up by either today or tomorrow.

I'm looking for someone who'd be up for being commissioner of the middleweight division. Let me know if you'd be interested.

dfbovey
08-27-2009, 07:33 AM
Its not as easy as it sounds , I have been fortunate to have had three matches against heavyweights , you dont see most of them slugging it out in the streetfights . Manji , HadesIllustration , CBA , and Teratophile will take challenges they come across , but the bulk like to keep to their monthlies . Ofcourse you can call anyone out at anytime whether they accept or not is a different story but I havent had anyone turn down a call out .

It's also tough because there are borderline pros in the heavyweight division. Getting a win wouldn't be easy by any stretch.

I've had two streetfights so far, but it IS tough finding the time for them.

slam
08-27-2009, 07:59 AM
What exactly would be expected as commissioner?

I'm going to try to get the new rankings up by either today or tomorrow.

I'm looking for someone who'd be up for being commissioner of the middleweight division. Let me know if you'd be interested.

dfbovey
08-27-2009, 08:12 AM
What exactly would be expected as commissioner?

Basically:

Re-order the ranks based on wins and losses from the previous month (Winners go up 1 in rank, losers down 2 in rank, no shows down 4 in rank. Overall record breaking the tie if two people land on the same rank).

And then post a thread like this one showing the match ups before the 1st of each month.

That would be the main responsibility.

spidey976
08-27-2009, 08:15 AM
I nominate Manji ... Since he threw me under the bus for the light weight job ... Just returning the favor. Oh and he would be great at it ... ;)

Hanzou
08-27-2009, 08:51 AM
I feel the middleweight commissioner should also be a middleweight.

spidey976
08-27-2009, 08:58 AM
I feel the middleweight commissioner should also be a middleweight.

If one will step up that is great ... but Dave is looking for help NOW. Besides I am the lightweight commisoner and I have two opportunities to move up this month alone. So do you think I should step down? Hey if you are volunteering by all means go for it though.

Edit: I don't mean to sound snotty but this is the 2nd or 3rd time Dave has asked the Middleweights for help. Trust me when I say it is a lot of work just to run
1 division let alone 2.

Hanzou
08-27-2009, 10:05 AM
Ah, I see. Well Manji would be fine then.

spidey976
08-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Well Manji just voluteered in the Heavyweight thread ... so you could let him know that you are willing ... or maybe you can work together.

P.S. Thought you might be that kind of guy Hanzou ... the PUT UP in the saying "put up or shut up" ... good on ya

spidey976
08-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Basically:

Winners go up 1 in rank, losers down 2 in rank, no shows down 4 in rank. Overall record breaking the tie if two people land on the same rank.

I will add the following to this
1) A drop of 4 for a NOshow ... and 2 for a pullout BEFORE the round starts

2) 2 noshows in a row and you are dropped to the bottom of the division and out of the league until you compete in at least 1 streetfight.

Hanzou
08-27-2009, 10:12 AM
Well Manji just voluteered in the Heavyweight thread ... so you could let him know that you are willing ... or maybe you can work together.

P.S. Thought you might be that kind of guy Hanzou ... the PUT UP in the saying "put up or shut up" ... good on ya

Yeah, I checked over at heavyweights and saw that Manji had volunteered, so I edited my post.

Whatever is best I suppose. Manji definitely has more experience with this than I do.

spidey976
08-27-2009, 10:14 AM
Yeah, I checked over at heavyweights and saw that Manji had volunteered, so I edited my post.

Whatever is best I suppose. Manji definitely has more experience with this than I do.

Actually, he has said that he would be totally fine with you taking on the administration of it ... but he would do the MOD only duties ... like moving and adjusting threads and such. If you are still willing that is.

Manji
08-27-2009, 10:15 AM
yeah dude no worries go right ahead and you can just PM me if you need any help etc.

Hanzou
08-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Actually, he has said that he would be totally fine with you taking on the administration of it ... but he would do the MOD only duties ... like moving and adjusting threads and such. If you are still willing that is.

Alright I'm in. However, I will only do this if I can get some rep! I think I deserve it...:o

Anyway, do I begin next month or this month?;)

spidey976
08-27-2009, 10:25 AM
Well take a look at the ranks for the start of THIS month ... and follow the steps Dave layed out earlier ... you will have to add the NEW Entries to the bottom of the division ... look at the Rogue fighters thread ... and if you have any ties in rank ... you will have to check their spreadsheets to double check their win percentage. Oh and positive rep is on the way ... lol

Hanzou
08-27-2009, 10:30 AM
Well take a look at the ranks for the start of THIS month ... and follow the steps Dave layed out earlier ... you will have to add the NEW Entries to the bottom of the division ... look at the Rogue fighters thread ... and if you have any ties in rank ... you will have to check their spreadsheets to double check their win percentage. Oh and positive rep is on the way ... lol

Cool. I'm on it. :lml-:

slam
08-27-2009, 10:36 AM
hey guys, good to see this is sorted out already, if you need a back-up hanzou when you are on holidays, you can take down my name.

Hanzou
08-27-2009, 10:44 AM
hey guys, good to see this is sorted out already, if you need a back-up hanzou when you are on holidays, you can take down my name.

Thanks Slam. :)

Hanzou
08-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Here are the tentative matches and rankings for September:

1 Jared Lee
2 Popninja

3 Asaru
4 Taro Mochi

5 Archerion
6 gadgetwk

7 Nickguy
8 alfred183

9 Spidey
10 Slam

11 Doomsmith
12 Johnny Blaque

12 dave chisholm
13 Ballpoint

14 Deth
15 Jaguar Wong

16 VIM22
17 Thordad

18 Chris Major
19 Hanzou

20 DA Dragonslayer
21 Mana-boozy

22 Shawny
23 DemonX01

24 Studiome
25 MrBojangles

26 latino machete
27 ThreeEyesWorm

28 Solace
29 Alexcat321

Contact your sparring partner asap so we can adjust the rankings if necessary.

Also please PM me and let me know if you are participating this month.

Manji
08-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Championship match should be awesome but the one I am really looking forward to is Archerion vs gadgetwk

Hanzou
08-27-2009, 12:13 PM
FYI: The top 10 is locked down, so those are the official rankings. The next 20 will be dependent on the no-shows.

spidey976
08-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Nice job Hanzou ... I would also check with Dave about the last 3 new arrivals. I know that ThreeEyes and Solace BOTH have streetfight wins ... and I am not sure about Alexcat at this second ... I will check his sheet.

spidey976
08-27-2009, 12:37 PM
Alex has NO Wins ...and NO Losses (AND NO SHEET ... get on that Alex)
ThreeEyes Wins= 1, Losses=0, KO=1 by 21 votes
Solace Wins=1, Losses=0, KO=1 by 17 votes

If you take these stats into account ... and I don't know if Dave weighs this before he seats the new arrivals or if he just goes by date weighed in, then your bottome three would most likely be

27 ThreeEyesWorm

28 Solace
29 Alexcat

Also ... do you know if there were an pullouts ... guys who pulled out before the round ... who intended to come back?? Not trying to confuse the issue ... I just know I MAY have one of those right now ... right in the middle of the standings too ... BLECH

NickRocks
08-27-2009, 01:07 PM
sorry alf, but im going to have to destroy you.

spidey976
08-27-2009, 01:09 PM

OH those are some BIG words ... you better actually BRING IT this time then son ... ;). Note: the word son was used in an effort to motivate NickGuy ... it was not in anyway meant as derogatory or insulti .... hey wait a minute TeleK isn't here .... oh ... NICKYBOY ... LOL

Edit: Actually I like the attitude Nick, but damn alfred is on a roll. You better bring your best heat if you want to take him.

ThreeEyesWorm
08-27-2009, 01:45 PM

If you take these stats into account ... and I don't know if Dave weighs this before he seats the new arrivals or if he just goes by date weighed in, then your bottome three would most likely be

27 ThreeEyesWorm

28 Solace
29 Alexcat

Also ... do you know if there were an pullouts ... guys who pulled out before the round ... who intended to come back?? Not trying to confuse the issue ... I just know I MAY have one of those right now ... right in the middle of the standings too ... BLECH

Wait, What? So who should I be fighting?

spidey976
08-27-2009, 01:53 PM
I would recommend waiting for Dave to respond to this thread till tonight ... I am not sure what he wants to do with the new weighins.

Also, at this point ... I am not even sure he KNOWS that he has help in the Middleweight division yet. I think Hanzou stepped up to the plate AFTER Dave went to work this morning, and he can no longer check the boards while he is there.

Don't worry TO much yet though. You still have like 25 or 26 days ... :D. We are just being overly energetic. These aren't even due till the first of the month

Hanzou
08-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Wait, What? So who should I be fighting?

More than likely, it may be a 3-way between you, Solace, and Alexcat.

Spidey's right though, Dave will make the final decision.

Hanzou
08-27-2009, 02:00 PM

27 ThreeEyesWorm

28 Solace
29 Alexcat

Fixed. I'm also waiting to see who's participating this round. Do you just PM them yourself, or do you wait for them to PM you?

spidey976
08-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Well when EVERYHING is all hunky dory ... we will start up the Challenge threads for September ... JUST like these ones were. Now, I want to talk to Dave a bit about that ... because ... though the usual is to PM the topic to your opponent ... I was wondering about having a master list of topics for each round. That way if we have to do any last minute swiching ... WE know that the topic is.

So right now ... great work ... trust me I am still new to this ... and you are doing a great job.

Popninja
08-27-2009, 02:11 PM
I hope you'll start a new thread for September's matches, spidey.

Solace
08-27-2009, 07:37 PM
I have a street fight with Thordad due tomorrow at midnight, would that be counted as an August match? Just wanted to mention in case it affects the rankings.

slam
08-27-2009, 07:48 PM
top 10 locked? Whoohooo. I'm in the top 10 :D
Thanks for your forfeit Deth ;P
Spidey on my plate? That is one tasty dish :)

slam
08-27-2009, 07:54 PM
btw...let us know if you're going with set topics this month. It sounds like a good idea. There wouldnt be the edge anymore for the person who sets the topic.

thordad
08-27-2009, 08:01 PM
I cant wait till the bottom run is set and I get my topic . :) I seriously want a monthly win that isnt by DQ .
Vic if it remains you , I cant wait to see what exciting topic you come up with . ( the sox are ahead in the wildcard race , and Brady is back , and Im feeling really good about being competitive again )

dfbovey
08-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Wow, a lot has happened since this morning!

I'm excited to have some more help :) Thanks a lot for stepping up to the plate Hanzou!

I noticed a few questions and I'll answer them tonight.

btw...let us know if you're going with set topics this month. It sounds like a good idea. There wouldnt be the edge anymore for the person who sets the topic.

Nope, the higher rank will always have the advantage of picking the topic. I believe they were just talking about making the topic for each match public. Which I don't have a problem with.

dfbovey
08-27-2009, 08:12 PM
I have a street fight with Thordad due tomorrow at midnight, would that be counted as an August match? Just wanted to mention in case it affects the rankings.

In order to count, the matches must be completed (polls closed) by the time the rankings for next month are solidified. Since the matches for September are likely to be posted tonight, your match vs. Thordad will probably have to count towards next month.

dfbovey
08-27-2009, 08:14 PM

27 ThreeEyesWorm

28 Solace
29 Alexcat

This would be correct. They both have a win by knockout, and the next tie breaker that seems fair would be how many votes they won by. So I agree with this.

alfred183
08-27-2009, 08:41 PM

I'm going to go ALL OUT. You have no idea, Nick. No idea. :pj:

Spidey
08-28-2009, 12:16 AM
Championship match should be awesome but the one I am really looking forward to is Archerion vs gadgetwk

$5 on gadget.

spidey976
08-28-2009, 12:43 AM
Here are the tentative matches and rankings for September:

1 Jared Lee
2 Popninja

3 Asaru
4 Taro Mochi

5 Archerion
6 gadgetwk

7 Nickguy
8 alfred183

9 Spidey
10 Slam

11 Doomsmith
12 dave chisholm

13 Ballpoint
15 Jaguar Wong

16 VIM22
17 Thordad

18 Chris Major
19 Hanzou

20 DA Dragonslayer
21 Mana-boozy

22 Shawny
23 DemonX01

24 Studiome
25 MrBojangles

26 latino machete
27 ThreeEyesWorm

28 Solace
29 Alexcat321

Supended (2 no shows in a row)30 Deth

Okay ... I am getting a bit punchy ... BUT I caught 2 things. Johnny B has PULLED out of Pummel ... and so I deleted him. Also, Deth has been dropped to the bottom of the ranks since he has Noshowed in his last two ranked matches (Unless he pulled out of the July ones and I couldn't find any reference to it), and he will have to compete in a street fight to get back in.

Hanzou, I would double check your no shows (making sure that no one else has had 2 consecutive noshows in a RANKED Match. If there haven't been then I would say throw these up. If you don't hear from the previous noshows by say Sept 1st you can do some collapsing of matches to fill in the holes.

P.S. If anyone else sees something I missed speak up, don't assume I found everything.

Hanzou
08-28-2009, 12:50 AM
Okay ... I am getting a bit punchy ... BUT I caught 2 things. Johnny B has PULLED out of Pummel ... and so I deleted him. Also, Deth has been dropped to the bottom of the ranks since he has Noshowed in his last two ranked matches (Unless he pulled out of the July ones and I couldn't find any reference to it), and he will have to compete in a street fight to get back in.

Hanzou, I would double check your no shows (making sure that no one else has had 2 consecutive noshows in a RANKED Match. If there haven't been then I would say throw these up. If you don't hear from the previous noshows by say Sept 1st you can do some collapsing of matches to fill in the holes.

P.S. If anyone else sees something I missed speak up, don't assume I found everything.

Well I haven't heard from any of the no-shows since the polls went up over a week ago. I'd like to think that if they wanted to stay in pummel, they would have popped in by now.

With that said, here's how the rankings look with the no shows pushed out;

1 Jared Lee
2 Popninja

3 Asaru
4 Taro Mochi

5 Archerion
6 gadgetwk

7 Nickguy
8 alfred183

9 Spidey
10 Slam

11 Doomsmith
12 dave chisholm

13 Ballpoint
14 Thordad

15 VIM122
16 Chris Major

17 Hanzou
18 Mana-boozy

19 DemonX01
20 Studiome

21 Latino machete
22 ThreeEyesWorm

23 Solace
24 Alexcat321

No shows
Johnny Blaque
Deth
Jaguar Wong
DA Dragonslayer
Shawny
MrBojangles

Since Johnny B is gone, and Deth is suspended, I sent the remaining four a private message. Hopefully we'll hear from them soon.

Spidey
08-28-2009, 01:07 AM
I'll pm them to hurry up the process.

Hanzou
08-28-2009, 01:08 AM
I'll pm them to hurry up the process.

Yeah, I went ahead and did it that way.

gadgetwk
08-28-2009, 02:10 AM
$5 on gadget.

damn. thanks!

ThreeEyesWorm
08-28-2009, 02:18 AM
We should definitely start a bidding program for this. :P

Jared Lee
08-28-2009, 02:53 AM
That's what PayPal is for.;)

slam
08-28-2009, 06:14 AM
As far as I know Deth still is in Pummel, he just ran into time problems and appologised to me for it. DA Dragonslayer pulled out of pummel, he said he'd let you guys know, but you can go ahead and remove him.

Hanzou
08-28-2009, 08:11 AM
Alright, with that news from Slam (and still no word from any of the other guys), I can put up the official rankings for September.