PDA

View Full Version : I Challenge Somebody To A Street Fight!!!

davechisholm
07-23-2009, 03:33 PM
preferably somebody who is way awesome at drawing.
(maybe preferably who is ranked higher than me in PUMMEL? i'm like #17 middle weight)

topic: spider-man.

due-date: sunday night, midnight.

bring your sauce.

hadesillustrations
07-23-2009, 03:51 PM
I'm in. I need to practice the web-head.

davechisholm
07-23-2009, 03:52 PM
I'm in. I need to practice the web-head.

i am going to get my balls kicked in!

Telekinetic Ketchup
07-23-2009, 03:53 PM
too freaking cool.

hadesillustrations
LOL!

Still laughing.

dfbovey
Well, you wanted someone higher in rank... and you got the future heavyweight champion :)

You must hook some really big fish when you go fishin'.

I was thinking about taking the challenge before Alex jumped on it.

hadesillustrations
07-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Dave, I promise to be gentle.

davechisholm
07-23-2009, 04:03 PM
Dave, I promise to be gentle on your genitals.

hahaha

dude sunday night isn't that far away. GET CRACKING!!!

my piece is started. it's a fun ditty. should have it done hopefully tonight?? i don't really like to take a shitload of time on stuff.

i don't know why i'm writing this.

ok. i'm way stoked for this.

oh, and bovey! if i can put up a goooood fight, can i be bumped up to heavyweight?!??!???!?????!??!??!?????!??!?!????
;)

dfbovey
07-23-2009, 04:09 PM
I'll tell you what, I'm thinking about making 3rd way for people to advance in class. Beat 3 people in a higher class in a streetfight and you can advance to that class. You could be the 19th ranked Middleweight, but if you beat 3 heavyweights in streetfights You can jump ahead.

Just kinda thinking out loud with this.

Manji
07-23-2009, 04:13 PM
I'll tell you what, I'm thinking about making 3rd way for people to advance in class. Beat 3 people in a higher class in a streetfight and you can advance to that class. You could be the 19th ranked Middleweight, but if you beat 3 heavyweights in streetfights You can jump ahead.

Not a bad idea. Especially for some lightweights eager to jump ahead to middleweight. Plus there are a few middleweights that could pull it off in my opinion.

davechisholm
07-23-2009, 07:35 PM
Not a bad idea. Especially for some lightweights eager to jump ahead to middleweight. Plus there are a few middleweights that could pull it off in my opinion.

not that i am going to beat 3 heavyweights or anything.
i was just curious.

:-)

I"M PUMPED FOR THIS!

Telekinetic Ketchup
07-23-2009, 07:45 PM

man in that case I've only got 2 midweights to beat to get up there, I like that Idea but I don't know if its fair being that I gayed out for the main challenge. But its a cool idea if anything I definately think Dave should be a heavyweight.

ArmstrongArts
07-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Hmm, that makes things very interesting.

Chris Major
07-23-2009, 11:22 PM
Make it 3 in a row and it could work.

Question: what about class demotion, though? Because with that sort of stuff everyone can wind up Heavyweight over time.

davechisholm
07-24-2009, 12:49 AM

Question: what about class demotion, though? Because with that sort of stuff everyone can wind up Heavyweight over time.

maybe 3 consecutive losses to your own rank or lower demotes you?

Da-Dragonslayer
07-24-2009, 04:30 AM

I hear your thoughts Mr Bovey, loud and clear. By the powers vested in you, make it happen. >D

Da-Dragonslayer
07-24-2009, 04:37 AM
maybe 3 consecutive losses to your own rank or lower demotes you?

I say if you are a heavyweight you are a heavyweight. The thing though is you will just fall out of your ranking in that same division. It should take more than just 3 losses to someone in another division to take you out of heavyweight competitions. Show and prove in your division but if someone want to not improve and keep losing then they remain at the bottom.
This afterall is competition to hone ones skills rather than just moving up in rankings. Well at least that is my take on it.

I was thinking of challenging a few heavyweights myself. So any heavyweights out there that is up for a middleweight challenge just send your challenge to my dojo. Corner of Slayer Road and Dragon Avenue. Door # DA. Respect.

slam
07-24-2009, 05:08 AM
In all fairness, does it matter if you're heavyweight or not? In the end you can battle whoever you want. But maybe you should be allowed to challenge the titleholder for a match. If you win you are allowed to put up a new piece for another weigh in, if people vote you into a higher class you are granted access :D

Oh and before you go heavyweight dragonslayer, I think you owe me a match :D

ArmstrongArts
07-24-2009, 06:04 AM

If every one ends up heavyweight that would mean people get much, much better too. It is not going to be easy to beat a higher class than you are 3 times, it fact the probability is very low unless over a year or so you do 50 challenges and 3 forfeit. Three in a row is never gonna happen. (I will happily eat my words if it motivates someone to put their mind to it and do it.)

I agree that once you are a heavyweight or middle for that match you should stay there.

Telekinetic Ketchup
07-24-2009, 07:10 AM
3 consecutive wins meaning taking on 3 middleweights in a row or just not losing to any other middleweights inbetween these fights? or to rephrase myself would I have to "fight" 3 middleweights in a row or is it okay if I do 1 middleweight then a lightweight then another middleweight 5 lightweights and a middleweight" does that count aswell? And what if I lose to any of said lightweights but not to any of the middleweights? does that anull my streak?

davechisholm
07-26-2009, 06:41 PM
hey, guys.
i'm working until 9 pm MST and i'm planning on posting the poll after work. i want to re-upload my drawings for it because i'm unhappy with the compression at photobucket.