View Full Version : Anchorbird
05-17-2009, 03:48 PM
What is Anchorbird?
This is a new project spun-off from the Never-Ending Penciljack Strip Jam (http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88413). This is a webcomic, hosted separate from Penciljack, but using the vast talent of the people who post here. We are looking to eventually put this into print as well. This is being run by myself, Spidey, and Wild&Uncouth. If you'd like to read it, the comic is here: http://www.anchorbird.com/
Can I join?
Participation is invite-only. If you haven't been invited by one of the editors and don't see your name in the list of contributors below, please do not post a placeholder. If you have any questions, post them in the Discussion Thread: http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93701
If you would like to be invited, the best thing you can do is participate in the PJ Strip Jam here (http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88413). The participants below were mostly invited because they did good work in the strip jam.
An X denotes a missed deadline. Three strikes counts as a permanent ban from participating in Anchorbird.
ScottEwen - on break
Wild&Uncouth - on break
SeanRM - on break
Taro Mochi - on break
Turtle Boat X X
Aceschock - on break
jessemunoz - on break
There is a maximum of 16 participants, including the three editors. If you haven't posted a placeholder or participated in the last 30 days, you may be taken off the list of participants to make room for someone else. If you are going to be away or unavailable to draw for an extended period of time, let me know and I'll try to keep you on the list.
Post a placeholder below. If you post in this thread it will be assumed you're reserving a spot. Once the person before you in line has had their thumbnails approved, you'll be notified via PM and have two days to draw a simple thumbnail showing what you plan to do with your panel(s). For 12 hours after that, it's up for editorial discussion, and if there are no changes needed it gets approved. If your thumbnails need revision, you'll have an additional 24 hours to post a revised version or you'll be skipped. Once your thumbnails have been approved, you'll have two weeks to finish your panel(s) and post them on the blog.
You may have one page that you're working on at a time, and one additional placeholder. If your turn comes around again while you're still working on a previous page, that's fine, but until you post a finished page please don't post any more placeholders.
The maximum number of panels you can do in your half-page is 6. If you do more than 6, you'll have to revise it.
Try to keep the comic PG-13. Cursing, violence, and nudity is allowed as long as it serves a purpose and isn't gratuitous. When in doubt, leave it out.
Posting to the blog
Here's a tutorial I made for posting to the ComicPress site. Please follow the directions exactly to ensure the comic posts correctly: http://www.scottewenart.com/comicpresstutorial.jpg
Pages must be posted to the blog by 11:59 PM EST on the date they're due. If you post a page late to the blog, you'll get an Orange X. You get an X for every day past the deadline you don't post your page. Two Xs count as a Red X, and your page will be farmed out to other participants to finish. A red X means any placeholders you have in the thread will be deleted and you won't be able to post a placeholder for 14 days. Try not to miss deadlines, please.
Three red Xs is grounds for being removed from the list of participants permanently.
What format does my panel have to be in?
Because we're looking to print this as a comic eventually through a print-on-demand service, we ask that all panels are the same size, which is 9 inches wide by 7 inches tall. When reduced to print size, this is half of a comic page. In your half page you can do up to six panels, so it's your choice to do one splash panel or multiple panels.
When you create a web-sized version of your image, it must be 800 pixels wide, in 72 dpi resolution. No more, no less. You also should email a 300 dpi version of the art to ewen.scott @ gmail.com for the print version.
Can I include characters from movies/video games/comics, etc.?
No, we are looking to print this comic eventually, and many print-on-demand places won't take on a printing job if you don't own the characters. So for that reason you can introduce new characters all you want, but they must be your own creation.
If you introduce a new character to the story, please post a character design with color guide in the discussion thread. This is to maintain a uniformity of the look of the characters.
Moon Tyrant (http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1032641)
Costumes for Marty and Elsa (http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1034401)
Pattern on Elsa's sarong (http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1036264)
Mwytawr/Sentry Bird (http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1036792)
King's Guard/Ship (http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1040490&postcount=588)
Status: approved by Wild&Uncouth, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=15)
05-19-2009, 09:07 PM
1. Man - That's the craziest thing I've ever seen.
2. SFX - CHT CHT CHT
3. Kryder - KHHEEE!!
Status: approved by ScottEwen, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=16)
05-19-2009, 09:16 PM
Status: approved by ScottEwen, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=18)
05-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Is it cool if the designs and colors are off?
3. I'm sorry, I have no idea where that- this is. And how do you know English?
4. English? We don't. We have an enhanced cerebral cortex. You're brain is helping you process our thoughts simply by picking up the the enhanced electrical signal our brains are putting out. The signal is made of the very raw thoughts we think before we try to putting them into words.
Our minds are also sensitive enough to translate your thoughts. Our native language really sounds like this-
5. *jibberish font*!
7. Yes, I know. So what's you're name?
Status: approved by ScottEwen, page finished (hhttp://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=22)
05-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Status: approved by ScottEwen
05-25-2009, 11:54 AM
Status: approved by Wild&Uncouth, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=28)
05-26-2009, 05:40 AM
CAPTION - He's here! The high priest of shadows... THE MOON TYRANT!
Status: approved by ScottEwen, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=29)
05-27-2009, 05:20 PM
bah! I should be doing other things but i just can't help it....
EDIT:Hey Turtle Boat. I was just using SeanRM's design from post 99 on the Strip Jam/Webcomic Jam Official Discussion Thread (http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93701&page=10) Not sure what his colors are supposed to be.
Status: approved by Scott Ewen, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=31)
05-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Taro mochi, are you going to post a character sheet for the moon tyrant, or can i do it?
1) Talking Staff / Moon Tyrant: THE TIME IS NIGH.
2) Talking Staff / Moon Tyrant: COMMENCE THE RITUAL.
3) Body / Moon Tyrant: Yes my liege.
4) Anchorbird: GRRR!! My, this, this tattoo!!! It's burning into my skin!!
5) Marty: Woah! Anchorbird! You all right there? The thing's shining right into my eyeballs!
6) Marty: Uh, this may not be the best time, but they say that the last time the Moon Tyrant came, he also destroyed half of humanity...Just something to think about.
Status: approved by ScottEwen, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=45)
05-28-2009, 12:29 PM
1. quickly! anchor bird, our lives depend on us reaching the village!
3. The village....
4. ... is secure, we just cleared the last of the huts. affirmative sir. over and out.
5. Alright you Leathernecks,listen up! after dustoff, if you ain't on one of them birds back to the Mash, then your with me and Come nightfall we'll be march south to Hue city and tellin charlie he ain't welcome anymore. Best get some r&r well you can.
6. You hear that sims? hue city, when are the brass gonna...wake up....
7. wake up anchor bird! time is running out!
8. it's working! he's awake![/IMG]
Status: approved by Wild&Uncouth, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=46)
05-31-2009, 09:24 AM
1. Anchorbird: I just had the weirdest vision. I think I was a Marine and-
2. Marty: No time! We have to concentrate on getting as far away from here as possimable.
3. Elsa: Look! Old man Khan's rocket canoe. Let's hope it has some fuel left.
4. Elsa: Hey, what about Bodé? We can make room!
5. Marty: I'm sorry, Elsa we can't risk it. He's simply too fat and we won't be able to counter balance his weight on this super sweet rocket boat.
6. Elsa: No! -Head East away from the eclipse to Euh city boy, we'll meet with you there.
Status: approved by Wild&Uncouth, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=37)
06-02-2009, 06:52 PM
OOOoooh...i gets to draw a rocket canoe!
Elsa: Quick, Anchorbird, take a paddle!
AB: Uh...I thought you said "rocket" canoe.
Marty: Though the technology of the rocket canoe is quite advanced, the interface is designed so that anyone can operate it.
Old Man Khan: Hey, you punks! MAH BOAT!
Old Man Khan: take care of her (sniff).
Status: approved by Wild&Uncouth, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=42)
06-02-2009, 07:12 PM
I'll draw up some designs for Euh City later, but it's got futuristic skyscrapers, flying cars (or spaceships), a harbor with boats, and remember it's still dark because of the Double Solar Eclipse. Actually, let's say in the last panel the suns are starting to come out again so it's getting lighter. The time of day is still morning.
(1) Anchorbird: Euh City? Now why does that sound familiar?
(2) Marty: Oh, you've been there before, I take it?
(3) Anchorbird Before...? No... I don't think so. Didn't you just welcome me to your planet?
(4) Elsa: Bydammiragl? Ha... no, that's just the name of our island. No, you're on the planet Colthoria, Anchorbird. And that up ahead...
(5) Elsa: That is Euh City.
(6) Marty: Elsa, bring the canoe into that harbor. Next stop: The Village.
Status: approved by Wild&Uncouth, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=49)
06-03-2009, 01:07 AM
I'm not killing them.
panel2: (1) anchorbird: what is happening to me?!
panel3: (2) marty: elsa, steer us away from the village
(3) marty: anchorbird's birthmark looks like its going to explode!
panel4: (4) marty: we have to---
Status: approved by Wild&Uncouth, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=50)
06-03-2009, 11:33 AM
1. Moon Tyrant - How perfect...
2. Moon Tyrant - A sign to show us the way.
3. Moon Tyrant - Onwards fool!
4. Moon Tyrant - The ritual has only just begun.
Status: approved by ScottEwen, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=53)
06-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Wanted to establish that the advanced psychic ability of communication that Martys race has extends to the city as one functioning organism. It is obvious that the city is aware of the moon tyrants return and so the sentry birds are out. Also wanted to start a little love interest with Anchorbird and Elsa.
1. Anchor bird - What happened?
2. Marty - I think with your lack of memory, the city views you as a threat.
You will have to pass the ritual of Laddwch Mwytawr.to gain it’s trust.
3. Elsa - A sentry bird DOWN HERE!
4. Sentry bird - Grark.
5. Elsa - you will need this.
6- Marty - I will talk to the council to see if they can bypass the city’s defenses.
7. Anchor bird- But… you're just going to leave me here?
Status: approved by ScottEwen, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=55)
06-04-2009, 08:43 PM
1. AB: Great....Now What?
2. The Big D: Holt....You are the being called AnchorBird! You must pass our ritual of Laddwch Mmytawr to enter our lands.
3. AB:What in the....
4. AB: No! I've lost the knife.
5. The Big D: You've completed your trails. Thank You, AnchorBird. Dropping your knife, Has proven you are no threat to us or our people.
6. AB: So, you're not going to kill me?
7. The Big D: Certainly not, we are a peaceful People. We only fight if we are provoked. We will bring you to our king. Please no more questions. All will be answered....Soon.
Caption: High over the city Marty and Elsa make their decent to the high council.
8. Elsa: Look father, they are bringing AnchorBird with them....The Ritual is over. The Defenses have been disarmed.
9. Marty: I can only thank the Gods Elsa, that you believed in that boy to do the right thing.
10. Elsa: Father, AnchorBird was the one to make the choice by dropping the knife and not attacking.
Hope that works for you!
Status: approved, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=57)
06-04-2009, 11:40 PM
1.Radio- Be advised, we have a major energy disturbance in section 2-2268. all available units please respond.
2. pilot-sorry pal, thats us. We gotta go, the kings men are waiting for you at the end of the dock. good luck to you sir.
3. old woman-fear not traveler, your memories will return.
4. old women- The Journey to this place is not an easy one. The mind has no other way of dealing with it...so it forgets.
5. Anchor Bird- who are you? how do you know all this?!?
6. Old woman- My name is Josie. I know this because before I woke up in the place, I was in seattle. A place that I arrived in on boat that departed from Boston. I was one of eleven women to make the journey.
7. old woman (Josie)- The date was May 16th. 1865.
Status: approved, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=59)
06-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Do you think Anchorbird wishes he has shoes at this point?
1. Josie - Go now; the King's men are waiting for you.
2. AB - But...
3. Josie - Don't worry. We will meet again!
4. Josie - Here, take this with you. Keep it hidden.
5. AB - Wha-what is it?
6. Josie - A Magic Whistle, of course!
King's guards uniform:
Their slick ride:
Status: approved, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=61)
06-07-2009, 02:00 AM
Hold that place!
For Your Consideration:
1.) Anchorbird - Alright...I get the whistle part, but in what way exactly is this thing...
2.) Anchorbird - ...magic?
3.) Anchorbird - Old lady?
4.) Guard 1 - The hell's he talking to?
5.) Guard 2 - You got me. Five noguborts says King G'nik throws him in the pit.
6.) Guard 1 - You're on.
7.) Anchorbird - ...Hello?
EDIT: Here's the design for the traitorous king's guard who shows his true colors in Scott's next panel. The rest of his outfit looks just like CaseyCP's design, which can be found here (http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1040490&postcount=588).
Status:approved, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=63)
06-07-2009, 02:32 AM
1. Pilot: We are entering section 2-2268 and so far everything looks clear. Wait, we see the disturbance.
2. Pilot: Please ceases and desist. We do not want to harm you but--
3. Moon Tyrant: None shall interfere with the beginning of the ritual of Nhaalis
Status: approved, page finished (http://www.jessemunoz.com/test/anchorbird_jesse2.jpg)
06-08-2009, 02:22 AM
1.No more caption here.
2. Pilot 1: No... It can't be... the Moon Tyrant! Get the rockets ready for launch.
3. Pilot 2: We need to wait fer backup.
4. Transmission Caption: Unit 2815, We are sending 12 additional units to your location. They will be there in five minutes. Do not, I repeat, Do not engage....(sound effect) bbbzzzzzzzzzzz.
5. Pilot 2: We aint' got time fer backup...FIRING ROCKET ONE!
6. Moon Tyrant: Fools! Prepare for your undoing!
7. Moon Tyrant: Your Army is but a small anthill to my power! The Fate of your city is sealed. Nothing will stop me....Nothing!
I cut the (1) caption just to let you know.
Also did the edits.
Hope this works.
Status: approved, page finished (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2472/3672016868_d6e2c95b6e_o.jpg)
06-08-2009, 11:38 PM
ANCHORBIRD looking out the window of the ship.
1. ANCHORBIRD: SO we're going to see the king, huh?
2. KINGS GUARD 1: That's ri--
3. KINGS GUARD 2: Not exactly.
4. AB and KG1: What?
5. KG2: We've been waiting countless years for the return of our true king, and now he's come.
6. KG1: You... you're a Lleuadist!
KG2 impales KG1 with a dagger.
7: KG2: I'm sorry, Jonathan.
8: AB: Oh my god! You just killed that guy.
9. KG2: The Church of Lleuadism can only assume our King's return is due to your arrival in our city, Anchorbird.
10. KG2: I'm taking you to meet the Moon Tyrant.
11. AB: Oh shit.
Status: Approved, page finished (http://www.scottewenart.com/webcomic_jam/page24letters.png)
06-11-2009, 04:54 PM
1. BOX: "EUH CITY'S CAPITAL BUILDING"
2. MARTY: "THANK YOU FOR CALLING A COUNCIL MEETING ON SUCH SHORT NOTICE, YOUR MAJESTY."
3. KING G'NIK: "YOU'RE MY GODSON, MARTY. ANYTHING FOR YOU. BESIDES, THAT BOY NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED QUICKLY. HIS APPEARANCE SEEMS TO BE LINKED TO THE CURSED ONE!"
4. ELSA: "ANCHORBIRD SHOULD BE RIGHT BEHIND US, YOUR MAJESTY."
5. MARTY: "HE'S SPECIAL, YOUR MAJESTY. HE PASSED THE LADDWCH MWYTAWR TRIAL IN RECORD TIME!"
6. MARTY: "LOOK! HERE COMES HIS ESCORT!"
7. MARTY: "WHAT THE?! THE SHIP'S TURNED 'ROUND! IT'S HEADING TOWARDS THE WARZONE!"
(ELSA: "OH NO!")
8. G'NIK: "CAPTAIN GORTNOQ! TELEFLAG THAT SHIP!"
9. GORTNOQ: "YES, YOUR MAJESTY. ... THEY'VE GOT BLINDERS UP! I CAN'T MAKE CONTACT."
10. G'NIK: "TREACHERY! THOSE LLEUADISTS WILL DAMN US ALL! WE MUST INTERCEPT THAT SHIP!"
11. G'NIK: "CAPTAIN! DISPATCH SPECIAL AGENT GRUESMARK!"
(Artist's Note: Captain Gortnoq's weapon is a machete. Y'know, because they live in the jungle.)
06-11-2009, 05:04 PM
1. Marty - "What could that pilot be thinking?"
2. King - "The pilot will be dealt with, after your friend is clear of the Cursed One."
3. King - "Special Agent Gruesmark will surely bring him back safely."
4. Marty - "Who is this Gruesmark?"
5. King - "He is the last of the lost race of Dynastinae, and one of my strongest and most loyal soldiers."
I ended up ditching one of the caption blocks in the bottom panel, so disregard the captions on the rough.
Gruesmark's design guide - http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/SeanJKS/GRUESMARK.jpg
Status: approved, page finished (http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/SeanJKS/AB-Page25-web.jpg)
06-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Lleuadist King's Guard to Gruesmark: "Get off my plane!"
Panel 1/ The traitorous guard and Anchorbird in the ship.
1.) Ship's Computer - Proximity Alert!
2.) Guard - Who could be...
Panel 2/ The windshield of the ship is being torn off by Gruesmark.
3.) Guard - Gruesmark?!
Panel 3/ Gruesmark is reaching in toward Anchorbird, who's scared out of his mind.
4.) Gruesmark - (alien language)*
5.) Anchorbird - AAAAAH! A monster!
6.) Caption - *Anchored one, take my hand!
Panel 4/ The guard is tackling Gruesmark out of the ship.
7.) Guard - For the one true kiiiiing!
Panel 5/ Anchorbird looks shocked and confused.
8.) Anchorbird - What the...
9.) Ship's Computer - Autopilot engaged. ETA to destination: one minute.
Panel 6/ Ship's dashboard in foreground. In the distance, the Moon Tyrant is demolishing a small army of those green, tentacled ships.
Status: approved, page finished (http://www.rianmiller.com/anchorbird/anchorbird002_color_72.jpg)
06-15-2009, 11:23 PM
1) Anchorbird: Oooh crap...
2) Anchorbird: ....... (The ship automatically lands on the dock.)
3) Moon Tyrant (Head): Hmm?!
4) Moon Tyrant (Head): Fufufufuufuhahaha. Tis' truly fate for the "Beast of Samsara" to appear before me.
5) Moon Tyrant (Body): The Ritual of Nhaalis tis' commencing smoothly my liege.
* The background is the burning tentacled ships.
6) Anchorbird: Whoa, hey! Uh...nice day out isn't it?
7) Moon Tyrant (Body): Indeed. Tis' truly a nice day. TO DIE.
Status: approved, page finished (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/hancookx/anchorbird2official.jpg)
06-20-2009, 01:22 AM
Anchorbird and the Moon Tyrant come face to face on the docks.
1. Moon Tyrant Head - Be silenced Slave!
2. Anchorbird - Uh, I don't really know--
3. Moon Tyrant Head - Silence! Your role in the ritual of Nhaalis shall now begin.
4. Moon Tyrant Head - With you here I can now revive my true form from the depths of this wretched planet and take my place as the true king.
5. Moon Tyrant Head - Your shape has changed since we last met, "Samsara" but your mark has remained.
6. Moon Tyrant Head - and I see the fear in your eyes. But worry not.
Close up of Moon Tyrant.
7. Moon Tyrant Head - I only need your ar--
Gruesmark kicks the head of the Moon Tyrant.
8. Gruesmark - (alien language)
9. Gruesmark - (alien language)--tyrant. The prohecy of your return shall not be fullfilled.
10. Gruesmark - King G'Nik knew not to trust you.
The head rolls to Anchorbird's feet.
Close up of Gruesmark fighting the body of the Moon Tyrant sans head.
11. Gruesmark - Anchorbird, you must flee and return the stone to the King. You must hurry. I'll stall the Moon Tyrant's body!
Anchorbiord with the head of the Moon Tyrant running into the forest.
12. Anchorbird - =huff= =huff=
Status: approved, page finished (http://www.jessemunoz.com/test/anchorbird4_jesse.jpg)
06-20-2009, 08:37 AM
A small group of kryders are grazing or whatever in a small clearing next to some thick jungle brush.
AB comes smashing through the jungle brush at a full sprint, panicked. The kryders scatter in all directions, startled.
1. ANCHORBIRD: "Oh god! Oh god!! Oh GOd!!! Why did I run into the jungle?! I'm frikkin' lost, man!"
AB smashes into something with his face. His nose gets bloodied.
2. AB: "Ok. Calm down, me. Gotta keep it toge—"
3. SFX: POW!
4. AB: "URK!!!"
AB lays on the ground, still clutching the Moon Tyrant's head. He looks up at Bodé in dazed relief as Bodé munches on a kryder. There's an AB faceprint in Bodé's right hindquarter.
5. AB: "Bodé?! OH! Hey there, buddy! You scared me."
6. BODE: "crunch munch crunch"
A shadowy figure lunges at AB while he's still distracted and woozy.
7. AB: "So Bodé, you're from around here. Which way's ho-"
8. SHADOW FIG: "MONSTER!"
9: AB: "?!"
The Lleaudist pins and is now straddling AB. He whips the Moon Tyrant's head up in his hands as he prepares to bring it down on AB's skull! AB holds his hands up protectively.
10. LLEAUDIST: "Prepare to die for the one true king!"
11. LLEAUDIST: "FOR IN ALL GLORY..."
12. LLEAUDIST: "THERE MUST BE..."
13. LLEAUDIST: "SACRIFICE!!!"
Here's my battle-damaged Lleaudist. The costume might change a bit depending on what Scott has in his panel. It looks like he nixed the big straps going across the chest, and he may have made the shirt long-sleeve. However it turns out, the battle-damaged Lleaudist's left shoulder and arm has had any and all fabric torn away from it. I'm still assuming that eyestalks are a somewhat common trait of the people of Euh City, so I have his left eye ripped to shreds and dangling around. Pretty gross.
06-20-2009, 06:08 PM
1. AB - Holy shi-
2. AB - Oh God, NO! Oh no no no! Get 'im off! Get 'im off!!!
3. JM - Laddy, Ya need ta grow a pair.
4. AB - Who... Who the hell are you?
5. JM - They call me McFinney. I work for King G'nik. I'm here ta get yar bacon out of the fire. That's all ya need to know.
6. AB - OOF!
7. JM - 'Ere. Hold on ta this, will ya? I'm gonna need my hands free.
8. JM - Follow my lead and I will get ya to the capital in one piece. If not? Then lotsa luck to ya, Laddy.
9. AB - Sounds good, right, Bodé? Let's get outta this stupid jungle. Hey, McFinney- wait up!
This has to be better.
Status: approved, page finished (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3551/3770842319_f92a631833_o.jpg)
06-21-2009, 11:31 PM
1, AB I’m Anchorbird
2. JM Anchorbird? What the hell kind of name…
3. AB Marty and Elsa said they had to pick a name.
4. JM Hee hee Those two and their odd sense of humor. Anchorbird snort.
5. JM C’mon boys double-time. We need to hurry.\
6. JM Anchorbird What a bonehead name.
In the mid panel Anchorbird is blushing kind of hard to convey in inks.I was going for showing Jm as a macho bully kind of guy. Making fun of names, telling people to grow a pair.
Status: approved, page finished (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/godwin_1965/anchorbird3-1.jpg)
06-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Anchorbird and McFinney walking through the jungle. AB is grabbing his tattoo like it's starting to burn again.
1) McFinney: "Stay frosty, lad. This jungle has more than a few ways to push us off the mortal coil. If we don't step softly we'll never make it to Euh City."
2) No speaker: "Euh City."
3)Anchorbird: "Hue City..."
Panels 2, 3 and 4 will be in a monotone flashback sequence. In this panel the previously shown squad of vietnam-era marines are bunkered in around the front of a halfway bombed out building.
4) Captain: "Hue City's south end is being heavily bombarded by marine artillery. First Recon found a massive, strange-looking object in the basement of this building here on the north end. Command has ordered us to babysit it until they can bring in some eggheads to figure out what it is. All I know is that it looks old... really old, and whoever made it has been gone a long time."
Closer shot of the captain, a few marines looking intently in his direction.
5) Captain: "I want one man guarding the object at all times. The rest of us will stay topside and set up a defensive perimeter."
Close up of sims, who looks curiously like Anchorbird.
6) Captain (off panel): "Sims, you're on first watch down there. It'll be your hide if you even think about falling asleep."
Anchorbird is asleep on the jungle floor. McFinney is standing above him.
7) McFinney: "Falling asleep, at this time?! You need to stop dragging like an anchor and start earning the OTHER half of your name, laddy!"
Status: approved, page finished (http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt353/stevemcbride82/anchorbird1final.jpg)
06-27-2009, 12:10 AM
all of GRUESMARK's balloons will have <arrows> meaning they are translated.
1. GRUESMARK : This is a moment that will live on in the history books of our land. You are nothing without your body.
2. MOON TYRANT : You are a fool, Gruesmark.
3. GRUESMARK : Your insults mean nothing to me. Your reign of fear over this land has ended.
4. GRUESMARK : Ahhhh!
5. MOON TYRANT : You pathetic stooge.
6. MOON TYRANT : You are now my new instrument of death. Take me to your so-called King.
New changes are minor. colors are the same. longer antennas and shoulder pads.
Status: approved, page finished (http://www.jessemunoz.com/test/anchorbird_jesse5.jpg)
06-30-2009, 06:45 PM
First panel split between monotone flashback mode and normal.
Anchorbird (Sims) in his fatigues on guard smoking a cigarette.
1. Soldier: Hey Sims, you're relieved. Looks like HQ radioed in a green beret that "happened" to be in the area to help us out. Name's...
2. No speaker: McFinney.
McFinney slaps Anchorbird, bringing him back to the present.
3. McFinney: Snap out of it, lad!
4. McFinney: Perhaps you should ride this beast, lest you have another "spell". He seems to like you.
5. McFinney: Once we cross these ruins, it'll be a straight shot to the city.
6. Anchorbird: Whoa. Hey, this thing is doing something!
A beam from the Moon Tyrant head-stone zaps Anchorbird between the eyes!
Status: approved, page finished (http://caseycp.com/stuff/anchorbird_pg34.png)
07-01-2009, 10:59 PM
Place that holder!
I've got two ideas for this 1/2 page and I can't decide which to go with. I'll do my rough tomorrow after work and post it up here sometime in the evening.
Aaaaaaaaand here we go:
Panel 1/ The dismembered head/stone of the Moon Tyrant's slave body is performing some sort of mind-meld with Anchorbird. Strange and mysterious visuals fill the background of the panel.
Panel 2/ McFinney rushes toward Anchorbird and Bode.
1.) McFinney - Quickly, Bode! We must sever the mental link before- -
Panel 3/ A menagerie of musical notes fill the panel as the mind-meld between Anchorbird and the head/stone is broken.
Panel 4/ Anchorbird lies on the ground looking bewildered, rubbing his head. The Moon Tyrant's head/stone, now harmless, lies beside him. The magic whistle tweets a note from within Anchorbird's pants pocket.
2.) Anchorbird - McFinney? What...
Panel 5/ McFinney raises his goggles/removes head gear. He looks surprised by what's just occurred.
3.) McFinney - I say...is that a magic whistle in your pocket or are you happy to see me?
Status: Approved, page finished (http://www.rianmiller.com/anchorbird/anchorbird003_color_72.jpg)
07-02-2009, 12:58 PM
1.JM: There ya go, laddy. Back on yar feet.
2.AB: Thanks, Mcfinney.
3.AB: I wish this thing would just shut up already!
4.AB: Weird. it's never done this before.
SFX:Whistle sound going from Panel two to three.
5.GRUESMARK/MT: First King G'nik, then his City! This world will be....be...
6.GRUESMARK/MT: What is happening?! What is that noise in my mind?! N-N-Noooo!
GRUESMARK/MT Crashes into the far end of the ruins from where AB and McF are!
7.AB: Hey, The whistle stopped! What the hell was that?
8.JM: If my eyes haven't deceived me, that was GRUESMARK. But it looked like there was something off about him. Let's go have a look'see and help the MOLLY* out. He could get us to the King much quicker with those wings of his.
* MOLLY is Irish slang for a girl. McFinney calling Gruesmark names is a good way of showing the friendly rivalry between races and soldiers.
Status: approved, page finished (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2461/3806421833_f217c5068e_o.jpg)
07-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Didn't know how much the stone/orb was broken in larq2525's panel. Looks pretty solid in the thumbnail or maybe just a crack. If it's split I can have it bandaged up in panel 3 and broken in panel 2. Or if it's completely smashed I'll redo it all. Just let me know. :) Oh and not sure what the ruins look like so nothing concrete about them in my panel. I'll just go with whatever the previous guys come up with. And no definite designs on the ghosts. Just shadowy figures now with eyes. If people want to warp or detail them, go right ahead. Can be dangerous or benign. Up you guys.
1:Anchorbird: You think Gruesmark is okay?
2:McFinney: I'm sure he's fine. Tough bastard. Should be easy enough to find.
3.McFinney: Hey! Grab that orb off the ground, kid. Looks like ya broke it, but it still might be of some use. Bah! The king will know what to do with it. Let's go.
4.Anchorbird: What is this place?
5.McFinney: Don't think it has a name any more.
6.McFinney: It's the old country. Legends say it was once a great kingdom... greater than any that could ever be imagined.
7.McFinney: But then the Moon Tyrant was summoned, and all of it was destroyed. I wouldn't have believed any of it before, but after today... Damn...
8.McFinney: Oh and I'd watch yar step in this place, laddy. Plenty o' ghosts haunting these ruins.
9.Anchorbird: Uh, ghosts?
Status: approved, page finished (http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3701/topygv.jpg)
07-03-2009, 11:28 AM
CHURCH LEADER: It appears we have some intruders.
McF: Keep back, laddy. I've seen these eejits before. Lleuadists.
AB: Lleuadists? Like that guy with the silly-beard? What do they want?
CL: It's not what we want. It's what our king wants.
McF: They're talkin' 'bout the Moon Tyrant. Bunch of freaks, ya ask me.
LLEUADIST2: High curate! scouts report seeing the King's guard, Gruesmark, crashing in the north side of the ruins.
CL: Find him and kill him.
Hooded poncho, leather gauntlets, ceremonial knife, and necklace to signify willing to lose head to become host. Self mutilated ears, just because he is the main zealot, so he is the chief bull goose looney. Pants no shirt by choice.
Status: approved, page finished (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/godwin_1965/ab4.jpg)
07-04-2009, 09:15 PM
The High Curate raises the Moon Orb above his head as church members surround AB and McF.
1. HIGH CURATE: My brothers, the Moon Orb has been delivered to us. When our king arrives to reclaim it, we shall be rewarded beyond our wildest dreams!
AB and McF are being searched. A guard takes McF's knife in a well regulated and thorough search of a POW.
2. McF: Laddy, a fine mess you've gotten us into. Haven't been a part of an operation that went this sour since the dolittle raid back in 42'.
AB's arms are being tied behind his back. He has a strange look on his face.
3. NON-IMPORTANT GUARD #3: Hold still, dog! We wouldn't want you to escape before our king arrives.
4. AB: Do...little raid? why do I know what that means?
AB and McF are marched off to an uncertain fate as two people watch safely from a nearby hill top. The High Curate walks with the Moon Orb held high in the air.
5. WILLIAM: Looks like your boy's in more trouble then you thought, Ms. Josie.
6. HIGH CURATE: Yes, brothers! Move the non-believers into the temple while we prepare for the arrival of our king!!!
Josie and her accomplice are on the hill watching the scene unfold.
7. JOSIE: Fear not, William. Everything is happening as it is meant to.
Status: Approved, page finished (http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10/ShogunJL/anchorbird39web.jpg)
07-16-2009, 06:53 PM
It's pretty wordy, but it'll all fit.
01. CAPTION: Meanwhile...
02. ELSA: I don't know how you two do it, Your Majesty.
03. G'NIK: Hm?
04. G'NIK: How we do what, my dear?
05. ELSA: I don' know how you can be so calm at a time like this!
06. ELSA: We're in a crisis!
07. G'NIK: Patience, Elsa. It's called patience. It's very boring but you get better at it with age.
08. MARTY: *Zzzzzzz*
09. ELSA: If you say so, Your Majesty.
10. ELSA: It looks like Dad just gets better at drooling on himself.
11. GORT: Your Majesty, I have news.
12. G'NIK: You've found the boy?
13. GORT: No Sir. Nor Gruesmark. But we're close.
14. G'NIK: Well what then? Out with it.
15. GORT: We've recovered the Cursed One's *ahem* 'body.'
16: G'NIK: The VESSEL?!
17. G'NIK: All is not lost!
18. G'NIK: Bring it directly to me, Captain. Report back as soon as you've found the boy. We are all praying for his safe return.
19. GORT: Yes, Your Majesty.
20. ELSA: What did the Captain say, Your Majesty?
21. G'NIK: The Sun Gods are smiling down on us, my dear!
22. G'NIK: They've left us a gift as they set, and with this gift comes hope!
ELSA CASUAL WEAR
07-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Karl's rough isn't exactly approved yet apparently, but I got the go-ahead to work mine up, so here it is. I'll draw up some designs of the all new, all bloody Moon Tyrant's Body and some of the other characters when my rough is approved.
Panel 1/ Gortnoq and a few of the king's guards are on the beach where AB first met MT (Moon Tyrant) and Gruesmark.  Gortnoq oversees the proceedings as Guard 1 picks up the MTB (Moon Tyrant's Body).
1.) Gortnoq - Quickly men, we need to locate Gruesmark and the- -
Panel 2/ Guard 1 is freaking out as MTB's arms begin to move.
2.) Guard 1 - Captain! The body's moving!
3.) Gortnoq - That's impossible! It has no- -!
Panel 3/ MTB grabs Guard 1 by the neck.
4.) Guard 1 - AAAAAHHH- -!
Panel 4/ Gortnoq, surrounded by the remaining guards, stands ready for a fight, his machete in hand.
5.) Gortnoq - At the ready, men! Dear Solar Lords...
Panel 5/ Close-up on the decapitated body of Guard 1, which lays on the ground at MTB's feet.
6.) MTB - Ah, much better...
Panel 6/ MTB, now with the severed head of guard 2 hovering atop it's shoulders as the black stone used to, looks devilishly at Gortnoq and his troops. The severed head can show all the emotions it did before it was decapitated, and it drips blood from it's neck stump down onto the body of the Moon Tyrant.
7.) MTB - Could you gentlemen spare a few minutes to talk about the church of Lleuadism?
Status: approved, page finished (http://www.rianmiller.com/anchorbird/anchorbird004_B&W_72.jpg)
07-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Panel 1: ANCHORBIRD and McFINNEY are tied to poles in the middle of the ruins. McF has a black eye and bloody mouth. The HIGH CURATE holds the Moon Orb up in the air while the Lleuadists cheer.
(1) AB: Well, it was nice knowing you, McFinney.
(2) McF: Don't worry, these Lleuadists are no match fer Agent Gruesmark. Any second now he'll be comin' to rescue us, laddy.
(3) HC: For centuries, we have awaited the return of our lord, our king, our GOD. And now...
(4) HC: He! Has! RETURNED!
(5) LLEUADISTS: Solas! Solas!
Panel 2: The HC turns back to AB.
(6) HC: And so, my friends, has the Samsara.
(7) L: Boo! Kill him! End his miserable life!
(8) AB: Hey, listen guys, I think you have me mistaken for someone else...
Panel 3: The HC pokes AB's tattoo while AB winces. His tattoo glows.
(9) HC: No, Samsara, I do not think we do.
(10) AB: Ow! Hey, watch it!
Panel 4: The HC places the Moon Orb in a hole on a stand atop the platform.
(11) McF: You already have the Moon Tyrant's head! What more do you want from us?
(12) HC: The Moon Orb? Ha... no, it belongs to the VESSEL. It is his conduit... his COPA. But he cannot survive for long without it, and so he will be drawn here to it.
Panel 5: Close up on the HC.
(13) HC: Now, my friends. We wait.
Status: approved, page finished (http://www.scottewenart.com/webcomic_jam/page43letters.jpg)
07-23-2009, 04:35 PM
1 - GORT - Steady, men. We're not sure what he's capable of.
2 - Guard 1 - Why's it just standing there?
3 - Guard 2 - And why's he grinning like that?
4 - Gortnoq - It's already proven to be very unpredictable, so stay on guard!
5 - MTV - It's time. Thank you for being patient.
- MTV - Spooky Magic Talk
6 - Guard 1 - This can't be a good sign. What should we...
7 - Guard 2 - CAPTAIN!
Status: approved, page finished (http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/SeanJKS/AB-Page43-web.jpg)
07-23-2009, 09:23 PM
i'm in. let's do this.
1. AB: Urrgh! My arm! The pain is unbearable!
2. McF: I'll tell ya whatt's unbearable is when ya moan like a wee lass.
3. AB: It just keeps getting worse! I don't understa-
4. HC: SILENCE!
5. HC: You know nothing of pain yet, Samsara.
6. AB: Ugh.
7. HC: Remove him.
8. GUARD: Wha- Why?
Status: approved, page finished (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3430/3879803087_376dcdbbdb_o.jpg)
07-30-2009, 07:03 PM
High curate slashes guard's throat.
1. HC No one questions me
2. Guard glurk!
3, HC YOU! Cut him down now!
4. Guard 2 Yes high curate.
5. Josie This was not meant to happen !
6. William Josie! Do you want me to do something?
7. Josie OOHHH. Josie is doubled over in pain, while AB is being cut down in the background.
Status: approved, page finished (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/godwin_1965/ab5.jpg)
07-31-2009, 12:47 PM
William holding a passed out Josie
1. William: Josie!
Guard 2 getting ready to cut down AB
2. AB: Please! I have no idea whats going on!
3.Guard 2: I will try not to hurt you.
4. Guard 2: but I make to promises.
AB's eye begin to glow.
5. AB: NO!
AB breaks his bonds and chokes the G2
6. G2: No no no no no no no!
7. AB: (alien looking gibberish)
The guard being thrown miles from the ruins.
the Lludiests surround AB in fear.
8. Random guard: The Samsara has been unleashed!
Status: approved, page finished (http://www.jessemunoz.com/test/anchorbird_jesse6.jpg)
08-09-2009, 05:17 PM
No dialogue at all on this page. In case it's a little too sketchy:
AB punches a goon in the face. Top half of the head flies off at the jaw.
AB rips the arm off another goon.
Lucky goon number 3 gets ripped in twain.
Pop goes the weasel, and apparently this other goon's head.
Home run! AB swings yet another goon like a baseball bat. The goon flies off while his leg remains in AB's hands.
AB covered in blood, looking none too pleasant.
Status: approved, page finished (http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt353/stevemcbride82/anchorbirdnum2final.jpg)
08-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Panel 1/ Gortnoq and the guards stand their ground as the Moon Tyrant and his minions approach them.
1.) Gortnoq - Stand fast. The light of our lords shines within us!
2.) MTB - You Colthorians and your sunshine. Is the cool glow of the moon so different from the rays of your precious suns?
3.) Guard 1 - The solar gods have never inspired man to kill needlessly!
Panel 2/ Close-up on the MTB.
4.) MTB - If it's inspiration you desire, allow me to- -
Panel 3/ The Lleuadist thrown from the ruins in Jesse's last page lands on top of the MTB, knocking him to the ground.
5.) MTB - UHN!
Panel 4/ The MTB looks at the unconscious Lleuadist with confusion.
6.) MTB - ...What?
Panel 5/ Close-up of Gortnoq's determined face as he yells.
7.) Gortnoq - Now! Attack!!!
Status: approved, page finished (http://www.rianmiller.com/anchorbird/anchorbird005_color_72.jpg)
08-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Gortnoq and his boys attack!
MT rolls off the recently airborne Lleuadist.
MT: <SPOOKY MAGIC WORD!>
The shadow minions grow/mutate into shadowy tentacly things and grab the soldiers
MT: HA! HA! HA!, etc.
Status: approved, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=180)
08-16-2009, 04:56 PM
Guesmark/Moon Tyrant getting out of the mountain side hole he made hen he cashed into it.
1. Moon Tyrant - The noise that corrupted my mind is gone. We shall let nothing interfere with my power again.
The Lleuadists find Grue/MT
2. Lleuadist #1 - There he is up there!
3. Lleuadist #2 - Kill that filthy, Guesmark!
Grue/MT sees the Lleuadists
4. MT - Who is this rabble that would wish to foil with my plans?
The Lleuadists bow before the MT
5. Lleuadist #1 - It is him, our god! Praise be to you lord! The glorious Solas has returned!
6. Lleuadist #2 - Praise be to Solas!
7. MT - Rise and face your god.
7. Lleuadist #1 - Grrk!
Status: approved, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=175)
08-16-2009, 05:06 PM
(THIS IS COLTHORIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!)
Captain Gortnoq is throwing his machete at the Moon Tyrant as he and his men are being attacked by the shadow creatures. There are maniacal HA! HA! HA!'s drawn into the background.
01. BIG D PILOT: The shadows, Captain! They're tearing us apart!
02. GORTNOQ: This is MADNESS!!!
Gortnoq's machete slices the MT's new head in twain. The shadow creatures are breaking apart, releasing the soldiers in the background.
03. MT: HAHAHAHAHAHA- * (SFX: FWUK!)
Gortnoq is sheathing his sword and telecommunicating with King G'nik.
The Vessel has been pinned to the ground, Gulliver's Travels style, by three Big Ds. Random soldiers and personnel stand guard. The Vessel is shaking and struggling. The decapitated, bisected head lays harmless on the ground.
04. CAPTION BOX: Moments later...
05. G'NIK(teleballoon): It decapitated a soldier and wore him as a hat?!
06. GORT: In so many words, Your Majesty. It seems the Vessel has a mind of its own, and it's just as malevolent, if not moreso, than the rest of its parts. (into PANEL 4) ...But a copa is required in order for it to cast its shadow spells.
Closeup. King G'nik. The other side of the telecast. The table with books and the Sun Orb are in the background.
07. G'NIK: Can it still be transported, Captain?
08. GORT: Doubtful, Your Majesty. Even if we could, I would dare not put you within its reach.
09. G'NIK: Captain, you know my intentions! How can we proceed with my plan if I can't get near it?!
10. ELSA(off panel): I'll do it.
King G'nik looks over his shoulder at Elsa, standing confidently next to the Sun Orb. Marty is awake now, and she has everyone's attention.
11. GORT: ?!
12. G'NIK: Elsa, my dear, you know not what you say!
13. ELSA: True, I can't hear what the Captain is saying to you, Your Majesty. But I know that you are too important to your people to be put in harm's way. SO—
14. — Tell me what you need me to do.
08-20-2009, 04:57 PM
And now for the fist time in Anchorbird a child.
G’NIK - Elsa if you are absolutely sure , I will have your armor prepared. I will also have to brief you on my plan. Wait here. ( Elsa looks out the window towards a lower adjacent apartment to the king’s tower.)
CHILD - Mummy can’t I stay up and look at the stars?
MOTHER - You know of the danger my sweet.
CHILD - I’m not afraid of any moon monster! Mother closes window.
MOTHER - Then stay in with me, my brave little warrior. May the sun gods protect us all. ( Elsa has a look of steely reserve.)
G”NIK - Elsa are you ready?
ELSA - Yes your majesty.
“I don't mind you thinking I'm stupid, but don't talk to me like I'm stupid” Harlan Ellison
Status: approved, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=191)
08-20-2009, 07:04 PM
SO THERES DIALOG IN THE FIRST THREE PANELS - ON THE ROUGHS THE NUMBERS 1 2 3 AND 4 REFER TO ALL THE CAPTIONS IN PANEL FOUR. JUST SO EVERYONE IS CLEAR. OKAY?
(AS PANELS 1, 2, AND 3 PROGRESS WE CAN SEE AB IN THE REFLECTION OF AB'S EYE, AS IF TO SIGNIFY HE'S TRAPPED SOMEWHERE ELSE WHILE HIS BODY HAS BEEN TAKEN OVER BY WHATEVER HAS TAKEN HIS BODY OVER.)
MCFINY (OP) - YA KILLED THEM ALL, LAD! WHAT'S INSIDE YOU? I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT BEFORE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!
MCF (OP) - ANCHORBIRD! CAN YOU HEAR ME?
MCF (OP) - ARE YOU IN THERE?
P4 (WE ARE WHEREVER AB'S 'TRUE SELF' IS BEING HELD CAPTIVE. IT'S ALL SPACEY AND THERE'S KIRBY CRACKLE AND IT MAYBE LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING OUT OF AN OLD DOC STRANGE COMIC.)
1 - AB - I'M SOMEWHERE.. I CAN HEAR YOU.. BUT I DON'T THINK YOU CAN HEAR ME, BECAUSE I'M PRETTY SURE I'M NOT TALKING RIGHT NOW.
2 - AB -I'M NOT SCARED, THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE DISTANCE, NOT SURE IF IT'S HIM..
3 - WHERE DID HE PUT ME?
4 - DEMONIC F-ED UP VOICE - TO THINK THAT SAMSARA WOULD MANIFEST IN SUCH AN INFERIOR CREATURE IS, AT FIRST SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT, BUT THIS ONE... HE IS A TRUE KILLING MACHINE. A TESTAMENT TO THE ALMIGHTY MOON TYRANT HIMSELF. HE HAS PLEASED US.
Status: approved, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=199)
08-30-2009, 02:41 PM
ANCHORBIRD is in a bed, his face is bandaged up and his eyes are slightly open.
(1) ANCHORBIRD: Where... where did he put me?
(2) VOICE FROM OFF-PANEL: Sims! Hey, Sims! Wake up, buddy! SIMS!
(3) ANCHORBIRD: McFinney?
ANCHORBIRD is in a soldier hospital in Vietnam. A tattered curtain separates him from the rest of the room, and a black Marine holding a book sits in a chair next to the bed.
(4) MARINE: Mac WHO? You feelin' alright, Sims? You had me worried for a while, thought you wasn't gonna wake up.
(5) MARINE: Charlie hit our camp last night. The Sarge, most of our guys... well, they didn't make it. You was in that basement guarding that... THING. Pilgrim said you was --
(6) ANCHORBIRD: Who? Where's McFinney?
The MARINE looks concerned.
(7) MARINE: Hey man. I don't know no McFinney. Don't know no Sam Sarah either.
ANCHORBIRD's eyes wide.
(8) ANCHORBIRD: What did you say?
(9) MARINE (off-panel): SAM SARAH. You kept saying her name in your sleep. Who is she?
(10) ANCHORBIRD: Samsara...? Oh no... MCFINNEY! I need to get back! I need to...
Back at the ruins. On top of the spiral, the machine holding the Moon Orb is spinning, and purplish smoke spews out of the Moon Orb and spirals into the sky. All the Lleuadists are dead, several of the torches have gone out, and McFinney is nowhere to be seen. GRUESMOON and ANCHORBIRD stand atop the spiral.
(11) GRUESMOON: Ah, Samsara. I see the transformation has begun.
(12) GRUESMOON: A thousand times we have met, on a thousand worlds, and yet your choice of hosts never fails to amuse --
(13) ANCHORBIRD: ... GET BACK!
Waist-up shot of GRUESMOON. Both the mask and GRUESMARK's face are shocked.
(14) GRUESMOON: WHAT?!
Status: approved, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=202)
09-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Panel 1/ Anchorbird winds back, about to swing a punch at Gruesmoon.
1.) Anchorbird - Uh...I said...GET AWAY FROM THE ORB!
Panel 2/ Gruesmoon easily avoids Anchorbird's attack and snatches him by the neck with one hand.
2.) Anchorbird - Urk!
3.) Gruesmoon - Please...without Samsara you're not even a match for this host body. Speaking of which, this war zone obviously wasn't your doing...
4.) Gruesmoon - Where'd you put him? Where are you hiding the beast?
Panel 3/ In their little hidey-hole among the trees over-looking the scene, William is cradling a near-unconscious Josie.
5.) William - Josie, come back to me! How do you activate the whistle? You're the only chance that poor boy's got...
Panel 4/ Anchorbird, still in Gruesmoon's grasp, is being held face to face with the MT's head/Gruesmark's chest. Gruesmoon is squeezing AB's neck rather tightly.
6.) Anchorbird - Ne...ver...t-tell...
7.) Gruesmoon - Oh, you'll tell me what I want to know.
Panel 5/ Atop the ceremonial platform Gruesmoon now holds Anchorbird in the air at arm's length. In the foreground we see the silhouette of a figure hiding in the shadows.
8.) Gruesmoon - But why why protect these people? Are you even from this world?
9.) Silhouetted Figure (McFinney) - Sorry Gruesmark, ol' buddy...
Panel 6/ View down the barrel of McFinney's gun as he aims it carefully past the viewer and toward Gruesmoon at the zenith of the tower. McFinney himself looks like he's seen better days.
10.) McFinney - ...but it's either you or the whole bleedin' planet...
Status: approved, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=278)
09-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Hello everyone. Placing my first placeholder.
Panel 1 - McFinney fires his weapon
Panel 2 - Gruesmoon is too quick, places AB in front of the bullet's path. It enters AB's shoulder and flies past Grue's head.
2. GRUESMOON - uhh! Who--?
Panel 3 - Gruesmoon flings AB
3. GRUESMOON - I don't know who you are, but you are messing with something your feeble mind cannot possible understand.
Panel 4 - AB crashes into McFinney. Mcfinney loses his gun.
Panel 5 - Gruesmoon walks towards a McFinney, who is trying to get up. AB is out cold nearby.
5. GRUESMOON - What will happen tonight has been foreseen for a thousand years. Standing in my way will only delay the inevitable...
Panel 6 - Gruesmoon swings a killer punch.
6. GRUESMOON - ...and seriously upset me.
Status: approved, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=274)
09-02-2009, 07:21 PM
panel one- Mcfinney punched in the face
panel two- black screen
1. alright Jackie...I got ya, easy now buddy.
Panel three- b-25 mitchell bomber crashed in the Jungle. Mcfinney and william walking away from the crash.
2. William- we made it Jack...we're alright...
Panel four- Mcfinney wakes up william is holding him up.
3. Mcfinney- wha...what happened?
4. william- it's alright...you went flying a couple hundred yards through the jungle when grusmark tagged you.
5. Mcfinney- where's the kid! wheres anchorbird!
Panel five- the pair walk towards Josie who is sitting in the back of a hover car thing.
6. william- gone, Gruesmark took him and the orb and flew off, heading north.
7. Mcfinney- we need to get him back, will. If Joise right about him...
8. william- I know Jack, relax.
Panel six- close up on Mcfinney
9. Mcfinney- No! I don't think they can stop that thing! so if Josies right, and he's the one whose supposed to get us out of here...to get us home! then we need to get him, he's our only chance....
porridge peppered mcfinney:
Status: approved, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=284)
09-08-2009, 02:08 AM
Panel 1 Grusmoon flying towards the Euh City. The city will be far away.
Panel 2 Elsa pulling on her gloves.
Panel 3 Close up of Moon Tyrant smiling
Panel 4 Elsa buckling her belt
Panel 5 A Knocked out AB
Panel 6 Elsa enters the room with King G'nik and Marty chilling
1 Elsa - I'm ready.
Status: approved, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=270)
09-10-2009, 11:30 AM
GruesmarkMT and AB are struck by the city's purple lightning defense system. It looks pretty f*cking painful. The city can be seen in the background.
1. GNIK BOXES: Please understand, Elsa, the Vessel is not inherently evil. It’s been brainwashed for many lifetimes, and now acts out of fear and anger.
Long before the Moon Tyrant, The Vessel was known to our planet as The Plenipotentiary of the Sun Gods.
Carved out of the very rock of Colthoria by the gods, they adorned its shoulders with two copas imbued with their power. Its duty was to bestow all life on Colthoria with peace and prosperity.
After a period of many blessings, an unusual double-solar eclipse occurred, lasting for many years.
All of Colthoria was cut off from the Sun Gods' glory. life on the planet dwindled.
The Sun Gods’ steward consulted with the people, and it was suggested a journey to the moon was necessary in order to save everyone from a life of cold and darkness.
It was no easy feat, but The Plenipotentiary agreed to try.
It entrusted the smaller Sun Orb to the people to ensure that the Sun Gods’ glory was still present even if it failed in its task.
the Plenipotentiary did succeed in its mission. The moon’s orbit was changed, and Colthoria's surface was blessed by the Sun Gods' glory once more. But the Plenipotentiary did not return...
2. SFX: KEE-RACK!
3. MT: GEAARRRGGHH!!!
AB and GruesmarkMT and the Moon Orb are all in free fall, plummeting downwards towards the water.
4. GNIK BOXES: Many lifetimes later another double-solar eclipse occurred, and from the moon descended Colthoria’s long- lost hero.
But Its once bright pink copa was now faded and dim, and in its hand was clutched a staff- the cursed Staff of Nihaalis- which had been feeding on our guardian, now its slave, ever since the day it saved our planet.
This ‘Moon Tyrant’ craved more of the rich energy from the sun orbs. It knew of the second orb entrusted to the Colthorians, and demanded it be forfeited.
My very own bloodline had been charged wth keeping the orb safe. It was never surrendered.
So the Cursed One decimated our cities, but it did not stop there. For its final act, it stole the world’s children to replace the hidden sun orb. It called them its ‘missing meal.’
An entire generation died for this orb, and they had no say in the matter.
As it left with our blood, the monster announced that a ‘Beast of Samsara’ would eventually appear on Colthoria. once discovered, the two together would destroy our planet.
We have confirmed that the Lleuadists believe Anchorbird is the host for this ‘Samsara.’
Elsa, we are all in grave danger. We can only stall the Cursed One. But if we bring the Plenipotentiary back to the light of our Gods, our chances of survival will greatly improve!
Elsa swoops in on a Sentry Bird, in her cool new gear, the sun orb wrapped up in a pouch on her back. The Sentrybird has grabbed AB with one talon, but has missed the Moon Orb with the other. GruesmarkMT has hit the water with a big splash.
5. GNIK BOXES: The sun gods’ energy within our guardian has been sucked dry and replaced with darkness. The sun orb should eradicate all that darkness if it’s presented to it!
But you must be quick, Elsa!
we don’t want Anchorbird falling into the wrong hands!
6. ELSA: don’t worry, Anchorbird... ...I’ve got you!
09-12-2009, 09:54 PM
Jesse comin' in to save the day!
ok I don't have access to shocks post so here is the layout.
Gruestov falls into the water
1. GRUESTOV Box: GRRRAAHHH!!! These insolent scum have greatly improved their defenses since my last descent! They're fooling themselves if they think they are safe from me behind bolts of lightning, even in this vessel.
Gruestov collects his thoughts while swimming with the fishes. The Moon Orb is below him.
2. GRUESTOV Box: This vessel... I wonder if the vermin he has befriended know of the dark secrets of his true origin. "Last of his race" indeed.
3. GRUESTOV Box: He is quite impressive though, for a mortal. Resilient. He and the Vessel's orbs could keep me energized for eons.
Gruestov shoots out of the water
4. GRUESTOV Box: The Samsara won't escape my clutches again. Any attempts to stop the Ritual are futile.
Cool action shot of Gruestov dodging lightning like a pimp
Gruestov flies forward with determined, evil, purpose.
5. STAFF BALLOON: *Hmph* Futile.
Status: approved, page due September 30, 2009
09-13-2009, 03:03 PM
'Ello, gents. I have a bit of catching up to do it seems. PH.
Bird’s eye view of the Capt’s Big D on the beach. Anchorbird is sitting in front of Elsa.
1. Elsa: There's the Captain, right where he said he’d be!
2. Anchorbird: *mumble, mumble*
3. Elsa: Hang in there Anchorbird; this will be over soon.
The sentry bird lands on the beach as Captain Gortnoq is unloading the vessel that strapped to a hand truck type cart. À la Hannibal Lecter. Guards are attending to AB.
4. Capt. Gortnoq: Men, secure Anchorbird. He is a class 1 priority. Elsa! I'm glad you made it here safely! About the Vessel- It got weaker since we removed the copa and it's been completely immobile for about 10 minutes now. We strapped it down and loaded it up into a Big D. Anchorbird is still out of it I see.
5. Elsa: Yeah, he's been slipping in an out of consciousness since he was hit.
Elsa removing the sun orb from her bag and placing it at the vessel’s feet while a guard unstraps him and the others stand around it on the beach.
6. Elsa: Now, I need you to free the vessel.
7. Capt. Gortnoq: Too risky. Can you not just place the orb on its head? Won't that absolve it of its evil?
8. Elsa: King G’nik said the Vessel must choose to place the sun orb upon its own shoulders. If it were still under the Staff of Nihaalis’ spell it would reject the light.
9. Capt. Gortnoq: But it hasn’t even moved in-
Elsa cuts off the Captain.
10. Elsa: Trust in our King, Captain!
Anchorbird grabs his arm in pain while pilots try to get him into a Big D.
11. Anchorbird: Aaargh!
Mid-shot of Elsa and Capt. Gortnoq looking at Anchorbird in despair. Capt. Gortnoq is reaching for his sword.
12. Elsa: Anchorbird?
13. Capt. Gortnoq: His mark- the Lleusdalists may not have been so crazy after all(I'm leaving this in instead >D ). Be ready, men!
Repeat shot of panel 5, but now they’re both looking up instead of at Anchorbird. Capt. Gortnoq’s sword is drawn.
14. Elsa:Look Captain! Up in the sky. It’s Gruesmark! He’s ok!
Gortnoq has a very disturbed expression.
15. Off-panel: ’Tain’t Gruesmark, lassie!
Status: approved, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=361)
09-13-2009, 03:32 PM
Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
1. Capt. Gortnoq: Mcfinney?! Where have you been? Are you alright?
2. Mcfinney: No time for small talk, mate! We gotta shoot him down, now!
*Josie, William, and the hovercraft could be seen in the background.*
3. Capt. Gortnoq: What're you saying Mcfinney?! That's -
4. Mcfinney: Listen to me!
5. Mcfinney: Gruesmark is no more! The Moon Tyrant's possessed his body, and if we don't shoot him now, he'll come to kill us all!
6. Moon Tyrant: Tsk! These accursed bugs annoy me to no end!
7. Moon Tyrant: No matter! I've been toying with them, but now I shall show them the true extent of my power!!
*Moon Tyrant concentrates energy from the dark aura of the orb*
*Gruesmoon dark aura blast! What will be the fate of our heroes?!*
Status: approved, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=365)
09-13-2009, 03:48 PM
Shit's about to get real.
Panel 1/ Gruesmoon's laser carves into the beach. Characters dive/are blown in all directions.
Panel 2/ Gruesmoon walks through a wall of smoke created by his attack. Anchorbird lays unconscious on the ground surrounded by rubble, other injured/unconscious/dead people, etc.
1.) Gruesmoon - Alright, you insignificant little whelp. You're going to show me the Samsara whether you're conscious for it's arrival or not.
Panel 3/ Elsa leaps at Gruesmoon from behind, stabbing him in the back with one of her knives.
2.) Elsa - You stay away from him! (Get away from her, you bitch?)
3.) Gruesmoon - GAAAH!
Panel 4/ Gruesmoon knocks Elsa away, the knife still stuck in his back.
4.) Gruesmoon - Colthorian filth!
5.) Elsa - UHN!
Panel 5/ Very low angle. Elsa is laying on the ground, having been knocked down by Gruesmoon. She's looking up with a look of shock, confusion, and fear on her face at the figure standing in front of her. In the background we see Gruesmoon staring with surprise at the same figure that Elsa's looking at. In the foreground we see one of the Vessel's very recognizable big metal boots standing before Elsa. A bright yellow light washes down over her.
6.) Gruesmoon (off panel) - You're going to beg for - - WHAT?!
Panel 6/ Pull back. Elsa is still laying on the ground. Standing before her is the Vessel. Some blood remains from the severed Guard's head, but now the small Sun Orb floats above it's shoulders, emanating a bright yellow light.
7.) Elsa - Bless the gods...
Status: approved, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=367)
09-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Status: approved, page finished (http://jessemunoz.com/anchorbird/?p=369)
09-13-2009, 05:23 PM
panel 1 - overhead shot of AB after whatever happened with samsara in that cellar... this is probably a few days.. maybe even a week or two since he had his discussion with his buddy (see page 54) and abruptly returned to throw down with gruesmoon. anyway i'm not sure if he should still be bandaged up and i'm guessing that's up for discussion either way it don't matter none to me.
(all the dialog is his army buddy)
1 - Never thought i'd see the day Sims... Just wish you'd say something... After i said her name you just .. zonked out again..
2 - I don't know if it's my fault or... or what's going on in your head.
3 - Anyway buddy... they told me they'd be taking you away tonight... Back home! But heh... I guess you're not so excited about being discharged...
4 - They... they told me you wouldn't be waking up a second time Sims...
09-21-2009, 05:12 PM
05-13-2010, 06:39 PM
Starting chapter two now.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.1 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.