PDA

View Full Version : Streamline's best settings

Spidey
09-05-2003, 11:13 PM
How do I get Adobe Streamline to give me the best "inked" results?

What resolution should I convert at and what should my settings be at etc? Any help appreciated, thank you.

MassivePenguin
09-06-2003, 02:39 PM
To get the best results, I recommend hitting Streamline with a stick.

Hahahahaha.

Ahem.

Streamline's a good program, but I find it terribly random. If you're doing anything other than a character sketch or illustration, it may not be worth it (I have yet to get it to convert a full size comic page to a standard which pleases me). All I can suggest is tweaking the settings until you get one which works with the piece you're doing at the time. Although this is probably just me, and there will, I'm sure, be people out there who have used it a hell of a lot more than me and can offer some real help. Sorry. :P

s.s.nails
09-06-2003, 08:29 PM
aight,

PSG 6 (http://www.itchstudios.com/psg/info_news.php)

Theres a tutorial on that type of stuff there... hopefully that'll help :) its under comic coloring

Spidey
09-06-2003, 10:40 PM
Thanks nails, thats a helpful site.
You're right Mke I guess I shouls just mess with it... after I beat it with a stick!

MassivePenguin
09-07-2003, 01:23 PM
Here's the only piece of art processed thru Streamline that actually turned out like I wanted it to:

http://www.catalyststudios.co.uk/gallery/kungfugrip.jpg

And yes, I hit Streamline with a stick to get it like that.

GIGAFATTYMON
09-07-2003, 02:06 PM
Streamline is a not a product that produces a finished inked piece, expecting this is asking too much from it, regardless of the settings. It converts raster to vector, thatís about it, and the images are meant to be perfected by moving, deleting, adding and generally messing about with anchor points in Illustrator or some other such program.

In fact, I often find it easier to go over a drawing in Illustrator than to fix the images Streamline throws at me.

Spidey
09-08-2003, 12:40 AM
Yeah, if I still had a working copy of Illustrator I would be alot happier.

I didnt really phrase the question asking what I really meant though. I know sl doesnt produce inked pieces from pencil, but I know it can aid your already inked piece into looking sharper or atleast by turning it into a vector image.

Its just that everytime I use it it doesnt give me back my inks all sharp like I wanted it to. Instead it gets rid of alot of lines and detail. Is there anyway I can open up the ps file in streamline so that it stays at a very high dpi so I can convert it without losing too much detail?