PDA

View Full Version : Brush Pens again.

Mike
09-02-2003, 06:07 PM
That damn Xadrian killed the stock of Microns in Austin and I needs me some brush pens. I bought one of those Niji Water Pens or whatever and it's nice that it's refillable and it seemed to get a good line at first, but the damned thing has a leak in it's seals, so whenever I squeeze it to load the brush with ink, it squirts all ove the place.

So: once again- what brush pens do y'all like and (I'm asking this because I don't want to carry a brush and a bottle of ink everywhere) what do y'all like about them?

xadrian
09-02-2003, 07:11 PM
I've got 4 now, but since they last for a while, I can give you a couple if you want. ;)

There's a new Hobby Lobby over by me just north of Parmer on 35, new shopping center. They may have some.

Mike
09-02-2003, 07:18 PM
Is that the one near the Fry's? I better call them up.

xadrian
09-02-2003, 07:21 PM
other end of Parmer, near that giant HEB.

xadrian
09-02-2003, 08:09 PM
It's these mo's if you can't get to an art shop.

http://www.dickblick.com/zz207/59/products.asp?param=0&ig_id=5061

They're the black #B bruch nibs.

Mike
09-02-2003, 08:57 PM
Thanks, duder. I was sitting here calling that Hobby Lobby all like "do you have Micron Brush Pens?" and they were all like "no" and I was all like "what-EVER". I just got off the phone with my sister. Please beLIEEEVE ME!

I think I'll just order some from Dick Blick. And maybe this wonderful bag of shit. (http://www.dickblick.com/zz305/18/products.asp?param=0&ig_id=5047) Thanks for the link.

BTW- I got some Murphy's Pub Draught and Paulaner Hefeweizen over here. It's goooood.

Stark Raving
09-02-2003, 09:11 PM
Go to Michael's Arts and Crafts. The stores up here in Dallas carry Microns.

Mike
09-02-2003, 09:14 PM
Ehh. Yeah, I could do that, but I think I'm just gonna order from Dick Blick. The price was pretty low, and for the quantity of items I actually found and want from there, the shipping will be fair enough.

Stark Raving
09-02-2003, 09:16 PM
So you're just too lazy to leave the house then? :p

xadrian
09-02-2003, 10:29 PM
Seriously, I'd still stop by Hobby Lobby. You actually have to go, they really don't know shit from shinolahead, even if you have the item and simultaneously ask them if they carry it, they'll say no.

I'll hit the one by my house tomorrow and report back.

Mike
09-03-2003, 12:19 AM
Man, I'll just have to eat the heat and drive down there tomorrow after work. I want those pens so bad I can taste it. Especially since Dick Blick's online order forms were spazzing out on me.

Mike
09-03-2003, 08:43 PM
Well, I braved the heat and humidity in my A/C-less car during evening rush hour. After leaving work at 5:00 PM, I went straight to Austin Books (about 30 minutes driving) and looked around a bit (forgot new comics are tomorrow, but I blew my wad all over some books anyway). From there, I hopped back onto MoPac and shot up 183 to the Michaels in the Gateway/Arboretum area (about 30 minutes driving). They didn't have the brush pens and never heard of Faber-Castell :rolleyes: . Then I went farther up 183 to the Hobby Lobby in the Lakeline shopping center and they had the pens (45 minutes driving time for like 5 miles or something).

I cleaned out their black brush nib Pitt pens (only 3 of them) and got a pack of the greys. Good deal.

I'm a little dehydrated now. The pens work awesome, though, and I'm going to use them generously in my draw-off with Spidey.