PDA

View Full Version : Starting a web comic and need help with colouring!!!

poo_pie
08-30-2003, 05:38 PM
I am interested in starting a web comic and, like many other web comics, the colouring in and shading is suberb. My brother and I know that people use Photoshop for this but I would like to know what version people use. Please tell me!

:confused:

atom_basher
08-30-2003, 05:39 PM
people ehre use different version, i use 7.0 and users likre babycakes who is excellent use 5.5, BUT this is the completely wrong forum for this

poo_pie
08-30-2003, 05:46 PM
sorry about placing it in the wrong forum but thanks anyway!
(im new you see:p )

Inkthinker
08-31-2003, 01:44 PM
Generally people use the latest version of Photoshop... v7.0 is the current one, I think.

Though if you can find a copy of v5 or 5.5 for cheap, it has all the essential tools you'll need for just about anything. I stuck with 5.1 until very recently, when I finally caved and started getting into v7 (they changed a bunch of the interface between v5.5 and 6, and then from 6 to 7, and I was avoiding the learning curve I knew I'd have to put up with).

Photoshop is a mite expensive, but it is the industry standard (and not just the comics industry, but across the entire art industry) for a reason... it's incredibly flexible and effective for multiple purposes. Anyone who wants to work as an artist needs to have at least some familiarity with it.

DEVin
08-31-2003, 02:17 PM
I stuck with 6 for a long time.

7 rocks.