View Full Version : printer question

08-25-2003, 12:55 PM
I recently got a HP Deskjet 1220c printer and I'm having a hard time getting bristol board to run through it because of it's weight and thickness. I've tried changing the paper type in the printer settings but it won't take it. The boards specifications are much higher than those recommended for the printer but I've heard of people doing this. Any ideas?

Dash Martin
08-25-2003, 02:57 PM
Are you feeding it in through the back of the printer? Also, is there a lever in it for switching it to "envelope" mode? That'd raise the carriage slightly. I know the smaller HP's have that feature.

08-25-2003, 07:23 PM
No, I'm feeding it through the front. And there's no envelope mode as far as I can tell.

Dash Martin
08-25-2003, 07:43 PM
Ok...well try feeding it through the back. I can't remember i if there's a piece of plastic with a dial that you have to turn and remove or if it's unblocked...but there's a way to feed paper through the printer straight. Also, the HP website says to "slide the paper width adjuster to the far left." So, there must be some kind of green or gray lever in/on the printer for thick stuff. This should all be in your manual.

08-26-2003, 04:50 PM
I don't see anything about this in my manual. Where on the HP site did you read this? I'm going to try feeding it through the back. Thanks for all of your help!

Steve Conan Trustrum
08-27-2003, 03:40 PM
Be careful with forcing weights heavier than recommended through your printer; you can cause serious misalingments to your feeds by doing so.

08-27-2003, 04:46 PM
Thanks. I started feeding them through the back though and it works fine. The board lies within the limitations for "cards" in the manual but not "paper" so I think that it is ok.