PDA

View Full Version : Texturiffic!

pagethirteen
08-20-2003, 07:44 PM
Does any one have any tips on texture for colorists? I'm talking specifically about that modelled look often found on robots and metal to make it look kind of beat up. Do you have to bite the bullet and make many individual selections or is there a quick way of doing it?

Thanks--

-P.

Tommm9
08-20-2003, 11:02 PM
I'm not sure if this will help but here goes. Just use real metal like textures when you color.try scanning in some charcol smudges,a grease pencil or even a black color pencil they can produce some very weathered effects. Look at guys like george prat or john van flleet they do it all the time. Or look at ashly wood his robots always have a fine layer of crud on them. Now this can be tricky especially if your coloring someone who is a very tight clean artist. Mainly just experiment with diffrent stuff and see which turns out the best.

pagethirteen
08-27-2003, 12:00 PM
Yeah, I could use photographic textures but I'd like to do it by hand. Thanks for the advice though...

Anyone else? Don't be shy...

Dash Martin
08-27-2003, 01:47 PM
Personally...I just make multiple selections, grad fill it, remove the selections, and then make more selections on the same area and do the process again. Usually turns out pretty good.