PDA

View Full Version : A Question for the Wacom Users

Quiller-Bee
08-15-2003, 08:00 PM
For some time now, I've been using Wacom tablets for coloring, digital inking, etc., etc.. However, I've never worked with any of the optional pens that one can purchase to accompany the tablets. The only tools that I've used are the standard pens that come with the tablets.

Has anyone here used the Wacom Airbrush, Stroke Pen or Inking Pen? I'm considering adding them to my digital arsenal. However, before I shell out the cash, I'd like to get some feedback from those of you who already have experience with using any or all of these tools. For those who have done so, how would you rate their performance in comparison to the standard pen? Do you see enough of an advantage for any of these tools to justify the cost, or do you find yourself using the standard Wacom pen for 99% of your work?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

astrocity20
08-16-2003, 11:57 PM
I've never used one and to be truthful I've never heard of anyone using any of them. I'm betting they're pretty much useless and not worth the money.

TomLuth
08-17-2003, 09:15 PM
Not to mention, I have never seen them available for demo. This last week, at a Photoshop Expo here in Long Beach, Wacom was present with a number of tablets, including the Cintique monitor/tablet, but all with the standard pen. I'd be curious to try the other pens, just in case there is something I'm really missing, but alas... They are rather expensive, so I would need to be quite impressed to consider buying.