PDA

View Full Version : How to attach Pictures together...

Can_I_Bus
07-28-2003, 01:29 PM
i dont know if its possible to do in photoshop 7, but can you still scan half the image at a time and put them back together in this program?

Inkthinker
07-28-2003, 02:56 PM
Don't see why not... it's a pretty basic Photshop operation. Just scan in both halves, double the canvas size on one of them (make sure you lock down a side so it expands in only one direction) and then paste in the second half. Scoot it around until they match up and then flatten your image.

Peesacake.

SenorSwanky
07-28-2003, 05:23 PM
Yeah, it's easy if the two halves do in fact line up. I've rarely done this successfully. There's almost always a slight discrepancy between the two halves. Luckily, I just got my Mustek A3 scanner in the mail from China, by way of Canada. Yay!

Inkthinker
07-28-2003, 06:57 PM
It helps to use a side of the scanbed to line them up, and to be VERY careful about it.

If you don't use something to help set up common registration, then the pages will almost never line up and you'll have *way* too much fun playing with the transform tools, trying to rotate one of the image layers until it lines up better. Bleah.

Those are the seldom used sarcasterixes, by the way. :D

Baloodoo Bill
07-28-2003, 09:17 PM
If you slide the image (between scans, not during) rather than turn it 180 degrees, your images will line up better. If your scanner has no raised edge to butt your page against, make one from masking tape, index cards, flexible ruler...

When assembling, use the Difference mode in the Layers Palette. The area where the images overlap will go negative. The areas that match will be black, those that don't will be white. Adjust placement until the overlapping area is solid black. Return to Normal mode and deselect. REPEAT, return to Normal BEFORE you deselect! Otherwise the black area will show on the assembled page.