PDA

View Full Version : whats the best supplies?

Killer_gym_sox
07-26-2003, 02:12 AM
hey peeps! Been sorta gone for a while.. taking a break from pj for a lil while.. Anyways i wanna know what items (pencils, inks, so on) i should stock up on. I hear a lot of different techniques and such like blue lineing it and stuff.. But im just curious what items you find best to use.. Inks? what kind of pencils? I use photoshop for coloring and stuff but are there any other cool methods.. i have seen some really sweet water color before.. anyways thanks for the help and peace!

Dash Martin
07-26-2003, 03:23 AM
You could probably find the answers to all those questions by reading through the various threads in the Tips & Tech forum.

MC Fumunda
07-26-2003, 03:23 AM
Indeed.

ecstaticboy
07-26-2003, 01:35 PM
dammmn, it's not the meat it the motion. thats my opinion.

Killer_gym_sox
07-26-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Methane
You could probably find the answers to all those questions by reading through the various threads in the Tips & Tech forum.

doh! i totally forgot about the tips and tech :rolleyes:

Baloodoo Bill
07-26-2003, 07:17 PM
I prefer Col-Erase brand blue pencils, item # 1283 (light blue). They erase more cleanly than any other blue pencil (because we all make boo boos in the drawing stage) yet require no erasing when scanning inks (just turn on your scanner's Blue filter, or your Red filter if your scanning the pencils alone).

For inking I prefer a Windsor Newton Series 7. Some despise them with a passion, other's won't use anything less.

Killer_gym_sox
07-27-2003, 01:18 AM
thanks bill. Ill keep those items in my wish list. I dunno how i would find out if my hewlett packerd printer/copier/scanner has a blue filter... how can i

Baloodoo Bill
07-27-2003, 05:50 PM
The easiest way would be to check the scanner software manual. At least it's in the software on mine, under "Options" in the scan menu.

What truly separates scanners is the quality of the software. If your scanner is geared towards business, you may not have this feature.