PDA

View Full Version : Tablet question

skatermonkey
06-25-2003, 09:26 PM
I might get a tablet sometime soon (hopefully). I was wondering what some good ones are, and what the price ranges are (prices for different sizes, too). I've tried looking this up before, but I don't really know what I'm looking at, so I thought I'd ask people who've got some knowledge on the subject. Oh yeah, I'd be using it mainly for drawing and coloring, but I'd probably get into photo manipulation later, too, thanks.

eliseu gouveia
06-25-2003, 10:57 PM
My Wacom Volitos is not gruesomelly hideous and it came with a free copy of Painter Classic, so I canīt say I was completelly devastated by the experience of dropping a measly $70 on the table.:cool:
On the downside, of course the fact that I ALWAYS confuse it with my regular pens canīt be a plus :) .

Inkthinker
06-26-2003, 01:35 AM
Stick with Wacom and it's child Intuos. Stay far away from the Aiptek.

skatermonkey
06-26-2003, 01:39 AM
Thanks, guys, also are there any specific models that would be better to get? I'm pretty clueless as to which ones are better and worse for different purposes.

Baloodoo Bill
06-26-2003, 04:12 AM
I recently had to replace my ancient 4x5 tablet. Got a GREAT deal on a 6x8 and, while I love the new 2 button stylus and increased sensitivity, I'm indifferent as to the larger pad.

I know a number of artist's with larger pads who scale them down to 4x5 through the tablets control panel.

If you want a toy, the Graphire will do. If you want a tool, go for the Intuos (twice the sensitivity)

skatermonkey
06-26-2003, 04:22 AM
Thanks, Bill, I was checking out the Wacom site, and it seemed like Intuos is what I'd like, but I may settle for the Ghaphire. It'll just depend on how much my limit is, I guess. Or I'll get Graphire now and upgrade on my own sometime down the line. Thanks again, everyone.

Baloodoo Bill
06-26-2003, 08:03 PM
Consider Ebay. That's where I got mine and it saved me close to $300.