PDA

View Full Version : popular comic book font????

jtek
06-20-2003, 10:10 PM
Hey guys, does anyone know what the most widely used comic font is? More specifically can anyone tell me what font Heirs of Eternity is done in?

Yes, it is the book im penciling/inking right now. Im giong to be doing my own lettering. If anyone can tell me what my own comic book's font is i will Give you a big a$$ thank you in issue 4's letters page!.

jingzenpencil@yahoo.com

thanx people,
-Jae-

Tony Moore
06-20-2003, 10:52 PM
a lot of folks use Comicraft's Wild and Crazy font, though i don't know what the Heirs guys use.
www.Blambot.com has become the poor man's best choice, offering a boatload of excellent fonts for free or cheap.

However, i think a lot people recognize the old Comicraft font as SO standard that it's almost too old and standard. i recommend finding something with a little more flavor.

-T

Jeremy Colwell
06-20-2003, 11:36 PM
On most of my work I use a modified version of Blambot's "Fanboy Hardcore". It is the best fit for my style I've found without creating my own from scratch (which I really need to do one of these days). Find something specific to your style and the story and don't worry if it looks exactly like the font you see in other books. Good luck.

Jeremy

Tommm9
06-29-2003, 04:55 PM
More than likly the most common font is comiccraft's "wild words" There really is no industry standard. The most important thing about a type face is that it is clear and read able even at a small scale like say 7pts. Thier are alot of great places to get usefull fonts on the web. Here are A few. comicfrat,blambot Comicraft has a better selection. Adobe fonts are great ,very wide selection, House type fonts very hip style fonts.And Finally Emigre has A huge selection of really cool fonts. One last thing Since Comicraft is the most widely used in mainstream comics it is easliy recognisable so most readers will say "hey that's the artro city font or that the joe mad font". So try to match your font with your style of art work or the reults with be jaring.

Killer_gym_sox
06-30-2003, 12:01 AM
wingdings :D

sorry couldnt help it