PDA

View Full Version : Scanning, Lettering, and Preparing for Print

JerryCantrell
05-27-2003, 10:45 AM
Hi everyone, any resources on this site in regards to doing this?

Once the art's been inked what are the next steps? Can someone point me in the general diretion on the web or just address this here?

Specifically I'm curious as to where you go to scan (I'd rather not do the 1/2 1/2 and match up thing I've read about when you have an undersized scanner). What format do you scan it into (.jpg, tiff, etc?). And then what programs you use to letter the comic and also get it ready to send to a printer.

I know it's a lot of stuff to ask so if there's anything readily available here point me to it. Thanks again.

Nerdface
05-27-2003, 10:49 AM
This should help you out:

Marvel's Epic Technical Guidelines (http://www.marvel.com/epic/downloads/TechnicalGuidelines.pdf )

You need Adobe Acrobat to read it though.

Dash Martin
05-27-2003, 11:53 AM
I scan in my inks with my cheapass 11x17 Mustek scanner, save as a 600dpi .tif, color it, and send it to the letterer.

JerryCantrell
05-27-2003, 01:24 PM
Mustek's are cheap, looked at one through their website that scans 11.7x17, only $200. And you're saying the quality is good too? Aside from that, thanks for the help everyone. I still am a long way from printing (still working on sketches) but the info is definitely good.

martin_topsecret
05-29-2003, 10:34 AM
WOW!!! that marvel Epic Technical Guide is awesome!!!

Thanks, so many questions were answered (and the file size to be colored in Painter is very distressing)