PDA

View Full Version : Another dreamweaver question.

in4pain
05-16-2003, 03:40 PM
Just wanted to know if their was a way to lock tables in place to keep them from accidentally getting resized? I have just redesigned my site so it will load quicker and did it in tables and wanted to know if this was at all possible? Thanks for the time.

Tony Moore
05-16-2003, 03:54 PM
i don't use Dreamwaever, but this is standard HTML coding, so it will work across the board.

In the code, just drop the % from your width tags. "75%" means that no matter how big the screen's resolution is, the table/cell will take up 3/4 of it, but plain ol "75" means that no matter what the screen's resolution is, the table/cell will be 75 pixels wide.

So, take the width of your screen's resolution and the table/cell widths in percentages and do the math, replacing them with fixed pixel measurements.

-T

xadrian
05-16-2003, 03:56 PM
it also depends on if you want a static cell inside the table and one that's a percentage, so 75/* would do 75 pix and then use the rest of the space in the table for the remaining column's cell.

Llama
05-16-2003, 11:00 PM
Hey there ;cap;

the 2 choices that I can think of for you,
you can either use layers and make them scroll for extra content,
or whateer. You could also use templates.

I would reccomend the second one,
because that way if you decide to redesign your site,
you don't have to rebuild it page by page. :D

Kody
05-30-2003, 06:07 PM
I use Dreamweaver quite a bit, and you can set template areas in Dreamweaver and lock certain sections, and allow others to be editable. This is probably what you're looking for, and you can find some more information on editable templates H E R E (http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/ts/documents/nestededitable.htm)