PDA

View Full Version : Kubert Correspondence Courses

Nerdface
05-04-2003, 04:36 PM
I don't think there's been a thread about this yet...

I've recently been given the opportunity to do one of the Kubert Correspondence courses. There's only one problem now, I can't decide which one! I really want to do the "Penciling" and the "Heroes and Superheroes" course.

There's even a good chance that I get to do them both.
But in what order should I do them?

Learn how to draw Superheroes first, and then how to pencil properly, or pencil properly and then draw Superheroes?

Does anyone have any experience with these courses? Are they worth the money? Please enlighten me....

Vegeta
05-05-2003, 10:44 AM
Nerdface,

I tried the Penciling course back when they first introduced them around 1999.I loved the Penciling course plus the materials,tapes and book are all very useful if your a beginner.I don't know about the other courses but I know this one is great.If I remember right when you buy one course the next one is a little cheapier because you already have the materials pack(paper,pens,nibs,pencils,etc).

My advice try the Penciling course first then try the Superhero one because the Penciling course cover a lot information to help you get started.Good luck.

Nerdface
05-05-2003, 02:07 PM
Thanks Vegeta!
Congratulations on your promotion to Moderator on the Critical Mass forums!

I'm going to order the Penciling course. And since I live in The Netherlands and don't posess a creditcard, I'm going to have to send a money order to them.

This is probably gonna take a while, but I'll keep you guys posted!

Nerdface
05-06-2003, 04:54 PM
Righto! Update!

So I went to the bank today, and they had no friggin' clue about what a "money order" was. So to prevent further difficulties from happening now and in the future, I'm getting a creditcard (Well actually, my mom and dad are, since I'm too young...).

St00pid Dutch banks, it's gonna take a bit longer to order them Correspondence courses now...

I'm going to start with 'Penciling' by the way.

xadrian
05-06-2003, 04:58 PM
They may not know money orders, but they should know what a cashier's check is.

It's funny that you said " So to prevent further difficulties from happening now and in the future, I'm getting a creditcard"

That's, like, well, the worst thing you can do really. Use it once, pay it off then destroy it. Get a checking account with a debit card instead. :)

Congrats on doing the schooling thing. Keep us posted!!

menace
05-06-2003, 06:06 PM
So to prevent further difficulties from happening now and in the future, I'm getting a creditcard

I once thought this too............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................o nce.

;cap;

Vegeta
05-07-2003, 11:11 AM
Nerdface,

xadrian is right try to get a cashiers check if you can.Credit cards will eat you up with dept.The interest rate on those things are horrible.

I am glad you chose the Penciling course I think you will enjoy it.Post some work if you get the chance in the future.

guerilla mosh
05-13-2003, 02:16 PM
i have finished the penciling course just recently thats when i figured out there is an order you should follow. If you have the order form in front of you,you will notice that super heroes comes first then villians , page layout ect. By doing it in this order you learn every thing in order. I mistakenly did the penciling first only to find out that my page layouts should be better and if i would have done them in order i would have known how to layout my pages better. BUT LIVE AND LEARN I GUESS ? My next course will be super heroes and then I'm going in oder

motherbleepers
05-18-2003, 07:01 AM
Me: hell of happy about the following because no way can I afford a nice little correspondance course for myself so Ive bought kuberts comic book studio. With that, wizard is bringing back basic training done none other by joe kubert. So, Im cool with this...getting the cheap versions of a correspondance course!

Nerdface
05-18-2003, 06:15 PM
Hah!
You're too late!
The Heroes and Superheroes course is already in the mail.
It could take a while though, 'cus I'm one ocean (Atlantic) and one sea (North) away from them...

motherbleepers
05-18-2003, 08:20 PM
Good for you, nerdface. That's extremely cool you can afford a series of home studies at the expensive rate of a lot of money.
H