PDA

View Full Version : Posting from Deviant Art

Pixelated_Pope
04-30-2003, 12:02 AM
I'm not sure if this post, or rant, should go, but I'm hoping people will see it and take it into consideration.

The fact is, Deviant Art has "Deviously Banned" me for no reason. And I'm sure I'm not alone.

Also, with the new requirments to link to Deviant Art instead of being able to use the IMG tag, there is a lot of art I (and many other poeple) are missing out on.

So there is apparently 2 ways you can post from Deviant art.

This way (which most people use): http://www.deviantart.com/view/1780520
(The above is a link to Cheeks-74 "Wonder Woman and Plastic Man at the beach ")

And this way (Which fewer people use): http://images.deviantart.com/large/indyart/indymisc/Reyven_hunt_2.jpg
(The above is a link to Warlockss ''Reyven Hunt'' promo piece.)

Do you see the difference in the URL? Well, I can see Warlockss piece (kick ass, btw) but I don't have access to Cheeks' piece (which I hear is kick ass, but don't know for sure).

...So, this is just a desperate cry, and there's no way I can force you to do this, but I would appreciate it if you guys would post directly to the jpg image instead of the deviation number.

Thus ends my rant. Thanks.

Please move this if I posted it in the wrong forum.

GIGAFATTYMON
04-30-2003, 12:25 AM
Unfortunately your suggestion of directly linking to the image rather than the page it's on is what gets people banned from there.

Inkthinker
04-30-2003, 05:21 AM
Saaay... isn't that the same image concept that Devilman was working on, the whole "Coppertone ad parody with Superman's dog" thing?

Heh... it's okay, but I'd rather see John's version with Supergirl.

Shortboy
04-30-2003, 11:35 AM
I've been linking directly to the image and have been looking for another place to house my stuff. I quess I'll just keep doing it until they ban me also then I'll move my stuff. :cool:

atom_basher
05-03-2003, 05:14 PM
i use internations.net, they work well

astrocity20
05-03-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Shortboy
I've been linking directly to the image and have been looking for another place to house my stuff. I quess I'll just keep doing it until they ban me also then I'll move my stuff. :cool:

That's the way I think about it. I'll keep working my way down to the devil's depths of Geocities. lol.

Mike
05-04-2003, 02:13 PM
Did y'all see this? http://penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28923 It's not free, but it's daaaamn cheap.

Jel
05-05-2003, 10:17 AM
Not sure of what I'm talking about, maybe thsi is going to be like the most stupid thing you've heard in a while,

BUT

Have you tried clearing up your cookies? I believe this might solve your problem as people who aren't even registered in DA are able to see these pics. I would think that bannage would only prevent you from hosting our pics there.

Hope this helps. But if it doesn't, please don't throw stones at me

Pixelated_Pope
05-05-2003, 02:00 PM
They've actually banned my IP address, and I'm on a static IP.

I've totally reformatted my computer several times since I first noticed they banned me, and I think that takes care of your cookies when you reformat.

Thanks for trying though.