PDA

View Full Version : how do i make my linart so nice?

Killer_gym_sox
04-26-2003, 12:30 AM
i do sketches and stuff but when i actually try to do drawings im still no match for how nice the lines are on here. I dont understand how to make my lines so smooth.. I mean i see all the curves and all on ppls artwork here and they are perfect. They also seem like they are inked but they arent... sigh.. Can someone tell me the steps in which to make a good drawing. I mean like do they light box it? Tell me the steps you take in order to produce a really nice finished drawing.. greatly appreciated by me and whoever else is wondering the same thing.

GIGAFATTYMON
04-26-2003, 12:49 AM
The reasons for this.

1 When people scan their work in, they clean up all the crap in Photoshop or some such program, leaving only goodness.

2. They take the time to trace their messy drawing onto a lovely new clean piece of paper via a lightbox, taking care with the lines.

3. They scan their work in turn it a very light blue or grey, print it out and go over the good bits, then scan that one in, the blue of grey for the most part wont be noticeable.

4. They have freakishly unnatural abilities.

Inkthinker
04-26-2003, 02:34 AM
Actually, it's all about the practice. The term you're searching for is confidence of line, meaning that your lines are firmly, smoothly placed onto the page. And really it's a self-explanatory term, what it means is that as you grow more confident in your work your lines reflect this confidence. An artist who is certain of what he's drawing draws the lines smoothly and naturally.

And that's just something that comes with experience. But it helps if your start conciously thinking about it, thinking jst a bit ahead of your drawing and being certain of where you want the line to go.

Killer_gym_sox
04-26-2003, 02:54 AM
cool. Thanks for the replies. Ill keep practicing.. Spose thats the only way to get better.